Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Guys
    Anyone get tickets online or other.

Online was down for the entire sellout period . Queue in supervalu for 2 hours and calling the gaa during this time .

During the entire period of the online failure they managed to sell out the replay.
    The lady at the gaa office said the tickets were sold at the Dorset steer office during this period .
    How in the name of God are you supposed to get tickets.

Either that or the gaa is ran by touts with a flair for online web page hacking.

Absolute joke trying to get tickets online. Spent over an hour getting shafted online. Of the 3 times it processed my selection, I got through to the login page just once, and they gave me 4 minutes to buy the ticket.... It took 10 minutes for the page to load ffs. Timed out, ticket gone.

Raging at not getting one, I was there from 11 this morning dying of impatience. I have other options, but it shouldn't be as difficult to get tickets online.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

A

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I think The issue here is the gaa. Tickets and allocation of them at Dorset street must have been in massive quantities to sell out an entire countries allocation.

The gaa have some answering to do as this has a bad smell about it

Was having a quick glance during lunch break of the sportsfile photos on the web. They really tell a story of the game that you don't see live or on the TV. Credit to AOS for staying calm when he was being harassed for the day. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that Dublin are the only team in the country that "play the man" as opposed to the ball but in both these photos you will see no effort is made at all secure possession of the ball by the dubs merely take AOS out of the equation....almost rugby esque style. Particularly noticeable is PMcM blocking O shea from climbing for the ball. He make no effort to secure possession only to hinder and obstruct AOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think The issue here is the gaa. Tickets and allocation of them at Dorset street must have been in massive quantities to sell out an entire countries allocation.

what counties allocation? This was a general public sale afaik

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't the Grab All Association not put a few thousand on sale in McHale park this morning. Could you have got them at the Connaught council HQ at the COE in Bekan ? Why restrict to Dorset only. The more I think about it they are such a shower of biased f**kers.

O'Connor being brought up in front of the CCC for the elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any link?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any link?

Sorry, just a false rumour, i shouldnt have posted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

You just caused a collective ****e haemorrage from Claremorris to Belmullet. Meanwhile the Dubs defenders were sharpening their studs with delight at the thought of the best free taker in the competition watching the replay from a bar in Ballintubber:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I queued for 3 hours on Dorset street this morning and managed to get six upper Cusack together. They will all be going to people who were at yesterdays game. it was madness there though as there was no restriction on numbers bought. seen someone buy 16. 8 and 8 together.

Must have been touts there snapping them up.

There was at least another 3 hours of a q behind me when I left. was trying to get online all the time too and it was Impossible.

Not fair that there was an outlet like this in Dublin and none in Mayo, or was there?

Crazy situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

:eek:

Nothing to see with the O'Connor "incident". Wasn't looking at the player. If ROC wasn't all over him like a rash, he wouldn't have got an accidental bang from O'Connor who was only trying to highlight to the umpires what was happening.

ROC was 100% to blame for the incident. Might teach him a lesson although I doubt it.

On another matter, refs and umpires need to give protection to marquee players like COC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

:eek:

Nothing to see with the O'Connor "incident". Wasn't looking at the player. If ROC wasn't all over him like a rash, he wouldn't have got an accidental bang from O'Connor who was only trying to highlight to the umpires what was happening.

ROC was 100% to blame for the incident. Might teach him a lesson although I doubt it.

On another matter, refs and umpires need to give protection to marquee players like COC.

That's a nonsense post. By your reckoning then Connolly after being wrestled to the ground in a headlock was perfectly justified to throw a punch which he then got red card for.

In one incident a player threw a wild arm/elbow/forearm/hand at head high whilst being held resulting in a serious injury. In the other incident a player was thrown to the ground in a headlock and threw a punch (which we don't even know whether it connected) yet you see a difference in two incidents.

Both were wrong. Both were against the rules. At least be objective and remove your bias

Paulzx wrote: »
    That's a nonsense post. By your reckoning then Connolly after being wrestled to the ground in a headlock was perfectly justified to throw a punch which he then got red card for.

In one incident a player threw a wild arm/elbow/forearm/hand at head high whilst being held resulting in a serious injury. In the other incident a player was thrown to the ground in a headlock and threw a punch (which we don't even know whether it connected) yet you see a difference in two incidents.

Both were wrong. Both were against the rules. At least be objective and remove your bias

In one incident, a dublin defender pulls on the jersey of a Mayo player. The mayo player sticks out his arms to complain about it and the dublin player accidently runs into his outstretched hand. The mayo player wasnt even looking at the dublin player. Its farcical to suggest as some try to (mostly the Keane poster on here) that COC deliberately set out to punch ROC. He didn't. Its like two players running into each other, accidently. ROC was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The question is why was he in that place? It was more cynicism from Dublin players.

As for the Connolly one, I'm not the sort that likes to see players banned. I'd rather teams won games with the best 15 on either side. Connolly threw a punch, but he was provoked, a bit like Kevin Keane. Connolly should not be banned in my view.

I don't think you can get more objective than that.

the dublin player accidently runs into his outstretched hand.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In all the posts over the numerous threads about the match that quote is the best of them all..................and you didn't even mean it as humour!!!!

Brillaint!!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of Baldrick being ordered to run into Blackadders outstretched fist. You have a future in comedy that you never knew about:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭blue4ever

You must all be on the "home brew" home brew west of Ballyhaunis

https://vine.co/v/eIjYalb3UIP

He didn't "walk into his hand" - that's a punch plain and simple - I see he even went for a bit of theater after throwing the dig.

Paulzx wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In all the posts over the numerous threads about the match that quote is the best of them all..................and you didn't even mean it as humour!!!!

Brillaint!!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of Baldrick being ordered to run into Blackadders outstretched fist. You have a future in comedy that you never knew about:D

And yet its true. It happens in every game, and it happens in soccer too, but clearly you don't watch too many games of GAA, just the high profile ones.

Players get hit all the time in football matches accidentally and end up with severe cuts. Two mayo players ran into each other last year in limerick and had to go off for cuts. Next you will be saying they did it deliberately!

But if you want to talk about deliberate cynicism, we can. We can start with Johnny Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭blue4ever

And yet its true. It happens in every game, and it happens in soccer too, but clearly you don't watch too many games of GAA, just the high profile ones.

Players get hit all the time in football matches accidentally and end up with severe cuts. Two mayo players ran into each other last year in limerick and had to go off for cuts. Next you will be saying they did it deliberately!

But if you want to talk about deliberate cynicism, we can. We can start with Johnny Cooper.

Ye can look closer to home for cynical players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Jesus man ya had the heart across me

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

no retrospective action for any player
    connolly one game ban but can appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

blue4ever wrote: »
    You must all be on the "home brew" home brew west of Ballyhaunis

https://vine.co/v/eIjYalb3UIP

He didn't "walk into his hand" - that's a punch plain and simple - I see he even went for a bit of theater after throwing the dig.

That's not a punch. Not in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    no retrospective action for any player
    connolly one game ban but can appeal

Official?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Official?

Irish times reporting it from CCCC meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    Irish times reporting it from CCCC meeting

If it ends up that Connolly is the only one out then I'll take that and run. The thought of even the slightest chance of Cillian getting called up was nerve wracking.

PARlance wrote: »
    If it ends up that Connolly is the only one out then I'll take that and run. The thought of even the slightest chance of Cillian getting called up was nerve wracking.

I wouldn't celebrate too much. Either Alan Brogan to start and Mcmenaman to replace him or vica versa I'd say. Both equally as good as Connolly on their day. I don't think this will weaken Dublin that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Blackjack wrote: »
    That's not a punch. Not in a million years.

Not a punch, but most definitely a strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I wouldn't celebrate too much. Either Alan Brogan to start and Mcmenaman to replace him or vica versa I'd say. Both equally as good as Connolly on their day. I don't think this will weaken Dublin that much.

Alan Brogan or McManaman are nowhere near as good as Connolly. McManaman's biggest strength is his pace against tiring defenders when he comes off the bench. Dublin will not want to start him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Not a punch, but most definitely a strike.

No question it was a strike but I think a lot more is being made of that incident than is necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement