Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Boards Mock Draft Interest List

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Blured wrote: »
    very interesting spot to pick, but felt the Lions secondary really needed an upgrade.
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    Gilbert great pick for the Lions too, they always seem to need help at corner, like my Bolts.
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    I can def see the Lions going yo improve their secondary. I wonder would Ha-Ha Clinton Dix be considered?

Lads, I'd be shocked if the Lions went secondary with their first pick. They got a lot of young developing corners on the roster that are expected to really break out next year, under a new defensive scheme designed to not to leave them high & dry like it did under the Jim Schwarz model, which was mainly ineffective soft zone coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rams pick at #13 made and UnitedIrishman PM'd re: the next pick.

Very happy to get Clinton-Dix with this pick. If I had to pick one position that the Rams need the most help at in the draft I'd pick safety and Clinton-Dix is, IMO, the best prospect at the position due to his superior coverage skills over Pryor.

A versatile, playmaking safety with great closing speed. They'll be playing a lot of press man this year which suits Clinton-Dix. I think he's just a great fit for the Rams overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Goddamn you Paully, was gonna select Clinton-Dix just after you!

All the same, happy enough to go with Donald in that spot. Last year my first round pick was Sheldon Richardson so Donald must be destined for great things! :pac: Was tempted to go with Calvin Pryor because was close between Haha and him for the place too.

PM'ed madalig12 for the Steelers pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ok, I'll be as quick as I can considering the three players on my list have all just been selected!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Love the Donald pick by the Bears. Really think he is going to be a stud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Pick made, will fix the images when I get on a pc. Pm sent to red crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

PM'd empacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bears would super happy to get Aaron Donald, great pick

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Pick made & PM sent.

Beckham was 4th choice on my list. It was always a stretch to think any of Evans. Dennard or Gilbert would fall to 18 but it is still a real life hope!

Honestly think Beckham is a stretch at 18. I see him more of a late first early second, however, considering the Jets needs, unless there is a top corner available at this stage, then he has to be picked.

In Exile wrote: »
    Pick made & PM sent.

Beckham was 4th choice on my list. It was always a stretch to think any of Evans. Dennard or Gilbert would fall to 18 but it is still a real life hope!

Honestly think Beckham is a stretch at 18. I see him more of a late first early second, however, considering the Jets needs, unless there is a top corner available at this stage, then he has to be picked.

I don't think he's a stretch at all at #18. If he was a little taller he'd end up going much higher and I wouldn't be surprised if he went earlier in the real draft.

Nice pick mate. The Jets would be delighted to get him I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't think he's a stretch at all at #18. If he was a little taller he'd end up going much higher and I wouldn't be surprised if he went earlier in the real draft.

Nice pick mate. The Jets would be delighted to get him I'm sure.

Calling it a stretch may have been the wrong word to use considering it is where he is going to go. Probably has more to do with the fact that the Jets were originally tipped to pick up Evans but now his stock has flown up the board.

From what I've seen on a few places re the Jets, they are looking at Kelvin Benjamin too, who is 6'5" and 240 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

In Exile wrote: »
    Calling it a stretch may have been the wrong word to use considering it is where he is going to go. Probably has more to do with the fact that the Jets were originally tipped to pick up Evans but now his stock has flown up the board.

From what I've seen on a few places re the Jets, they are looking at Kelvin Benjamin too, who is 6'5" and 240 pounds.

I think they're better off picking up someone like OBJ or Brandin Cooks, They've got Decker so now they need someone with speed that can open up the field. please god they stay away form Benjamin, i really dont understand the hype around him, one Stephen Hill is enough to have on the team!!

phatkev wrote: »
    I think they're better off picking up someone like OBJ or Brandin Cooks, They've got Decker so now they need someone with speed that can open up the field. please god they stay away form Benjamin, i really dont understand the hype around him, one Stephen Hill is enough to have on the team!!

Not a fan of Benjamin myself. He's a physical specimen but he drops so many easy catches.

phatkev wrote: »

You beat me to it. I was going to edit my post and add why would we sign him with Stephen Hill already on the roster!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Round 1:
    Pick | Player | Pos | Team |College
    1|Blake Bortles|QB|Houston Texans|UCF
    2|Greg Robinson|OT|St. Louis Rams|Auburn
    3|Jadeveon Clowney|DE|Jacksonville Jaguars|South Carolina
    4|Johnny Manziel|QB|Cleveland Browns|Texas A&M
    5|Mike Evans|WR|Oakland Raiders|Texas A&M
    6|Khalil Mack|LB|Atlanta Falcons|Buffalo
    7|Sammy Watkins|WR|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|Clemson
    8|Teddy Bridgewater|QB|Minnesota Vikings|Louisville
    9|Jake Matthews|OT|Buffalo Bills|Texas A&M
    10|Justin Gilbert|CB|Detroit Lions|Oklahoma State
    11|Anthony Barr|LB|Tennessee Titans|UCLA
    12|Darqueze Dennard|CB|New York Giants|Michigan State
    13|Ha Ha Clinton-Dix|S|St Louis Rams|Alabama
    14|Aaron Donald|DT|Chicago Bears|Pittsburgh
    15|Eric Ebron|TE|Pittsburgh Steelers|North Carolina
    16|Timmy Jernigan|DT|Dallas Cowboys|Florida State
    17|CJ Mosley|LB|Baltimore Ravens|Alabama
    18|Odell Beckham Jr|WR|New York Jets|LSU
    19|Zack Martin|OT|Miami Dolphins|Notre Dame

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Really going well this year in comparison to last years draft. Favourite picks so far are Donald & Ebron.

Seems his off field issues have put people off Taylor Lewan. At least 4 teams having passed on him. How much further will he fall. Surely the Panthers will have to pull the trigger or is their WR need too great........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Donald is an absolute belter of a pick. He's by far the best DT in the draft. I took Jernigan as the Cowboys aren't in a position to wait around for a decent DT but it's a reach. If Donald skips by Minnesota then I can see Jerry calling the Rams for that pick. Can't see Ebron falling that far either so that was a great pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sorry about the hold-up guys, I was working all day. Pick made, pm sent to franglan.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Thats weird. Looking 2 posts above this, it says Red Crow has closed his account.

Looks like somebody is going to have to step in & make his pick in the 2nd round for the Ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Damn it, Nix gone. I would have liked him for SD at #25. Some v good corners still on the board eg. Fuller and Verrett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Lads I tried PMing Mikemac but he doesn't allow it so we may have to sit and wait...

I get pm's all the time. I wouldn't even know how to block pms and also there is loads of room in the mailbox so it's not a storage issue

Anyway, will have the Chiefs pick up shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd hazard a guess he tried to PM your old account mikemac rather than mikemac1? Just a theory... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

I'd hazard a guess he tried to PM your old account mikemac rather than mikemac1? Just a theory... :)

This is correct...

Dohnny Jepp and the Bengals have been pm'ed

Damn Lewan gone now too... was hoping he might sneak to #25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Damn Lewan gone now too... was hoping he might sneak to #25.

I was hoping to nab him now at 24. Will be making the pick shortly!

I was hoping to nab him now at 24. Will be making the pick shortly!

Roby is a decent pick though, thats about where he will go alright. He is visiting SD next week who are at pick #25.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Round 1:
    Pick | Player | Pos | Team |College
    1|Blake Bortles|QB|Houston Texans|UCF
    2|Greg Robinson|OT|St. Louis Rams|Auburn
    3|Jadeveon Clowney|DE|Jacksonville Jaguars|South Carolina
    4|Johnny Manziel|QB|Cleveland Browns|Texas A&M
    5|Mike Evans|WR|Oakland Raiders|Texas A&M
    6|Khalil Mack|LB|Atlanta Falcons|Buffalo
    7|Sammy Watkins|WR|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|Clemson
    8|Teddy Bridgewater|QB|Minnesota Vikings|Louisville
    9|Jake Matthews|OT|Buffalo Bills|Texas A&M
    10|Justin Gilbert|CB|Detroit Lions|Oklahoma State
    11|Anthony Barr|LB|Tennessee Titans|UCLA
    12|Darqueze Dennard|CB|New York Giants|Michigan State
    13|Ha Ha Clinton-Dix|S|St Louis Rams|Alabama
    14|Aaron Donald|DT|Chicago Bears|Pittsburgh
    15|Eric Ebron|TE|Pittsburgh Steelers|North Carolina
    16|Timmy Jernigan|DT|Dallas Cowboys|Florida State
    17|CJ Mosley|LB|Baltimore Ravens|Alabama
    18|Odell Beckham Jr|WR|New York Jets|LSU
    19|Zack Martin|OT|Miami Dolphins|Notre Dame
    20|Calvin Pryor|S|Arizona Cardinals|Louisville
    21|Louis Nix|DT|Green Bay|Notre Dame
    22|Xavier Su’a-Filo|G|Philadelphia Eagles|UCLA
    23|Taylor Lewan|OT|Kansas City Chiefs|Michigan
    24|Bradly Roby|CB|Cincinnati Bengals |OSU|

• Advertisement

Great pick JaMarcus.... there is no doubt Fuller could well be a Charger in real life too.

Advertisement