Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

LH2013 wrote: »
    Thanks 15 or 16 weeks .... Jebus ;) I am so not looking forward to full on morning sickness !! My mam had very severe ms so I hope I am not taking after her ha ha

You might not be as bad as that. My lo is only 15 months and thats the experience i had with her. From about 5 weeks until 15 or 16. From then on i had heart burn all the time. Seriously bottle of gaviscon in the hand bag. My mother used to be mortified , i was shopping with her one day and it got really bad i took out the bottle out and just took a swig out of it. Used to do it in work too. This time its totally different sickness isnt half as had.
    Its all worth it though. Even though i was so sick first time. Im still here again willing to do it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

moominn wrote: »
    At the minute the only thing that helps is sucking a hardboiled sweet:rolleyes: Not enjoying this aspect one bit!

Me either but there is not much we can do about it now ;) I am hoping this passes soon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

LH2013 wrote: »
    Me either but there is not much we can do about it now ;) I am hoping this passes soon :rolleyes:

I was really nauseous but got through it by sipping ice cold sparkling water.
    It really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I found salt and vinegar taytos good. Especially when eating is difficult. It was a nurse who recommended it to me last time round when I was very sick.

If smells bother you you can get a spray in some health food shops that you spray on your wrist so if something's threatening to overwhelm you just bring your wrist up to your nose and it can help.

Fizzy drinks can be easier to keep down than water: and the sugar can help if your not eating too much!

Some people swear by ginger and thosr travel sickness bands but personally can't stand ginger and find travel sickness bands useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

So far my nausea hasn't been too bad. I find taking deep breaths helps a little. It seems to creep up on me most when I've overexerted myself or am feeling very hot!

I had my doc appointment today, so the ball is officially rolling. Have to send off my GP referral letter to the hospital but apparently I won't get an appointment until I'm 18-20 weeks. Think I may have to organise a private scan before then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Its a shocking long time to wait for a scan isnt it? If you can afford it Id defo get a private scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hey all just wanted to pop in to say best of luck for the next 9 months but as for mornin sickness it's awful I was in the April board this year. They say if biscuits help its a girl and salty Taytos it's a boy. Taytos helped me and biscuits helped my best friend I had boy she had a girl so be interesting to see if it's true or just a fluke..

Ginger ale helped me for a time but body got used to that too and stopped working and mints really helped when I was cooking certain things that made me feel sick.

If anyone wants to know anything I'm open to helping in any way I can I know when I was feeling off I found people to talk to that understood was really helpful

Again best of luck

I never heard of the crisp thing before. Good to know and a guilt-free treat! lol

Yep, Moominn, I'll have a chat with the other half tonight, but I think a private scan will be a definite. We'll probably wait until I'm 12 weeks or so......

I had a girl after eating my weight in s&v taytos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

18-20 weeks? 5 months into the pregnancy, I'd be a wreck. What hospital is that?

Today my nosebleeds have started. Had them the entire length of my first pregnancy. Blood running down my face at random times in the day. Nice. It's a fecking dead giveaway as well. At least two more people at work have said "Didn't you get a lot of nosebleeds when you were pregnant?"

Totally busted.

• Advertisement

Oh no, Pwurple. That's so annoying. You must be on edge most of the time?

I'm attending OLOL in Drogheda. The doc gave me that indication.... maybe the hospital will say different, although he seemed to know what he was talking about.

I rang them earlier and they just said to post my referral letter in and they'd get back to me, but it would be a few weeks because they're so busy.....

Kerry is 20-22 weeks depending on your consultant for your booking appointment too.

Because I'm in high risk clinic that's been brought forward to 11 weeks thank god I think 20 weeks is ridiculous. I got the appt in the post today so I'm under same consultant as last time too.

Oh no pwurple. I got them first time too. No sign yet . Thankfully. Actually never heard bout d s&v crisps. Might try if needed but so far it only comes in waves when im hungry or get a smell. I went in to the toilet inwork today just aftwr someone sprayed what smelt like a whole bottle of deo. Serious dose of the gags but was grand when i come out and got a drink. Someone say me and eyes were watering from retching and she asked was ok. Blamed it on the hayfever. Which is also killing me since i cant take anything
    Also done my back again . Was in the park with lo and was helping her climb up to go down the slide and ugh. Was actually stuck bent over for a sec.
    Then she wanted me to pick her up when i was home so i bent down and gave her hug but she would give in until i picked her up to have a cuddle . I feel bad for her as suddenly mammy wont pick her up.
    On the funny side every time i bend down i grunt and was pealing the potatoes a few mins ago and she always picks up the skins that miss the bin and every time she bent down she grunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Oh no, Pwurple. That's so annoying. You must be on edge most of the time?

I'm attending OLOL in Drogheda. The doc gave me that indication.... maybe the hospital will say different, although he seemed to know what he was talking about.

I rang them earlier and they just said to post my referral letter in and they'd get back to me, but it would be a few weeks because they're so busy.....

Hi, just popping over from Sept thread. I am attending OLOL too. 4 weeks after my referral letter was sent I still had not heard anything so I rang them and they gave me an apt straight away on the phone, they said they were behind because they were so busy (I was 10 wks when I rang and had my first apt at 12 wks) just something to bear in mind. All the best :)

Im going to Limerick and my Doc said I should have first scan about 12 weeks ! The mint trick is doing well today ;) I may try the taytos :) So wrecked !!

Thanks for that McBubbles. I'll deffo ring if I don't hear anything in a few weeks. Good to hear your first appointment was 12 weeks. Did they scan then or what did the appointment entail?
    Suucee, I'm.also having issues with my back & my hips. Wonder if it's my pelvis moving.
    6 weeks today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Thanks for that McBubbles. I'll deffo ring if I don't hear anything in a few weeks. Good to hear your first appointment was 12 weeks. Did they scan then or what did the appointment entail?
    Suucee, I'm.also having issues with my back & my hips. Wonder if it's my pelvis moving.
    6 weeks today! :D

Yeah, was scanned at my first apt, I think that is standard there. First apt is very long, about 3 hours so be prepared. A lot of waiting around. They do blood tests at booking apt also.

Ah, good to know. Thanks so much for the info, McBubbles.

I'll hang on booking a private scan until I hear what date my booking appointment is.

Had myself a grand afternoon nap. Lo didnt have a great nap in her nannys this mornung while i was in work so decided to chance an afternoon nap. She nodded off an so did i. Dog barking woke me an hour later thankfully as if she slept any more it will prob affect her sleep tonight.
    MS got worse today. I need to try eating more but i dont know what i fancy. Plus i cant eat in work only on my break.

Mmm the sickness is killing me here too: all food smells revolting to me, I find the sickness so, so difficult. And trying to cook food for my little girl is like a form of torture. I'm just so grateful it's not as bad as last time I feel bad even saying I feel sick. Just ugh. I'm terrified of ending up in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm lucky in the sense I'm not actually getting sick... But the nausea I have is horrible! Spending this week with my mum in the country. Absolute godsend. Shes just taking that little bit of pressure off. She gave my LO his breakfast this morning so I got an extra hour in bed! LO slept for a whole 2 hours yesterday afternoon so I got a good nap aswell... Soooo relieved. The exhaustion is really killing me. A lot More so than the nausea. I'd say I've put on about half a stone the past 2 weeks from all the food I'm eating.... I'm gonna be mawhoosive if this continues..... Hopefully only a few more weeks left of this... Then it's on to te glowing skin and lovely thick manes of hair phase girls!!! X

Couldn't get to sleep last night till 2am so started posting ridiculous comments on boards to try put me to sleep! So tired now :-(. Anyone's moods been up and down lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No moods, but I can feel my ligaments loosening. Any stretching at all and I'm bordering on pulling muscles. Feels like my skeleton is barely tied together. This didn't happen til WAY later the last time.

I phone the hospital yesterday to get the date of my 12 week scan, to be told they had nothing down for me in the main hospital at all, and I was to attend the early preg unit again on Friday. Bit weird, as the EPU said my next appointment would be in 4 weeks in the main hosp.

Anyway, I have to attend in order to 'get into the system'... what ever that means. It's another scan though, so woohoo to that. They must have gotten my address mixed up as well, as I've yet to get a single letter for anything, even though this is my second appointment.

My moods have been up and down alright..... swinging from stressing myself out for very little reason, to feeling very happy and content with the pregnancy.

I'm absolutely starving the past two days too. I'm getting about an hour and half after breakfast before I'm starving again, and then last night, dinner didn't fill me at all, and it certainly wasn't small!!!

I'm not having any major issues with nausea - it comes and goes, but hasn't been anything I can't handle yet.

Pwurple, that's strange about the hospital wanting you back in again so soon. But Yay to another scan!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Anybody having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep?, I usually sleep like the dead so this is defo pregnancy related, it has me soooooooooo exhausted:mad:

Im sooooo tired. No problems getting asleep and waking twice a night for the loo but back asleep in no time. Gettin 8 to 9 hours a night and still wrecked. . Thank god its a bank holiday weekend but ive a christening sunday.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Couldn't get to sleep last night till 2am so started posting ridiculous comments on boards to try put me to sleep! So tired now :-(. Anyone's moods been up and down lately?

My moods are crazy !!!! Like a crazy demon one minute and happy out the next ! The nausea is ick but no throwing up which I cant complain about ! 6 weeks tomorrow :)

Im a bit up and down... but knowing me it'll only get worse. Hubby is so good... Im surprised he didn't divorce last time! (Prob coz we weren't married the last time!) :D

Have to say im not too moody. YET . Brought my mum out for dinner for her bday and when i dropped her home i came home to OH cousin who spelt like cow dung .hes a farmer and popped in for cup of tea n talk crap about cars as he was passing.
    Ugh i had to run the smell of him. I actually started retching when i walked in. Had to try and slowly sip a bit of water to stop me leaving half my dinner in the toilet.
    God the smells are really getting to me. Today in work was the same.
    And god i cant even sneeze without my back hurting me. I know im making it worse picking up my daughter but i cant not pick her up when she comes running to me for a big cuddle after work.

• Advertisement

Suucee wrote: »
    came home to OH cousin who spelt like cow dung .hes a farmer and popped in for cup of tea n talk crap about cars as he was passing.
    Ugh i had to run the smell of him. I actually started retching when i walked in. Had to try and slowly sip a bit of water to stop me leaving half my dinner in the toilet.

soooo funny!

Advertisement