Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for UCC

• 17-08-2015 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Well lads! Starting first year in UCC in September but I've no accommodation got yet! Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated or if anyone wants to look for house sharing with me either, let me know! Sound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 R2015

What course?? I booked Victoria mills but I think thats full up but I'd say try get on the waiting lists for accommodation because people will start to cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andy683

R2015 wrote: »
    What course?? I booked Victoria mills but I think thats full up but I'd say try get on the waiting lists for accommodation because people will start to cancel!

Biological and chemical sciences! I've been trying some of the student accommodation and other pricate complexes but they seem to be closed?

Deadly! Yeah just saw that myself even the waiting lists are closed...

Deadly! Yeah just saw that myself even the waiting lists are closed...

Are there many shared housing options around UCC, do you know? What course are you doing?

Andy683 wrote: »
    Are there many shared housing options around UCC, do you know? What course are you doing?

There seem to be a lot of people looking for house share try looking at the bumper accomodation thread on this! I think ucc have an accomodation search on their website which is quite good! Criminology!

• Advertisement

There seem to be a lot of people looking for house share try looking at the bumper accomodation thread on this! I think ucc have an accomodation search on their website which is quite good! Criminology!

I'll have a look there so, cheers! If you don't get campus, come back to me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolu_ox

also looking for accommodation.. any luck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sineadcarthy

Also looking for accommodation to share with first years

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swimming11

Andy683 wrote: »
    I'll have a look there so, cheers! If you don't get campus, come back to me 😂

Any luck as I am also looking for accommodation.
    1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolu_ox

Also looking for accommodation.

If anyone is willing to look for a house together. Pm me please

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Swimming11

Hi Andy,

My name is also Andy and first year in UCC. Castle White had a lot of cancellations this morning. I tried every campus accommodation in the city this morning, rejected everywhere. May last call was to Castle White - I was shocked when they told me they had a vacancy . They don't
    keep a waiting list. This was my third visit to the city looking for accommodation, perseverance pays off.
    Best of Luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gstar420

I'm in 6th year now and doing my Leaving in June and I plan to do Nursing in UCC! (All going well!)
    I went to the open day there and I know the nursing lectures are all held in the Brookfield health and science building, so naturally I'm thinking about getting accommodation in Brookfield!
    From researching online I've been seeing lots of positive and negative reports on Brookfield...
    I have a few questions on it and if anyone can help me out I'd be so grateful!
    1) Is it nice in general, i.e. Is it a nice campus and are the quality of the apartments good?
    2) Which are better to go for, the apartments or townhouses?
    3) Can a group, say for the townhouse which holds 7/8 book together or similarly could 3/4 friends book together for the apartments?
    4) How strict is it? Can you have house parties e.t.c and can friends come and stay with you?

Anybody that could answer any of these questions I would really appreciate it! ☺️

Also if I wasn't to go for Brookfield what other accommodation would be good and close to go for if I'm doing nursing?

Many thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FirstDraft1

Well lads - PM me if you haven't got ac**********n sorted for next year in UCC... (Blocked out the letters there so this post shouldn't be banned for adverts)

Advertisement