Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Meth and Freddie on a new track from RZA's film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Xzibits first song from the napalm album prod by dr dre "louis XIII"

its pretty decent, dre nails the beat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Animal beat, I'm liking the sound of that track, signature Xzibit stuff if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Welcome back Xzibit

New track from Abdominal from his new album, no youtube upload yet, Sounds like he has been listening to Jack Johnson but I like it!

Abdominal & The Obliques - Broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

iron-fists.jpg

1. The Black Keys / RZA “The Baddest Man Alive”
    2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P / Pharoahe Monch “Black Out”
    3. Kanye West “White Dress”
    4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams “I Forgot To Be Your Lover”
    5. Talib Kweli / RES “Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)”
    6. Raekwon / Ghostface Killah / Kool G. Rap “Rivers of Blood”
    7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / StreetLife “Built for This”
    8. 24 Carat Black “Poverty’s Paradise”
    9. Killa Sin “The Archer”
    10. RZA / Flatbush Zombies “Just Blowin’ In The Wind”
    12. Corrine Bailey Rae “Chains”
    13. Pusha T / Raekwon “Tick Tock”
    14. Frances Yip “Green is the Mountain”
    15. The Wu-Tang Clan “Six Directions of Boxing”
    16. Mabel John “Your Good Thing Is About To End”

Sweet Baby Jesus eek.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Corrine Bailey Rae......must be the make out scene :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

horsebox09 wrote: »
    iron-fists.jpg

Sweet Baby Jesus eek.gif

what a line-up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

18TH September can't come quick enough for me.

Great song and video. Jake One is a beast. I'm sure my face was a picture when I heard this beat live, I had the gas face for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Liking the prospect of the Ghost/Pharoah/MOP song.

No Mercy meets Tony Starks can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

horsebox09 wrote: »

Sweet Baby Jesus eek.gif

We made it in Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy_rse wrote: »

18TH September can't come quick enough for me.

Great song and video. Jake One is a beast. I'm sure my face was a picture when I heard this beat live, I had the gas face for sure!

I'm not as excited about this as I should be. I think that Brother Ali is getting a bit too preachy, or maybe that I think that I'd like to hear more of him doing more 'Shadows' style songs.

I think him and Jake One sound great together, but he needs to make his subject a little lighter.

Sounds like complete shít so far. Real pity, I'm a massive fan of X's earlier stuff. X needs to be told he's not allowed sing on hooks, it's fúckin disgraceful, he can rap well on them but him and singing just dont mix. No longer looking forward to this abomination of an album.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not as excited about this as I should be. I think that Brother Ali is getting a bit too preachy, or maybe that I think that I'd like to hear more of him doing more 'Shadows' style songs.

I think him and Jake One sound great together, but he needs to make his subject a little lighter.

Maybe the "Dreaming In Colour" part of the title means there will be a bit lighter material included.

Sounds like complete shít so far. Real pity, I'm a massive fan of X's earlier stuff. X needs to be told he's not allowed sing on hooks, it's fúckin disgraceful, he can rap well on them but him and singing just dont mix. No longer looking forward to this abomination of an album.

+1... after hearing the mixtape a few months back, i can honestly say i expected the worst even then. Yes it was only a mixtape but imo the tell tale signs were there. Not liking the sound of this either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Sweet Jesus, I don't think I've ever hated a rapper as much as 2 Chainz, absolute fcuking garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

Madchild off the Dopesick album

Coka Kings feat Vinnie Paz off La Cokas MOTDA album

Mr. Rager wrote: »

Sweet Jesus, I don't think I've ever hated a rapper as much as 2 Chainz, absolute fcuking garbage.

No no no no, you're doing it wrong, I made the same mistake initially. You, like I did, are taking 2 Chainz seriously, listening for consistency in his lyrics/flow, expecting him to make a point and sound like he belongs on a track. Aren't you?

What you need to do is stop doing all of those things. Treat 2 Chainz as a parody of himself, take his music and expect it to be absolute garbage but funny, don't listen to what he is saying. Then, you will find his music kind of funny and is the ONLY WAY you can tolerate him.

It's amusing after a while. You find when you are locked and a 2 Chainz song comes on it's very easy to remember the lyrics, as only a drunk person could have written them. It's also bonus fun to randomly shout "2 CHAINNZZZZZ!" and "TRU!" when his songs are playing/anytime during the day.

Picture a room full of drunk white people dancing and shouting "All ah want fo ma birthdayyyy is a big booty hoe!". That's 2 Chainz.

Another funny example of 2 Chainz's terribleness is his ad-libbing, it's so bad it makes me laugh every time. Eg. at 0:43 in the video above "I'm in the kitchen (IN DA KITCHEN!), Yams every where (YAMS!)" That's just so bad it can't be taken seriously. YAMS!

That is what is wrong with hp-hop^ That is why he sells.

• Advertisement

Does he actually sell though? I thought the only person making decent sales out of that lot were wayne and drake, and that's because (allegedly) birdman buys their records.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Does he actually sell though? I thought the only person making decent sales out of that lot were wayne and drake, and that's because (allegedly) birdman buys their records.

Yes, he sells and is signed to Def jam so he continually gets paid. He is getting paid more than 1000's of better rappers.

he wouldnt be doing major numbers though, he might of had a succesful single or two but when his debut album comes out he'll shift no more than 100 - 130k, tbh maybe even less.

I dont know what kanye see's in him tbh, maybe he wanted a gangsta like rapper to have on the label encase the other gangsta's from young money run on up on him. lil wayne would do a lot of damage with that skateboard and drake well we all know how tough he is :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Chainz_discography

195,000 debut album, that will rise next time. He does not deserve those numbers but people paying him attention whether it is to laugh or not inflates his buzz and gets him those numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Chainz_discography

195,000 debut album, that will rise next time. He does not deserve those numbers but people paying him attention whether it is to laugh or not inflates his buzz and gets him those numbers.

didnt even know he released it or had albums previous to it. I know wiki says 190k but i think it was more near the 140k mark from the links iv been reading but none the less pretty impressive numbers these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I first heard 2 Chainz on the Hip Hop cipher and thought he was class, even made Busta laugh so I went looking for his other songs on youtube and could only find garbage.

Have to give that DMX snippet vid a proper listen later. A couple of the songs sound okay, some sound awful. Will wait and see.

That Madchild tune is claaaaass. gonna look him up.

Rittz has signed to Strange Music, can't wait to hear what he comes out with. Pity Yelawolf didn't sign with them as well. I heard he is pissed off about Radioactive and promises his next album will be completely different. Eminem wrecked Radioactive imo.

I'd say Rittz will def be on Worlwide Choopers 2

That's the thing though. There always was and always will be terrible music having success.

Only the good and the great are remembered. Which is why people look back on time-periods in music fondly and damn the music of today. Never ending cycle.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    That's the thing though. There always was and always will be terrible music having success.

Only the good and the great are remembered. Which is why people look back on time-periods in music fondly and damn the music of today. Never ending cycle.

He has no talent though, so the majority of his sales are from people falsely hyping him whether it is to laugh at him or not.

Second point is unrelated, but I agree 100%.

He has no talent though, so the majority of his sales are from people falsely hyping him whether it is to laugh at him or not.

Second point is unrelated, but I agree 100%.

I've no doubt there are people who would argue about his talent, and think he is a good rapper, sure half the feckin' rappers in the game at the moment want him on their songs! I'm just not one of them, I merely suggested a way to make him tolerable. I have never bought any of his material and to be honest I don't plan on doing so in the future.

But I can't help that feel my birthday back in May would have been vastly improved by the presence of a big booty hoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I'm sure I'll be shot for this but I really liked his verse on Mercy. His appearances on Big Krit's and Currensy's albums were decent as well.

Nothing good however can be said for his solo stuff. The birthday song video is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

Advertisement