Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

• 09-07-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

So glad to be starting this thread. I know its early days still but so excited.
    Working out my EDD as 15 of march based on period but as I was using OPKs I know I ovulated late so more like 22nd.
    Will see what the docs say when we get that far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi Suucee (again!!! :-))... EDD March 17th...Paddys Day! Yay! Just waiting for the morning sickness... Will prob arrive in about 2 weeks! Mind you I wasn't so sick with number 1.... Just nauseous so was eating all round me to quell it. Looking forward to first scan in a couple months. But just enjoying the feeling knowing I'm pregnant :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Wooot! Congrats girls.
    We got our positive test. Yay!

Last period puts date at March 5th, but cycles are 35-40 days, so it's more likely to be the 13th - 19th from a scan I'd guess.

GP has requested an early scan due to the last miscarriage. Hope to get first scan at 8 weeks. Nervous as a bag of cats about another mc, but all fingers and toes crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats pwurple. Fingers crossed for you.
    Im feeling a bit nauseous this morning . We had a busy weekend with a 40th party sat and 2nd birthday party yesterday so im not sure if its tiredness and stress about some new systems coming into work this morning.
    Hoping its not morning sickness . Had it bad last time and it started early with her. Was hoping id get away a little lighter this time. Maybe its the new systems in work. Im sure when i go in and get going ill be grand. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MamaK

Hi ladies, I am seriously chuffed to be joining this forum as my EDD is March 15th also! Can't tell anyone until after the twelve week mark as we had two miscarriages before we finally got to meet our little guy who is now almost 18 months old! really scared of it happening again but trying to stay positive ;)

Congrats to all here!

Congrats mamaK. Fingers also crossed for u.

• Advertisement

Hava a day off work today so decided to go to my gp to get the ball rolling.
    Ive recently changed gp so wasnt with this one for last pregnancy.
    He decided to do an early scan. He was dating me at 6 weeks with EDD of 14 march. But nothing was showing on the scan . Not a thing. Even before he started i thought it was a bit early but he said should be able to see the sac but wouldnt see heart beat but couldnt see anything. Done a urine pregnancy test which came up positive so he has reffered me to EPU fri morning. He said not to worry (easier said than done ) that it might just be too small but needs to refer me incase its in my tubes.
    Feel so sick at the thoughts. Hoping it was just too early and all wil be ok fri. Wish it could have been today. Dont know how im going to wait .

Oh gosh, how scary Succee. What kind of scan did he do? Was it external ultrasound or the internal one with the wand?
    It's very hard to see anything at all with the external this early.

It was external, i was shocked when he said he was doing a scan and asked was it not a bit early he said we should be able to see the sac but couldnt see anything. I had also just gone to the loo not long before. In fri they will do internal so hoping to see something then or at least that its not in the wrong place.
    I had forgot to mention i was using OPKs and ovualted late so that might be the reason (i hope) ill make sure to say it on fri in EPU, when i came out of gp i wanted to go back and tell him.
    I dont know what to tell work, i suppose i could try take fri off as holiday but its busy at the mo with other people on hols but im due to work saturday.

Suucee wrote: »
    It was external, i was shocked when he said he was doing a scan and asked was it not a bit early he said we should be able to see the sac but couldnt see anything. I had also just gone to the loo not long before. In fri they will do internal so hoping to see something then or at least that its not in the wrong place.
    I had forgot to mention i was using OPKs and ovualted late so that might be the reason (i hope) ill make sure to say it on fri in EPU, when i came out of gp i wanted to go back and tell him.
    I dont know what to tell work, i suppose i could try take fri off as holiday but its busy at the mo with other people on hols but im due to work saturday.

External without a full bladder this early.... really and truely there was not a chance of seeing anything. Talk about freaking you out. I'd be a wreck. The early unit have much better equipment.

So glad to read that pwurple. Been looking around online and found a few similar comments. Im still terrified they wont find anything in epu cause its too early tp be even looking.

• Advertisement

What an awful way to worry you.....it doesn't seem at all fair. I got a scan at eight weeks on my previous pregnancy as the cons said it wouldn't be possible to see much before that and he didn't want me worrying un-necessarily...I drank my weight in water to make sure the scan was as clear as possible. So hard to wait until Friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lena_lowe

Just started a thread called i think i am pregnant if i am i will be due on 22nd :)

Congrats Lena Lowe.

So headed over to the EPU today. The clinic starts at 9 and I was told to get there a little early as its done on a first come first serve. I arrived at 8.25 and I was 6th.
    So things started getting a move on they took details and blood then one of the head gyn came in and told us that they are having staffing issues and are going to have to close the EPU :eek: we were all shocked, what are we supposed to do wait all weekend but he then told us they would look after us but had to bring us down and register through A&E.
    So off we all march down 2 floors, A pack of very nervous women and there partners down to a busy A&E and had to check in there. Then called in 1 by 1 for Obs then called back in again for history. Once that was done we were all admitted and sent up 3 floors to the ante natal ward which has a small waiting room so some people ended up sitting on the corridor. I thought this was a bit insensitive as it is right beside the deliver ward so people were coming in and out about to give birth or coming out with there lovely newborns.
    We were then called one by one down for our scans back down 3 floors again. Scan went well. Sac is visible and in the right place but radiographer wouldn't say a whole tonne.
    So back up the 3 floors to wait 3 hours. Seeing some poor women crying and our group slowly dwindling. I was finally called in at 2.30 and told HCG levels around 3000. Sac is there in correct place and dating approx. 5-6 weeks but between period dates and ovulation date cant tell for sure.
    So have to go back next fri to repeat it all check hcg levels and get another scan which should be able to tell more.
    So all good news. Hopefully it wont be such a disaster next Friday.
    Hope everyone doing well.

That is great news Suucee...hope that put your mind at rest? What a crazy day though....and all that on the hottest day of the year...

Jeez Succee what an ordeal. Glad all is fine.

Why drag pregnant women into an a&e is beyond me.

Hi guys, just back from a weeks holidays... And the nausea started this morning... Only minimal but there nonetheless. Congratulations to all those who have recently got that positive test!!! Suucee, delighted your scan went well! It must have been very stressful for you. My first scan is going to be on August 7th. Can't wait! Wishing all ye mammies to be all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi ladies,

Jumping on this band wagon as just got confirmation yesterday that we are expecting :-) I am very excited, nervous, anxious and most of all dying to tell people. My EDD is 21st March and this will be my 1st baby. Congratulations to all of you.

Just got my scan appointment notice. Friday morning. Very nervous. Fingers and toes crossed.

pwurple wrote: »
    Just got my scan appointment notice. Friday morning. Very nervous. Fingers and toes crossed.

Goodluck for Friday Pwurple. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Hi ladies, I`m joining you, edd march 17th:)

• Advertisement

Congrats central and moominn.

Pwurple I hope all goes well for you Friday.

So I had to have a chat with employer today and tell them what happened last week, I ended up not going to work thurs or fri. Couldn't face it thurs when was so stressed and fri I had the EPU appointment.
    They were so nice about it and I felt so much better. They gave me this fri off no problem. I told them I would take it as a days holiday but they said no need.
    We had to tell family last week after the ordeal of the doc on wens and then having to EPU and plus had to leave our daughter with MIL over night thurs so could get to hospital early fri.
    The main thing I hate about telling them so so early is because now ive even longer to put up with the whole "don't lift that" "you shouldn't be doing that" you need to take it easy" "how are you feeling" comments .

Yes, I had to tell work as soon as I had the positive test. I often work in areas where there are tetrogenic chemicals about, so I have to avoid those straight away.

So, the doctor at work, the health and safety person and my manager all know, but our parents don't. Seems weird. Upside is I don't have to take holiday time for this scan though.

Hi Ladies,

I have had really bad pains for weeks and not sure what it is. I thought it was bad period pain but now I have gotten confirmation we are pregnant I am not sure what it is. I do suffer from PCOS so maybe it is a ruptured cyst? I am at the hospital for my first appointment this Friday so hopefully they can tell me more. The pain is bad and I have morning sickness so just feel really rotten :(. The sooner we reach the 12 week mark and I can tell people the better. Thankfully I am in an office on my own but I have to see people throughout the day, it is not making it easy.

Hi Central, ive been having pretty bad period like pain also for about 2 weeks (im 6wks gone), its rather frightening I know. As theres no bleeding though I have to assume its normal, the uterus stretching perhaps. Im going to the gp on fri to confirm and get the ball rolling, I intend to mention it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all! I'm due 25th March 2014!

I had my BFP on Monday morning and my partner and I are absolutely over the moon! I had a miscarriage in April, so am a little bit nervous of every little twinge, (I've been getting quite a lot of cramping, but I understand from lots of googling, that this is normall). All in all feeling more positive than I thought I would be getting pregnant again.

This will be our first.

We haven't told anyone yet, and I am finding it very hard to keep it to ourselves.

Posting on here anonymously for the moment......

Congrats to everyone due in March!

Thanks Moominn, I'm 6 weeks gone too so maybe it is just pregnancy? I was told I will probably have a scan on Friday (I have underlying health issues) so hopefully they can rule out ruptured cysts etc. Best of luck on Friday.

Best of luck with the scan Central, I hope you get it to put you mind at ease and that everything is perfect. I think I`ll get an early scan in a few weeks as Im totally paranoid and sick of being on knicker watch!

moominn wrote: »
    Best of luck with the scan Central, I hope you get it to put you mind at ease and that everything is perfect. I think I`ll get an early scan in a few weeks as Im totally paranoid and sick of being on knicker watch!

Knicker watch.... Hahaha. Very funny! Has to be one of the most hilarious things ive heard it termed. :-) I'm one of these aswell....

I had the pains first time round and was so worried for so long about it. And like moominn said i was on knicker watch too (had to steal it ha ). This time around have slight pains but not like first time (maybe because everything is already stretched) also only slightly nauseous, (first time i was unbelievable sick all the time)
    So fairly different pregnancy already. Mind you its still early days.

• Advertisement

I had pains in my side on first pregnancy also. I don't have the pains this time.

Main symptom at the moment is being ravenous ALL the time. And feeling like I have jet lag. I've my bag stuffed with crackers, oranges and apples to keep me away from the only other source of food at work... crisp vending machines. arg.

Advertisement