Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warranty Question

• 28-01-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭

I have an opel under warranty but its general question

Can you service/repair your car in any SIMI garage using original manufacturer part and still keep the warranty in tact?? Or do I HAVE to keep taking it back to the Opel Garage??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You should be able to take it to any garage you like as long as they use genuine parts as per the manufacturer's specification. Just make sure you get a detailed list of parts used on the invoice. To be certain though you really need to consult the warranty small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

For the standard warranty you'll be fine. However you will need to keep meticulous records as if in the future your car develops a problem the warranty people will need to be sure the right fluids and parts were used during servicing.

By going to main dealer all the time, you get a slightly better chance of getting goodwill coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Even though by law, any garage can carry out the service work and your warranty stays intact, I'm of the opinion that is worthwhile going to the dealer for service items during warranty period.
    Firstly, they then cannot weasel out of repair works using improper maintenance as an excuse.
    Secondly, If an expensive repair crops up just out of warranty (as they tend to), you can forget about any help if service had been done elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mickdw wrote: »
    Even though by law, any garage can carry out the service work and your warranty stays intact, I'm of the opinion that is worthwhile going to the dealer for service items during warranty period.
    Firstly, they then cannot weasel out of repair works using improper maintenance as an excuse.
    Secondly, If an expensive repair crops up just out of warranty (as they tend to), you can forget about any help if service had been done elsewhere.

Thirdly, you'll also get software updates / "product improvements" that are released to the dealer network.

Advertisement