Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Palestine Solidarity Campaign

• 04-05-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I see the bullies got their way, getting Dervish to pull out of a proposed tour.

A real touch of class. ****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

sorry, I have been living under a rock the last while, whats the back story here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Bloody do-gooders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Apparently, we're supposed to care about politics that have f all to do with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

em this may be a stupid question but ..... who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I see the bullies got their way, getting Dervish to pull out of a proposed tour.

A financial and cultural boycott is the ONLY thing that would have an effect on Israel.

They have the UN wrapped up in a 'USA Veto' and they have repeatedly portrayed their contempt for international opinion.
    FatherLen wrote: »

That was my first thought. I think this could be a nice publicity generator for them - agree to go then cave under 'venomous pressure' whatever that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So the Jews were baby faces but have now had a heel turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

TBH I can't see this type of boycott working. Zionists are so blind to and suggestion that what they are doing is wrong. South Africa was a totally different situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I wish this group would avoid reference to 'Irish' in their title. It suggests that this group in some way represents the views of the 'Irish'. It doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Maybe Dervish will go and play to the Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists instead!

lividduck wrote: »
    Maybe Dervish will go and play to the Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists instead!

Hamas? You mean the elected government?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't know how you can call social media attacks "coercion" or whatever. If you're not prepared to deal with a public fallout from your decisions, you shouldn't be in public life, surely?

If this was something like harassment and stalking it's one thing, but I'm getting the impression it was simply a wave of negative comments being posted by people. Surely open comment is part of freedom of speech?
    Is there any evidence to suggest that this was an orchestrated campaign of "negativity" by a few people, rather than a lot of comments from individual, different people?

I'm not sure what they're trying to imply was done wrong here. If they're claiming it was one or two people making a bunch of social media accounts and spamming with them, they might want to offer something to back that up...?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Should get the People Before Palestinians involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I fail to see the issue exactly. People have a right to protest something they don't like. Plenty of artists have ignored such requests in the past btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why don't they just tell them to **** off?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why don't they just tell them to **** off?

You should suggest that to Hamas. Might be worth a try. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

wes wrote: »
    I fail to see the issue exactly. People have a right to protest something they don't like. Plenty of artists have ignored such requests in the past btw.

is that you fester and ailen. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah, you're right, let's all just turn a blind eye to Israel's occupation and colonialisation of Palestinian land just so we can make a few quid. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Surely if you really didn't like Israel you would be strongly encouraging Dervish to go and play there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Coldm Gds

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right, let's all just turn a blind eye to Israel's occupation and colonialisation of Palestinian land just so we can make a few quid. :rolleyes:

Why not? you manage to turn a blind eye to every other country bar the one with Jews in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

TBH I can't see this type of boycott working. Zionists are so blind to and suggestion that what they are doing is wrong. South Africa was a totally different situation.

Apartheid collapsed due to internal societal pressures, it had nothing to do with boycotts.
    Morlar wrote: »
    A financial and cultural boycott is the ONLY thing that would have an effect on Israel.
    Why would it have any effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Coldm Gds wrote: »
    Why not? you manage to turn a blind eye to every other country bar the one with Jews in it.

Really? Do I?

Can you back up that retarded accusation? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cold, wes. Please leave Politics grudges outside AH. I removed your posts referring to a Politics thread.
    Back OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

FatherLen wrote: »

Trad band who embarrassed the country in 07 by finishing last in the Eurovision Song Contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You should suggest that to Hamas. Might be worth a try. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ugh leave the rolleys outta it. It immediately discredits any response anyone makes on this forum.

If these lads want to do a few gigs in Isreal who gives a ****. It's not like they are starting another crusade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Coldm Gds

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Really? Do I?

Can you back up that retarded accusation? :rolleyes:

When are the Irish flotillas setting sail for Syria, you little putz?

Does the frequent murder of lawyers, journalists and anti-Putin activists in Russia stir the 'humanitarian' Irish into boycotts?

Of course not. You and your tribe of Nazi hosts and pub bombers are only interested in that tiny little country which coincidentally has Jews in it. You know, the same people the rancid Catholic church spent centuries demonising and persecuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Palestine is only been used as an excuse here. The real reason they canceled is because the promoter couldn't sell enough tickets to justify putting on this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Coldm Gds wrote: »

what? Are there no Jews in any other countries? Somebody better tell Alan Shatter!

Good on them. Israel should be boycotted and alienated in every walk of life until they cease their shameful activities in Palestine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Coldm Gds, take a day off for racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

IM0 wrote: »
    sorry, I have been living under a rock the last while, whats the back story here?
    Why don't you follow the link .... or use Google? Do you need to be spoon fed??

Advertisement