Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle - Season 4 [** Spoilers **]

• 14-07-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a329773/24-star-penny-johnson-jerald-joins-castle.html

Penny Johnson Jerald has joined the cast of Castle as a series regular.
    The former 24 star will play Victoria Gates, the new police captain hired to replace the slain Captain Montgomery (Ruben Santiago-Hudson).
    A former Internal Affairs investigator, Gates will clash with Castle (Nathan Fillion) when she joins the NYPD squad.
    Jerald is best known for playing the scheming Sherry Palmer in the first three seasons of 24, as well as starring on The Larry Sanders Show from 1992 to 1998.
    The actress has also played recurring roles on ER, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and ABC drama October Road.
    In the Castle third season finale, viewers saw Beckett (Stana Katic) shot by a sniper at Captain Montgomery's funeral.
    Series creator Andrew Marlowe later revealed that the fourth season premiere "may [contain] a time cut" to explain Beckett's swift recovery.
    Castle will return to ABC on Monday, September 19 at 10/9c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Always liked her character in 24. Good casting IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Otacon wrote: »
    Always liked her character in 24. Good casting IMO.

I would have loved to see Gina Torres in the role myself but role on Season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Was hoping for something more in those videos. I'd have to say though, I totally agree with Nathan about the fact that if they get together the show is over.

Season 4 begins September 19 with the first episode titled "Rise"

Preview here from Comic Con:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Was hoping for something more in those videos. I'd have to say though, I totally agree with Nathan about the fact that if they get together the show is over.

Im in agreement, however we will se how the next season of bones develops with bones being pregnant and all that will entail, it could change my opinion

I thought the episode was pretty good.
    Very interesting reveal at the end with Castle having a high-tech HQ for the Beckett case and the fact that Beckett remembers "everything"; presuming the "I love you" is a part of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Meh would have liked them to draw the trauma from the shooting out for at least 2-3 episodes and not have it wrpped up neatly after 40 mins

I don't think it's "wrapped up" just yet.. I think it's going to be a major thing for Beckett this season.

Just finished number 2 and I have to say, that was one of my favourite Castle episodes. It had everything; good humour between Castle/Beckett and Ryan/Esposito; a good, weird murder and a slight nod to the overall story.

Awesome episode; everything I love about Castle, especially Castle's childish excitement at the comic book character murder.

Loved the last minute twist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Great episode. Shameless amount of Marvel plugs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I loved it, it was a lot of gun. And LOL at Beckett's face when the writer and his muse started making out in the lift xD She wants Castle so bad.

Another great episode this week. Loved seeing François Chau back on TV :D Glad that Ryan good a good episode to shine this week too!

Epic ending! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got into this at the start of the summer and watched all 3 series. Really good show.

This season has been good so far, episode 3 wasn't great, but all the others have been good.

Last nights was a good fun case. It was refreshing from all the heaviness of the series 3 finale, start of this series. Hopefully the series stays strong for this season! But there's good chemistry on screen still so I'm optimistic.

Really good Halloween episode this week! Castle at its finest :D

Yeah was another good one. And I didn't see the twist at the end coming
    I was convinced earlier it was the brother. Surprised when it was the cop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thought the episode was a mess, interupted by too much winking, becketts personality is all over the place, traumatized and sullen one week, full of jokes the next

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

enjoyed it...the talk of demons and then having old yellow eyes showing up from Supernatural...classic :)
    yes loads of plotholes but to be honest I really wished they hadn't introduced that dumbass conspiracy theory..it sucks balls imo and the show is much better as a different week to week murder case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

This hasnt started over this side of the pond yet has it?

budhabob wrote: »
    This hasnt started over this side of the pond yet has it?

No, not yet. Dunno when it would be starting over here.

Excellent episode this week, literally not a bad thing to say about it at all. This is probably my favourite show on TV at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Loved it!

Who else was screaming KISSSSSSSSSSSS!! when Beckett found Castle?

Really good episode. ]The reason behind the bank job was a nice little twist to avoid it being run of the mill

It would have made a great double episode actually. Could have done with time to let the tension build more.

Have to say though, other than the part where Beckett finds him, I was expecting a bit more of a heartfelt moment afterwards.

Quite enjoyed that episode. When the bank heist started, I actually thought this would be a two-parter.

Maybe it resolved too quickly but the twist was good.

If it wasn't for the twist it would have been resolved WAY too quickly IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

DeWitt wrote: »
    Loved it!

Who else was screaming KISSSSSSSSSSSS!! when Beckett found Castle?

Me :D

Brilliant episode but find that Alexis is really getting on my nerves in this series!!

Advertisement