Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Boards Mock Draft Interest List

Options
  • 26-02-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭

So who is interested in being involved in this years Boards mock draft.

If you have not done it before have a look at last years draft

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056913178

PaullyD & Mikemac1 are going to help maintain the draft by stepping in if no pick made within 24hrs. I'll go through it in a bit more detail once we have 32 people signed up.

We have done 2 rounds the last couple of years but I will once again open it up to a vote.

The process is the same as last year where you are assigned a draft slot so you may end up picking for a different team in each round.

The draft is not until May this year so not 100% certain on the start date yet. Would like to prob delay the start until Texas A&M & Louisville have had their pro days so we can settle on Manziel & Bridgewaters stock.

So who is interested?

How many rounds in the Mock draft? 33 votes

0% 0 votes
    45% 15 votes
    51% 17 votes
    3% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seven rounds please. :D

I voted for three. I think that's realistic and would see a good bit of depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In!

3 rounds is achievable so voted for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

In and 3 rounds, if things are kept snappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I will jump on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

i'd be interested in having a go at this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

count me in too. 3 rounds would nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'd be up for this. Voted for 3, but 2 would be good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

In please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm in again :) I'd love three but realistically I think I'd rather two rounds which are properly done though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

In!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

In again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

In!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'll give it a go, my first draft !
    /must remember to stay tuned.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im in. voted for 2 rounds, keeps it snappy. Could be pushed for 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Count me in - enjoyed participating the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'd like to do it again. Voted 3 rounds. Round 1 and 2 nearly pick themselves. Round 3 is when we would see people make interesting picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Count me in again for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm in.... 2 rounds is plenty imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Count me in to - 1st timer so I'll try not to make to much of a mess of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In. And 2 rounds. Just looking at previous mock drafts

2011 - and it took 1 month to get two rounds finished. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056219544
    2012 - Again took a month for 2 rounds. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587670
    2013 - Took a month for 2 rounds and then it seems round 3 was just abandoned after two picks in round 3. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056913178&page=2

I think people are really over-estimating how many people will actually be arsed doing this properly once it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I suppose if we map out a time for each player to make the pick.

For Example:
    Pick 1: March 10th 8:00 pm
    Pick 2: March 10th 9:00 pm
    Pick 3: March 10th 10:00 pm

I don't know what would work in terms of a time between each pick. If you cannot make the pick at that time, trade out with someone or have a draftboard of 4/5 players who you expect to be available ready, and PM it to one of the commisioners so they can input the pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

2013 - Took a month for 2 rounds and then it seems round 3 was just abandoned after two picks in round 3.

If I remember correctly, we only went into round 3 to make the first 32 picks, there was only 30 picks in round 2 in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Blured wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, we only went into round 3 to make the first 32 picks, there was only 30 picks in round 2 in 2013

Thats correct. Bountygate & Josh Gordon had removed 2 picks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Thats correct. Bountygate & Josh Gordon had removed 2 picks

In

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I suppose if we map out a time for each player to make the pick.

For Example:
    Pick 1: March 10th 8:00 pm
    Pick 2: March 10th 9:00 pm
    Pick 3: March 10th 10:00 pm

I do
    n't know what would work in terms of a time between each pick. If you cannot make the pick at that time, trade out with someone or have a draftboard of 4/5 players who you expect to be available ready, and PM it to one of the commisioners so they can input the pick?

We will be allowing a max of 24hrs between picks. There will be days where 3 or 4 picks probably submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Is an hour too long between each pick, why not make it 10 minutes ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is an hour too long between each pick, why not make it 10 minutes ?!

Pretty much no chance we can get 32 people online with-in ten minutes. For the fantasty drafts it even nearly impossible to get everyone online and they are about half the size. Even an hour is being very unrealistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Definitely be up for this if there is room. two rounds would probably be the best number to go with with time constraints for everyone

Advertisement