Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Kitchenaid Artisan mixer

• 17-04-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer (please don't bother replying saying they're overpriced etc.; it's a present)

I checked north and £395 seems the cheapest, south about €570.

I don't think anywhere does 'great' deals on them but some places might have a 20% discount, pigsback or other discount sites might have a deal.

Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Hi op,

have you tried amazon and using parcel motel as a delivery method as a lot of these mixers won't deliver to Ireland.

There are a number of more reasonably priced alternatives to kitchen aid. I got a James Andrews mixer the same size as a kitchen aid, stronger motor, same chrome finish and extra attachments on Amazon using parcel motel for around €200. As a chef I've used kitchen aids for years and honestly the only difference I've noticed on the James Andrews is that it is slightly louder!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

th283 wrote: »
    Hi op,

There are a number of more reasonably priced alternatives to kitchen aid.

Good luck :)
    Thanks but it's for a present and it's what she would want... If I could buy a kitchen Aid sticker I'd be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭rightoldpickle

I bought one from Kohls in the states. I used usbuyersclub to have it delivered. In total the whole thing including a volt converter cost about €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 UneJolieFemme

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer (please don't bother replying saying they're overpriced etc.; it's a present)

I checked north and £395 seems the cheapest, south about €570.

I don't think anywhere does 'great' deals on them but some places might have a 20% discount, pigsback or other discount sites might have a deal.

Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Brown Thomas stores sell it for €575. Not a bargain but if you buy one until 11/05/14 they will give you a pasta roller and cutter set which is worth about €120 for free. The pasta roller is great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Brown Thomas seem to be best deal (unusual) Amazon have it at £580 - £775 except for a second hand one and one from a pawn shop that says its brand new.

I'd go for the BT one and keep the pasta roller and cutter myself :)

as for thinking of going with another brand - don't mess with a bride and her dreams! It may not get used much, but it will decorate her kitchen for the next 50 years! (not many wedding gifts are looked at every day!)

edit - currys have them for 499 at moment http://www.currys.ie/category/Blenders--Mixers/5.9.0?gclid=CPrX9u3RgL4CFYV82wodvX4AvQ&ef_id=UkMnyAAAAIB-uktK:20140427121244:s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The missus persuaded me to get one of these for her at the weekend. Walked into debenhams and they have the raspberry one she wanted marked down by 20% due to a small smudge of the Kitchenaid logo on the silver band so reduced to €392. Debenhams also did a triple points deal on monday (you already get 3 pts per euro) which didn't work on our purchase so went down to the information desk and got triple points added to card aswell as the points received on purchase. 4744pts = €47.44 cashback to spend in debenhams - Result!

Advertisement