Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Ford Mondeo Injectors..HELP

• 29-01-2014 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Bought A Car Today Man Said I Need To Get New Injectors Id Know Small Bit About Cars He Brought Car To Injector Garage They Said Its Needs Them I Think There Scaming They Said 800 But Car Drives Perfect No Lights On Dash Or Anything Real Smooth But I Drove Down The Road And Was Driven Fine And It Cut Out But Started Again Straight Away Is It Possible Its Just Sensor Like If It Was Injectors Car Wouldn't Run As Smooth And Mighting Even Drive I Heared Theres A Sensor On Top Of Injector Is This The Problem Or What Thanks Car Is 02 Mondeo Tdi.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

<midlands mod>

Thread moved to Motors forum from Longford forum.

OP: please don't Capitalise Every Word, it makes your post difficult to read.

</midlands mod>

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

if your car is is a tdi it wont give injector problems if its a tdci it most defintiley will, did you get any fault codes from th car?if the car is a tdci and cuts out when overtaking or when a load is put on the car and the glow plug light comes on very strong chance it is the injectors. normally tdci injectors when they are on there way out , you can hear then chirping when the engine is running .also the engine will be idleing roughty.
    if you car is a tdi do not jump in to a set of injectors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

If it's the 1.8 TDCI the injectors should not give any trouble. Doesn't mean they won't, but usually they're grand. (Driven 4 Fords with the 1.8 TDCI engine and put hundreds of thousands of km on each of them, never a problem).
    The main problem I had was clogged fuel filter, causing the car to bog down when accelerating and a dodgy fuel line, causing the car to cut out randomly.
    As above, if it's the TD (TDI is VW), it's very unlikely to go wrong, unless it has intergalactic mileage and/or had dog's abuse and sh*te fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No 1.8 diesel available in the Mondeo back in 2002.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bazz26 wrote: »
    No 1.8 diesel available in the Mondeo back in 2002.

Ah, the 2.0. Forget anything I said then...
    (engine swap maybe?):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement