Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Bluestrike wrote: »
    This day next week...
    Out of interest, do your schools give you the day off after you get your results or keep you in like a full day
    I actually don't know? I just know I'm not going into school the next day regardless so xD I'd say your school won't be expecting TYs to come in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I actually don't know? I just know I'm not going into school the next day regardless so xD I'd say your school won't be expecting TYs to come in :)
    I have a half day every wed so yea :rolleyes: we get our results around 11am and we're allowed to go home after :D.
    Some schools keep you in when you get your results...:confused:
    In mine you just come in and collect it in the morning and then go home.
    Out of curiosity, I'm on a week's work experience just to get into the swing of things and stuff, is anyone else in a similar position?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Nope, just in school not doing much. In our school we do modules for 7 weeks and by the end of the year we will have done every subject they offer for leaving cert in our school so we just started them. Also, we have 7 classes of our foreign language a week and i have double French first thing on a Friday and then again for last class so that should be fun...
    On the 28th though, we have the first of 7 physical challenges and this one is a 116 km cycle from Dublin to Brittas. You only go if you want and there are stops every while where there is food and drink and then everyone waits for everyone else to catch up before we go again. Its done at a pretty slow, leisurely pace. Should be fun but pretty tiring :/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

This day next week...
    Out of interest, do your schools give you the day off after you get your results or keep you in like a full day

My school doesn't give us our results till 3 :mad: So I just have normal classes until then and we have to be in as normal the next day then :/

juniorcert wrote: »
    My school doesn't give us our results till 3 :mad: So I just have normal classes until then and we have to be in as normal the next day then :/

Wow I get the whole day off but I have school the next day though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Nope, just in school not doing much. In our school we do modules for 7 weeks and by the end of the year we will have done every subject they offer for leaving cert in our school so we just started them. Also, we have 7 classes of our foreign language a week and i have double French first thing on a Friday and then again for last class so that should be fun...
    On the 28th though, we have the first of 7 physical challenges and this one is a 116 km cycle from Dublin to Brittas. You only go if you want and there are stops every while where there is food and drink and then everyone waits for everyone else to catch up before we go again. Its done at a pretty slow, leisurely pace. Should be fun but pretty tiring :/

I wish my school did this ...

Ye it sounds pretty good, they have done a thing called "Hell and Back" the last 2 years and i presume we will do it too as another challenge. Its like an obstacle/adventure course through the mud and its really tiring apparently, also there is a tunnel you have to go through that gives you static electric shocks
    Also JuniorCert, bet you wish you hadn't called yourself that

Ye it sounds pretty good, they have done a thing called "Hell and Back" the last 2 years and i presume we will do it too as another challenge. Its like an obstacle/adventure course through the mud and its really tiring apparently, also there is a tunnel you have to go through that gives you static electric shocks
    Also JuniorCert, bet you wish you hadn't called yourself that

Hahaha just two minutes ago before I saw this, I was just thinking how bad the name was :L Originally I made this account like the day before my english pre and I needed help with my studied novel so I just gave myself the first name that I could think of :L But ya I regret it now :o

Hahaha just two minutes ago before I saw this, I was just thinking how bad the name was :L Originally I made this account like the day before my english pre and I needed help with my studied novel so I just gave myself the first name that I could think of :L But ya I regret it now :o
    Delete this account and make a new one? :p Make sure you tell a Mod as it's against Boards.ie Rules to have two active accounts.

Delete this account and make a new one? :p Make sure you tell a Mod as it's against Boards.ie Rules to have two active accounts.

I might do that, if I think of an actual better name this time :)

• Advertisement

We got told we're not getting ours until 3 on Wednesday either :mad: Our school usually gives them out at 11 and let's the whole school have a half day! Everyone in fourth year is annoyed about it! It's not as if we're gonna be focusing on our classes on Wednesday anyways? Schools. -.-

We get them at 11:40 (start of a period) and then we can leave at 12:20 (end of that period)

We get them at 11:40 (start of a period) and then we can leave at 12:20 (end of that period)
    You are so lucky :o

We got told we're not getting ours until 3 on Wednesday either :mad: Our school usually gives them out at 11 and let's the whole school have a half day! Everyone in fourth year is annoyed about it! It's not as if we're gonna be focusing on our classes on Wednesday anyways? Schools. -.-

I know, apparently our school always gives them out at 3 but I never took much notice. And my class also does activities the last 3 classes on a Wednesday where we usually go on a trip or something. But we won't be going anywhere because of the results so we'll just be sitting around for about an hour and a half -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I guess I'm fairly lucky that we get our results before 11! :D

pvakelly wrote: »
    I guess I'm fairly lucky that we get our results before 11! :D
    That's impossible? :confused: the school recieve the results from the Post Office on the day (11th).

That's impossible? :confused: the school recieve the results from the Post Office on the day (11th).
    I think he means at 11am not before the 11th :P

I deserve a slap...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

we can get ours anytime between 9 and 4 (I think, I mightn't be right) we have the day of and can go into school whenever you want :)

Actually now that I think about it, can we get ours online like the Leaving Certs can? I will be so anxious if I have to wait until 3 O'Clock :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Exactly :)

I would say check with your teachers or wherever they post the leaving cert results. They would probably know, although i wouldn't say so as its not during the holidays like the LC results

I would say check with your teachers or wherever they post the leaving cert results. They would probably know, although i wouldn't say so as its not during the holidays like the LC results
    Yeah I wasn't sure.. I'm just really annoyed that we have to wait all day! It's not as if we'll be able to concentrate anyways! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DuggiexD

Actually now that I think about it, can we get ours online like the Leaving Certs can? I will be so anxious if I have to wait until 3 O'Clock :o

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. I got a letter home back in May that gave me a online code to use to find out your results on the examinations website but I think you only use it if you're definitely not able to come into school on the 11th.

DuggiexD wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. I got a letter home back in May that gave me a online code to use to find out your results on the examinations website but I think you only use it if you're definitely not able to come into school on the 11th.
    I didn't get a letter for definite anyways so I guess I can't do it :) Ugh guess I'll just have to wait until 3pm :mad:

I think the way my school does it is great, ye go into school at the normal time of 9 then ye go home for the day!
    Of course you're allowed to hang around if you'd like to discuss results etc but I don't think that's what I'll be doing.

I think the way my school does it is great, ye go into school at the normal time of 9 then ye go home for the day!
    Of course you're allowed to hang around if you'd like to discuss results etc but I don't think that's what I'll be doing.
    My school used to give them out at 11 and send the rest of the school home on a half day but of course the year I get mine they decide to wait until 3 o'clock -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Do you all have to come into school the next day? People in my school will get detention if we skip.. :(

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Do you all have to come into school the next day? People in my school will get detention if we skip.. :(
    Everyone in my class is not going to school, only me and two others are coming in ... and Thursday is the day we cook, so we're gonna have a small cookery class :p.

• Advertisement

MomijiHime wrote: »

I think we're supposed to come in, but as long as I'm not threatened with detention I'm going to skip cause I'm sleeping over in a friends :) Is anyone else beginning to get nervous? Knowing it's Monday tomorrow and how close we are is beginning to make me nervous

Advertisement