Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seth McFarlane's Ted (2012)

• 02-04-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hey Seth McFarlane, the creators of 'Wilfred' want their idea back! :pac:

Will be released in the US in July..

Directed and written by Family Guy / American Dad creator Seth McFarlane and stars Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Joel McHale.

I did like the standard chick flick beginning of the trailer being turned on it's head.. but yeah, can't help but think of 'Wilfred' throughout it.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully all the funny bits aren't just in the trailer, I laughed my ass off at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Ted is basically his Peter Griffin voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Ted is basically his Peter Griffin voice.
    Closer to Brian IMO..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basq wrote: »
    Closer to Brian IMO..

Nah Brian is a much more lower tone, i think Brian is just Set Macfarlane's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-yl_8ywiU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

It's more a harder version of the standard Peter voice; although Peter has a number of different voices.

The movie looks funny enough from the clip and it has a lot of Mila Kunis which is a good thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Looks good and infinitely better than Wilfred. Didn't rate that show at all.
    I just hope we havent seen all the best bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nah Brian is a much more lower tone, i think Brian is just Set Macfarlane's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-yl_8ywiU
    It does seem to vary in the trailer IMO..

When Ted first runs into the room = Peter.
    On the couch smoking = Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Because it was almost entirely unamusing.

Wahlberg trying to guess the name was really good though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Wow, that looks horrendous

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I like the look of it but then i like Family Guy\American Dad. Guessing the name clip did make me laugh.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of McFarlane's work to date, it's all been far to similiar for my liking but I do like Wahlberg and the idea so I'll most likely give this a go. Kind of film I can go to with no expectations at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

McFarlane sure does like to get mileage with his pot jokes.

Hurr, hurr, a teddy bear smoking pot, hurr, hurr.

Not a fan of McFarlane at all but I'll probably give this a shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hate Seth McFarlane and what he's done to comedy.

So colour me uninterested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was actually looking forward to this film until Mark the plank Wahlberg was cast in it.
    How this man gets work is truly baffling especially comedy work ,he is dreadful .
    Trailer was very underwhelming .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Swearing is FUNNY! :rolleyes: Remember when comedy writers actually had to use some wit?

Looks a pretty weak film to be honest, with precisely one gag / premise. To be expected with Seth McFarlane these days though ... first contender for next year's Razzies perchance?

I still tune in to McFarlane's work if it's on the TV, but I lost admiration for his shows years ago - possibly because around then he ran out of unique or funny ideas. And maybe it's just me, but it feels like what was once funny in a risqué sort of fashion, the Family Guy jokes now seem to be actually racist.

pixelburp wrote: »

I still tune in to McFarlane's work if it's on the TV, but I lost admiration for his shows years ago - possibly because around then he ran out of unique or funny ideas. And maybe it's just me, but it feels like what was once funny in a risqué sort of fashion, the Family Guy jokes now seem to be actually racist.

If taken out of context maybe, but you could say the same about the majority of South Park (far superior show to Family Guy imo) and even the Simpsons in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Does this sort of remind anyone of "Paul"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Todd Unctious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Does this sort of remind anyone of "Paul"?

no because Ted isn't real!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If taken out of context maybe, but you could say the same about the majority of South Park (far superior show to Family Guy imo) and even the Simpsons in some cases.

Ah no, it's within context that I'm speaking of: as fond of nonsequiturs as McFarlane is, these days he seems too keen to throw in a lot of jibes at jews / african-americans that feel a bit past the point of ironic-mocking. Dunno, maybe I've just grown out of his style of humour. Trailer still sucks though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was actually looking forward to this film until Mark the plank Wahlberg was cast in it.
    How this man gets work is truly baffling especially comedy work ,he is dreadful .

he fantastic in The Other Guys though

• Registered Users Posts: 84,831 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought he did well in The Other Guys much better than comedy veteran Will Ferrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This looks so bad! Where's the funny side of this? Seth could at least do a voice that's a bit further away from Peter Griffin. He sounds way too much like Peter. God I hate Family Guy these days! Yet still like American Dad... hmmm. A bit like Futurama and The Simpsons me thinks.
    I can't see this being much funnier than Garfield but I would obviously like to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought he did well in The Other Guys much better than comedy veteran Will Ferrell

I didnt like him in it,he was his usual mono expression self.
    The film would have been alot better with a better actor.
    The ironic thing is that he showed promise earlier in his career in "The Basketball Diaries" but he has been on a downward slide ever since.
    You'd get better acting skills out of a door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lot of hate in this thread.

Skerries wrote: »
    no because Ted isn't real!

I think he is, it looks like they're going for that Family Guy style situation where Brian is a dog, does dog things yet still walks around talking and acting like a human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is going to be unreal

Long time since I laughed my ass off at a trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

YOU THINK THAT'S BEEEEEED?!

REMEMBER THE TIME MY TEDDY BEAR STARTED TALKING TO ME?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Gator's biatches best be wearing jimmys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Why didn't he just go ahead and call Marky Marks character Stewie and the bear Rupert?

Advertisement