Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

conor93a wrote: »
    Any of ye Staying in Brookfield?

Possibly. It's not too far from the other first year accommodations, so you'll mix easy with a lot of the first years. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

Yeah, I went up there today, it's a really nice place, great location too. Fairly pricey though

Yeah, I went up there today, it's a really nice place, great location too. Fairly pricey though

Ooh sweet. Money worth paying out. :) I can't make any trips down there to check those digs out (ten hour journey) but i'll take your word for it, lel.

Vetton wrote: »
    Ooh sweet. Money worth paying out. :) I can't make any trips down there to check those digs out (ten hour journey) but i'll take your word for it, lel.

Look forward to seeing you there! PM me if you want my Facebook or anything. It'd be nice to know someone else who's living there!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

The Village is the spot people!! :)

• Advertisement

MartonD2 wrote: »
    The Village is the spot people!! :)

We'll come to your house parties then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Anyone in Victoria Lodge?

Ya no prob :P ...Who else is staying in the village ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

Anyone in Victoria Lodge?

Me :)

Heard anything about it?

dcbeast wrote: »
    Me :)

Heard anything about it?

Not much, you're the first person I've heard of staying there :p
    As long as I have my bed and Internet access I won't complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Anyone get any kind of information from the college yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

Those that are doing Arts, what subjects are you choosing?

Not much, you're the first person I've heard of staying there :p
    As long as I have my bed and Internet access I won't complain :D

Haha fair enough :o

Same as :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Paudyyy wrote: »

English, history, geography and politics. The first three are definite, the last is a possibility.

Nicole. wrote: »
    English, history, geography and politics. The first three are definite, the last is a possibility.

I'm the exact same, except I'm not sure if I'll do Geography. I might do philosophy or something instead

I'm the exact same, except I'm not sure if I'll do Geography. I might do philosophy or something instead

Probably see you there then :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

English, History, Maths and Psychology :)

When is everyone moving down ??

I think I'm going down in early September to get to know Cork a little better.

Unsure yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola100

Is any one moving into castlewhite ?? , me and mate got accepted there today moving down from galway :) does anyone no much about it , is it good crack ?

http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/further-info/uccplus/importantdates/details-89440-en.html

How does this work? Maybe a stupid question but do we all live in the Castlewhite appartments for that week even if our accomodation isn't there?

http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/further-info/uccplus/importantdates/details-89440-en.html

How does this work? Maybe a stupid question but do we all live in the Castlewhite appartments for that week even if our accomodation isn't there?

I would say so.

Wonder if the orientation week will be any good?

I think I'm going down in early September to get to know Cork a little better.

Where I'm staying(The Village) I can move in on the 4th, but that seem's too early ha? Think ill wait until the 10th..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'll probably be doing Irish, Geography, Politics and maybe Computer Studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Zola100 wrote: »
    Is any one moving into castlewhite ?? , me and mate got accepted there today moving down from galway :) does anyone no much about it , is it good crack ?

Castlewhite is grand, you're right at the college and everyone around is students so can be a good laugh.

It does have the nickname castleshite however, but that's more to do with the name than anything the place has to offer. :p

I had friends there the year before last and they really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrycailin7

hi lads,
    I just completed first year arts.
    Just to let u know for those doing history, hope ye are morning people.
    Lectures are 9am Monday, Wdnesday and Friday.and 10am another day (wish i had known this)
    Unless u love history, I wouldn't bother studying it.
    I loved history in school but its uber boring here. I just used leaving cert revision book and passed it.
    Hope this helps ye.
    Take care and enjoy UCC.

When is orientation week? I haven't gotten any info from UCC and the website is giving me mixed info on what the dates are :o

When is orientation week? I haven't gotten any info from UCC and the website is giving me mixed info on what the dates are :o

Are you a HEAR student?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Off to CIT you toerag.

Advertisement