Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCM Class of 2011- the continuing challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I agree with Shazkea, Nules10 you don't have to race it, use it as a training run, especially if you you have paid your entry!!!

And you have all your Boards friends to put faces to names!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Younganne wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it as its my first 5k race!!
    I'm like a child waiting for Santa:D

Where are we going to meet or how will we know each other.....

I would wear my boards t-shirt but it looks like it will be too cold for short sleeves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

shazkea wrote: »
    I would wear my boards t-shirt but it looks like it will be too cold for short sleeves...

Wear a long sleeved top/compression top under it?

We could all carry a red rose in our hand:D:D:D

i don't have a boards tshirt!!!

menoscemo wrote: »
    Wear a long sleeved top/compression top under it?

Now you're just being sensible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    You do have other friends running it so no excuse to bail...just saying like :D:D
    Ahh no shaz you have been there on the sidelines shouting abuse encouragement at me for a few now so i feel its my duty as your friend to return the favour... i insist :)
    I agree with Shazkea, Nules10 you don't have to race it, use it as a training run, especially if you you have paid your entry!!!

And you have all your Boards friends to put faces to names!!!:p

haven't paid the entry fee anne she bailed before we got to that point. You could always just write your boards user names on the numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭KittyMittens

Ran past a guy last night who stopped me to say ‘that’s a lot of breeze to be running in’, made me smile, he had a point though! Seems a bit calmer today, looking forward to getting out later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Bad bad week.
    Have not got a run done since last Saturday I have picked up a bloody cold and cant shake it off. But on the plus side I am feeling in good shape and itching to get going again.
    Don't think I will be breaking records in Waterford but I will still do it and will make a good attempt at it.

Didn't go for run yesterday, so will do it Sunday instead...
    Weather looks like it might be ok for tomorrow...watching Toy Show, should be having a few drinks to follow tradition:rolleyes:

Hope everyone whos running enjoys tomorrow!!!

Im going to park at Garda HQ and jog to start!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Didn't go for run yesterday, so will do it Sunday instead...
    Weather looks like it might be ok for tomorrow...watching Toy Show, should be having a few drinks to follow tradition:rolleyes:

Hope everyone whos running enjoys tomorrow!!!

Im going to park at Garda HQ and jog to start!!!!

A few drinks needed to be able to watch Ryan Tubridy! He gets more annoying each year. And the kids are so precocious. I promise I'm not all bah humbug...:mad: I'm just more of an Elf the movie kind of person:p

Very Best of luck tomorrow. With a bit of luck the weather won't be too bad and you'll all enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Marthastew wrote: »
    A few drinks needed to be able to watch Ryan Tubridy! He gets more annoying each year. And the kids are so precocious. I promise I'm not all bah humbug...:mad: I'm just more of an Elf the movie kind of person:p
    He's an absolute twit, I turned the toy show off after a few minutes because I got sick of him.

Kids love it so i'll endure for at least another 10 yrs:eek::eek:.
    Had a bet on that the jeans wouldn't stay tucked into the boots for the full show ans would disappear at first break:D yep boots gone and shoes back on...no adventure in him!!!

younganne and everyone else who is running tomorrow very best of luck will be there cheering you all on hope wind dies down

Thanks Nules, Look out for me:D Longsleeved orange top & no 290!!!

best of luck to ye all in the morning give it socks.

Thanks Nules, Look out for me:D Longsleeved orange top & no 290!!!

Ahh great will do Anne. Hopefully catch up wit you afterwards :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ahh great will do Anne. Hopefully catch up wit you afterwards :)

Good luck guys tomorrow,

very jealous - I'm still injured post DCM (unrelated to the DCM..)

Itching to get back and interested in poss North County Dublin runs if you guys get anything together...

Sub 20 mins now folks..

;)

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best of luck to all running today al I can say is enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Very best of luck today guys. Thinking of you all here this morning. Enjoy jingle bellers :)

Hurry another one to add to the list :D:D
    That was a great race, well organised and something different(ie a mug) at the finish!!

It was my first 5k so a PB was guaranteed but have to say was delighted with 25.38biggrin.gif found parts of the course tough with the wind but overall it was a great course. Well done to Donore for a great event!
    Took a while to thaw out after the race but fine now at home drinking tea from new mugtongue.gif

Nules10 great to meet you after the race and fair play to you for spotting me and coming over to chat.
    I didn't make it to the club house after as i went straight home to thaw out:eek:

I hope anyone else who was running enjoyed it and were happy with a great event!!!

• Advertisement

charged the garmin so got my splits

m1 = pace 8.35 HR 177
    m2 = pace 8.37 HR 182
    m3 = pace 7.28 HR 187
    .14 = pace 6.58 HR 191
    :D

Total time 25.:38

m1 = pace 8.35 HR 177
    m2 = pace 8.37 HR 182
    m3 = pace 7.28 HR 187
    .14 = pace 6.58 HR 191

Well done anne a great run, super time too. nice pace for mile 3. Lovely to meet you today too. See you at the next event. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

m1 = pace 8.35 HR 177
    m2 = pace 8.37 HR 182
    m3 = pace 7.28 HR 187
    .14 = pace 6.58 HR 191

Well done Anne! Great splits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

The training post-DCM wasn't going too great... e... sorry, did I say "training"? I managed to do only 5 runs since DCM :( mostly slow 3 milers.

On top of that, last Saturday my left knee went a bit stiff and sore mid-run.

Last week I started some core training, and other workouts at home, and on Tuesday I thought it would be great idea to find out how many squats and standing calf raises I can do (150 & 100). As you can expect, I paid the price - my quads were sore for next 3 days, and right calf got so sore I tough I tore something there :mad:. A year ago I could do 200 squats with much less after-effect. Luckily the soreness mostly passed by Friday.

I had a table tennis league match Friday evening, so went to bed around 1am. Had alarm clock set for 6:30am... but after snoozing through few following alarms in the end I got up at 8:40am :eek: I had my porridge, shower, dressed up and left around 9:30 for Luas. Arrived at St. Stephens Green before 10, and it was too late to risk a bus, so I got a taxi. Luckily not much traffic and arrived at the start area at 10:30. Very cold and windy morning, but luckily no rain :) Did my usual warm up, few minutes of jogging, static and dynamic stretching, and few strides. I wasn't even feeling too cold by then, although I had only shorts, t-shirt, thin running hat and gloves.

I started in the middle of sub-25 section and was hoping to finish under 25, especially with a bit iffy knee and bad preparation. Went out quite fast, overtaking people. I checked my time around 1 mile and it was about 7 minutes, but I was dying already :eek: Slowed down a bit, but HR stayed around 180. By the end of second mile, I had to take off the hat and gloves as I was roasting :P also got a stitch :(. Then a girl with a buggy had overtaken me :eek: I was trying to speed up a bit, but anyway, she was too much ahead.

I was very happy to finally cross the finish line, and just after it drop on the grass and sit for few minutes. Totally wrecked! No problems with the knee during the race though.

Time: 0:21:3x (4:17/km, avg HR 178, max 188)

splits (min. per km / avg. HR)
    4:13/167, 4:25/179, 4:22/180, 4:30/179, 3:56/185

Very happy with the result! :D

PS no more races until I recover completely and manage to train properly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

m1 = pace 8.35 HR 177
    m2 = pace 8.37 HR 182
    m3 = pace 7.28 HR 187
    .14 = pace 6.58 HR 191

Well done Anne. You must have been flying it altogether. Great end to the year if it's one of your last race(s) :)

Hurry another one to add to the list :D:D
    That was a great race, well organised and something different(ie a mug) at the finish!!

It was my first 5k so a PB was guaranteed but have to say was delighted with 25.38biggrin.gif found parts of the course tough with the wind but overall it was a great course. Well done to Donore for a great event!
    Took a while to thaw out after the race but fine now at home drinking tea from new mugtongue.gif

Nules10 great to meet you after the race and fair play to you for spotting me and coming over to chat.
    I didn't make it to the club house after as i went straight home to thaw out:eek:

I hope anyone else who was running enjoyed it and were happy with a great event!!!

Great running Anne, well done

Well Done Meijin, that was a great run...was it a PB for you??

I went for a 5m recovery run today and it was fine for first 2.5 and then on the return i had the wind and the rain in my face which wasn't so nice but delighted i did it and felt good after it. 5.1 m in 51.56

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments|
    BobMac104|||51m||
    Younganne|4|15|54m|I had a good week & delighted with my maiden voyage yesterday in the JingleBells:D didn't run Thur but ran 5m today instead, even managed to do the stride correctly this week|
    red face dave|||44.5m|
    Nules10 |||64|
    Conseng|||27m|
    run44|||15.5m|
    shazkea|||34m|
    KittyMittens|||24.5m||
    Cutex|||26.5m|
    sunflowerro|||61.0|
    Jimh|||20| |
    Kit3 |||20.8|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

Well Done Meijin, that was a great run...was it a PB for you??

You did well too, and even went for a run today! I'm recovering on the couch :D

• Advertisement

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments|
    BobMac104|||51m||
    Younganne|4|15|54m|I had a good week & delighted with my maiden voyage yesterday in the JingleBells:D didn't run Thur but ran 5m today instead, even managed to do the stride correctly this week|
    red face dave|1|2|46.5m|Sick all week only got one session done and that was only 2 miles today. Hope to have a good week and then Waterford next weekend
    Nules10 |||64|
    Conseng|||27m|
    run44|||15.5m|
    shazkea|||34m|
    KittyMittens|||24.5m||
    Cutex|||26.5m|
    sunflowerro|||61.0|
    Jimh|||20| |
    Kit3 |||20.8|

Think I will use it as a training run. Will aim for under 2 hours.

Advertisement