Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    Ahhhh, registration website banjaxed and slow as usual...

Its usually grand, save those rare occasions when we're all scrambling to get on it.

And before anyone says that they are all idiots and that they should have made it better and all that jazz, please by all means, phone them up immediately and tell them that your and offer your services to try and improve it, your expertise is clearly being underutilized.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Its usually grand, save those rare occasions when we're all scrambling to get on it.

And before anyone says that they are all idiots and that they should have made it better and all that jazz, please by all means, phone them up immediately and tell them that your and offer your services to try and improve it, your expertise is clearly being underutilized.

That's right, it is usually grand :) Wasn't calling anyone an idiot or about to ring them up... just saying it's slow. Which is particularly frustrating the one day of the year that many people need to use it. And I expressed same on a discussion board where people might need to know that other students are finding it slow, too. That they aren't the only ones.

So, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

mickstupp wrote: »
    Probably not busy. There's no registration on at the moment as the Conferring is on and they can't be having wandering swarms of first years interfering with the really old crotchety decrepit final years. So the office should be practically empty. Probably.

I really enjoy seeing all the people graduate. It meant a lot to me getting my degree. Big deal for all the mammies too.

Good. I've to get a silly letter and talk to them about super overcomplicated grants stuff so I'm homing there wont be a bunch of people there who cant work a computer to register.

Course I have to get the stutent web site o co-operate with me first !!

Graduation is cool such a better vibe than exam seson except thev'e robbe all te parking spaces :(

Also will they fix the arts bloc keybords already !! :(

ATM IN SU NOW !!!! :D

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    That's right, it is usually grand :) Wasn't calling anyone an idiot or about to ring them up... just saying it's slow. Which is particularly frustrating the one day of the year that many people need to use it. And I expressed same on a discussion board where people might need to know that other students are finding it slow, too. That they aren't the only ones.

So, yeah?

I see a potential fire and I cover the area in flame retardant foam, just in case.

We have this same whingefest about two times a year. I'm just suggesting that instead of taking to a discussion board to register your disgust with the world, that everyone instead tries to solve the problem. And sees how far that takes them.

so, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Is Moodle access restricted if you don't have your fees paid? Still waiting on SUSI to hurry the hell up :mad:

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Is Moodle access restricted if you don't have your fees paid? Still waiting on SUSI to hurry the hell up :mad:

I don't think so.
    Unless its a new and evil thing they are doing now.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I don't think so.
    Unless its a new and evil thing they are doing now.

Hopefully not. I just tried to log on to the new Moodle page and it's not displaying my modules despite registering today. This might just be a case that it's not fully up and running yet, so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Hopefully not. I just tried to log on to the new Moodle page and it's not displaying my modules despite registering today. This might just be a case that it's not fully up and running yet, so I don't know.

It's the same for me and I paid the student levy so it's probably just moodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

I think it takes up to 24 or 48 hours for moodle to display your modules after you have registred so don't worry :)

Planemo wrote: »
    It's the same for me and I paid the student levy so it's probably just moodle.
    angela1711 wrote: »
    I think it takes up to 24 or 48 hours for moodle to display your modules after you have registred so don't worry :)

It's working now :D Couldn't be dealing with no Moodle access for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I just registered online. I think. That's a confusing system, not user-friendly. And not very clear.

So is mine !! ( I'm still waiting on grant too :) )

Lecturer wants us to BYOD to our first lecture. What on earth is BYOD ?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »

Bring your own drink?

Bring Your Own Device. I got the same message. Are you doing Immunology too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ah immunology (4 attempts, 4 fails :pac:)

Ah immunology (4 attempts, 4 fails :pac:)

:( I'm really not liking the sound of it. Is it horrendous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

:pac:

For all the newbies!

imXGOzy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Nah, I'm just terrible at it :) Most people find it okay. Plus, I managed to get through in the end, so it'll be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

For all the newbies!

imXGOzy.jpg

Nope. Still don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Nope. Still don't get it.

Paying registration fees = paying for college i.e lectures
    Not attending lectures = wasting money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Anyone know if the Arts Block PACR is open tomorrow, or where I can print out stuff in Maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Sneaky crow

RCejcfB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Any one know if repeat fees need to be paid the day of repeat registration? I'm hoping they don't or there is some way around it......

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

lisar816 wrote: »
    Any one know if repeat fees need to be paid the day of repeat registration? I'm hoping they don't or there is some way around it......

I think you can pay them at a later stage I am not sure tough just give the registration office a ring and they should be able to tell you everything :)

Aaaahh I see ! I'm clearly just too cool :P

Wonder why she wants us to do that ? Also I've a slight problem in that the battery in my laptop needs to be replaced so I can't use my laptop unless its plugged in. But in most of the lecture halls plug sockets are virtually non-existent.

Immunology is grand, we did it in first year. Once you keep on top of it and go over everything after each class you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Aaaahh I see ! I'm clearly just too cool :P

Wonder why she wants us to do that ? Also I've a slight problem in that the battery in my laptop needs to be replaced so I can't use my laptop unless its plugged in. But in most of the lecture halls plug sockets are virtually non-existent.

Immunology is grand, we did it in first year. Once you keep on top of it and go over everything after each class you'll be grand.

some of the lecture halls have sneaky sockets at the end of the benches, theyre not very visable though...go into the rooms early and sus it out

Stinjy wrote: »
    some of the lecture halls have sneaky sockets at the end of the benches, theyre not very visable though...go into the rooms early and sus it out

Its in JH3 which as far as I remember only has sockets right at the front so I'll prob have to bring an extension cord with me to actually get a plug :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Its in JH3 which as far as I remember only has sockets right at the front so I'll prob have to bring an extension cord with me to actually get a plug :pac:

yeah JH3 is a bit of a pain sure go in while its empty and take a look :) or bring an extension lead- I'm sure others will appreciate it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KK94

Any one know of any buses running Friday evenings from Maynooth to Kilkenny (or anywhere near Kilkenny)? :) Have lectures until 5 and going into Dublin seems to be the only option...

• Advertisement

KK94 wrote: »
    Any one know of any buses running Friday evenings from Maynooth to Kilkenny (or anywhere near Kilkenny)? :) Have lectures until 5 and going into Dublin seems to be the only option...

I think JJ Kavanagh goes as far as Carlow and the last bus leaves Maynooth at 4pm I think? Don't quote me on that though, I just remember friends from last year having a similar problem.

Advertisement