Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get wind deflectors for a Honda Civic?

• 27-05-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for the "wide" wind deflectors. My engineer can get the shallow ones (€60), but I don't think they suit my needs. I need them so when it's raining, i can have the windows open a bit, to flick ash out, and blow smoke out of the window. Also because I generally drive about with the windows down a bit. My engineer said he couldn't get the "wide" wind deflectors for my car, so I'm wondering if anyone here got any? Also, where and how much did you get htem from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Ebay would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€50 or so in a motor factors for a set of 2 front delfectors.

Also, why just not smoke when its raining? This comes from a rep who smokes and who has wind deflectors. BTW, I do smoke when it rains. The wind deflectors actually channel the water so it drops straight down onto the internal door frame. You dont get wet but you car still will irrespective of how shallow or deep they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Berty wrote: »
    Also, why just not smoke when its raining?
    Sorry, I may not have made my secondary point clear - I usually have the windows down when driving regardless, as the cold air fans aren't that great.

Is there much of a difference between the wide and not so wide wind deflectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

what year is the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

the_syco wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between the wide and not so wide wind deflectors?

Other than the width :D I don't know.

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    what year is the car?
    2002 Honda Civic Saloon 1.4L
    Berty wrote: »
    Other than the width :D I don't know.
    Well, I meant regarding how far can your window be open when it's raining, before the rain starts to come into the car (if the rain was coming straight down, with no wind, etc)?

May pop over to Halfords later. Everywhere else "needs to order them in", it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I think you'll have a hard time finding wide wind deflectors to suit that car.

I've actually only ever seen the wide ones on Japanese imported 4X4s. And I think they come in with them already on. Could be wrong on that but I'm fairly sure that's the case.

Crackle wrote: »
    I think you'll have a hard time finding wide wind deflectors to suit that car.

I've actually only ever seen the wide ones on Japanese imported 4X4s. And I think they come in with them already on. Could be wrong on that but I'm fairly sure that's the case.
    Aye. Was speaking to someone (auto shop dude) who had the shallow ones on his van. The dude said that I should be able to get the window down about half a foot without the rain getting in, so I think I'll go for the shallow ones. €55 in the shop, €60 for the engineer to get them and fix them on my car, so I think I'll get him to order them on and put them on. For the sake of a fiver, it saves me the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wind-deflectors-Honda-Civic-3-door-Type-R-EP3-2pc-set-/360367113407?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e78dc4bf

€40 delivered for the above, Ive got the same ones on my car. They are made by "team heko" and most likely are the exact same as the ones in your local motor factors. They'll fit your 4 door fine, simple to fit, 2 minutes either side and you'll have them on.

Bear in mind the above kit is for the driver and passenger front and not the rear

the_syco wrote: »
    ......... My engineer ............. My engineer...............

....... as in mechanic ?

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    ....... as in mechanic ?
    That'd be it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Those Team Heko deflectors are very good quality. Had a set of them on my last car.

Advertisement