Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Boards Mock Draft Interest List

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is this to start today lads???, itchy trigger finger here..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

So we are up & running. Please keep all the conversation of the picks in here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Right have my big board drawn up for the Vikings, so ready to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So we are up & running. Please keep all the conversation of the picks in here

Would it make sense to STICKY the actual thread, would it help, ie. instead of having to go look for it ?!

............and Leslie91 must have used his itcy trigger happy finger somewhere else :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I find I read stickies less often then other threads. It's not like the thread will every end up of the first page either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not off to a great start here.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Is there a complicated trade going on in the background or something???

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not off to a great start here.
    Is there a complicated trade going on in the background or something???

With an itchy trigger finger like this it's a good thing leslie91 wasn't around in the Wild West!!

Sorry lads....... pick is in. Had family trouble last night!!! will get some reasoning in ASAP.

Oh and PM sent to Innish Rebel.

Clowney dropping to 3. Can you imagine the trade offers the Jags are receiving IRL if this happens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Clowney dropping to 3. Can you imagine the trade offers the Jags are receiving IRL if this happens?

I know in reality I don't see Rams picking @ 2 I think they have such a strong pick with the RGIII trade that they will look to trade down and if Clowney is there @ 2 they will have loads of suitors...

also from an offensive point of view Sammy Watkins was so tempting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

That Bortles pick throws the cat amongst the turkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The Jags are obviously going to take Clowney but let's say Gus Bradley loves Bridgewater or Manziel and decides that they aren't going to be around in the second round; If you're the Cowboys are you looking to trade up to get Clowney? Maybe if the Browns pass on him too and take Greg Robinson or maybe Bridgewater? The Raiders are an ideal candidate to trade down. Considering the state of the Cowboys DLine do you go get a Clowney or do you wait around until Clowney goes and maybe then trade up for less value for an Aaron Donald or wait and hope that Aaron Donald falls to you at 16?

For me the cowboys are going to have to fix that DL or else Tony Romo is going to be still involved in shoot outs. I think the have to go DE/DT in the first two rounds.

Also I like the Bortles pick because they have to take one of the top 3 otherwise they will be left with a Derek Carr or AJ McCarron and with the Browns sitting deeper in the draft @ 26 you have to take these guys when you have a chance.

I can see 5 QB's going in the first round: Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, McCarron. McCarron going to maybe a team trading back up to the first.

Red Crow wrote: »
    The Jags are obviously going to take Clowney but let's say Gus Bradley loves Bridgewater or Manziel and decides that they aren't going to be around in the second round; If you're the Cowboys are you looking to trade up to get Clowney? Maybe if the Browns pass on him too and take Greg Robinson or maybe Bridgewater? The Raiders are an ideal candidate to trade down. Considering the state of the Cowboys DLine do you go get a Clowney or do you wait around until Clowney goes and maybe then trade up for less value for an Aaron Donald or wait and hope that Aaron Donald falls to you at 16?

For me the cowboys are going to have to fix that DL or else Tony Romo is going to be still involved in shoot outs. I think the have to go DE/DT in the first two rounds.

Also I like the Bortles pick because they have to take one of the top 3 otherwise they will be left with a Derek Carr or AJ McCarron and with the Browns sitting deeper in the draft @ 26 you have to take these guys when you have a chance.

I can see 5 QB's going in the first round: Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, McCarron. McCarron going to maybe a team trading back up to the first.

Did you mean someone else?, Robinson has gone to the Rams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I will change my username to TheClevelandBrowns if 5 QBs are taken in the first round !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Lads I am in the process of moving house I will try get my pick done tomorrow late Irish time or Thursday.

TO. wrote: »
    Lads I am in the process of moving house I will try get my pick done tomorrow late Irish time or Thursday.

That's perfect, you can always PM me options if you want. Still waiting on the Jags pick anyway

I will change my username to TheClevelandBrowns if 5 QBs are taken in the first round !!!

Not saying they deserve to be taken but I think 5 will go this year. The last with someone trading back up.

I will change my username to SexyRexysJets if 5 QBs are taken in the first round !!!

Please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think they'd have to ignore Clowney and take Bridgewater in that situation. You can have all the pass rushing you want but without a QB there's no hope and Bridgewater falling to the Jaguars would be dreamland if I'm them.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »

3 down, loads to go, now it's your turn ;)

I must admit I hadn't planned on Clowney being available to me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

either way youd have to change it in a year :D

3 down, loads to go, now it's your turn ;)

I must admit I hadn't planned on Clowney being available to me :o

If Jax have Clowney available at #3 I reckon they have to trade out and stay highish to get the QB they desperately need.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    If Jax have Clowney available at #3 I reckon they have to trade out and stay highish to get the QB they desperately need.

I had Bortles on my mind as my pick

Love the Manziel pick, TO!

Having a hard time figuring out which team will benefit from having a franchise QB more, Cleveland or Houston. Both (appear to) have almost everything in place except for a QB as the missing piece of the puzzle. Guess you have to give the advantage to Houston as they have a more stable setup off-the-field. But it's really weird being optimistic about Cleveland's chances for once! If they draft Manziel, they're my new second favourite team.

Brown's didn't even go to Manziel's Pro Day. Unfortunately for their fans they're always going to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I'm still not 100% convinced on Manziel making it as a top NFL QB.

I can't even explain why, there's just this nagging voice that he'll be a bust. I hope not because of how talented he is but I can't get past it.

As for pick 5. If you are the Raiders and Bridgewater has dropped down as far as that. What do you do? Take him to compete with Schaub? Take him and groom him for a year? Trade down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In Exile wrote: »
    I'm still not 100% convinced on Manziel making it as a top NFL QB.

I can't even explain why, there's just this nagging voice that he'll be a bust. I hope not because of how talented he is but I can't get past it.

As for pick 5. If you are the Raiders and Bridgewater has dropped down as far as that. What do you do? Take him to compete with Schaub? Take him and groom him for a year? Trade down?

Take Sammy Watkins perhaps? Gives them a very good O then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Brown's didn't even go to Manziel's Pro Day. Unfortunately for their fans they're always going to suck.

Be another reason why an organisation like the Browns would bite on Manziel. Don't attend his pro day and still draft him. But having said that there have been more than a few players in fact lots of players end up at teams who couldn't be arsed attending his pro day.

• Advertisement

They didn't attend Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr or Clowney's pro days either. If they're really interested in a guy, they'll run their own private workout with him. They don't care for pro days in Cleveland, and they have a point too.

Advertisement