Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ravenous - Weird but good, the soundtrack was very hit and miss.
    Lucky Number Slevin - Pretty good actually.
    Public Enemies - A good movie but I don't like how they glorify a murderer as some kind of modern day Robin Hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Watched The Wrestler last night. I loved it and thought Mickey Rourke was brilliant, not sure if he got an oscar nomination.
    I found myself really rooting for Randy 'The Ram' throughout and Marisa Tomei was very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

watched gods and generals last night. films basically about the american civil war and its a prequal to the film gettysburg. very long film about 4 hours, stars robert duvall and jeff daniels among many others.The film has some great war scenes but one particular part that stood out for me was
    when the two irish regiment units from both side clashed in the film, quite sad aswell:(

anyway worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Saw a preview screening of Jennifers Body last night. It wasn't bad, I'd classify it a good popcorn halloween film with nice eye candy in the shape of Megan Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

What I've watched recently (in the last week or so)...

Last Action Hero - Great 'negger movie, hadn't seen it in years. The kid in it is awful though, you just want to punch him in the face.

Yeah someone who has the same reaction...Dont some actors annoying the crap out of you i feel the same way about that little girl from the lion the witch and the wardrobe I wish the wardrobe would fall on her or eat her...but anywho

The Orphan - thought this was very good something differant at last from the same old thillers...

The Chrildren - yep this was good too puts sense to why some people dont want to have kids they can be scary too..

Rocky Horrow Picture Show - classic and always fun..

The Dark - Not to bad now either...

Horton Heres a Who - Commical, so so so funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Last night I watched Miami Vice (2006)

Why ??

I don't know really ...

But anyway, I had to turn on subtitles to understand the mumbles from the characters (esp C Farrell)

Funny thing was, for the first half of the film the subtitles were really detailed: song names, song lyrics, Spanish dialog, even Spanish song lyrics.
    But for the second half, it was like the subtitler just gave up, Spanish dialog was flagged "Foreign Language", even half the English wasn't subtitled.
    Tough (or maybe merciful) for the hearing impaired but I can't say it spoiled my enjoyment as I didn't really enjoy it very much anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Over the past few days I've watched:

In Bruges: Wasn't too bad to be honest. Bit of hype surrounding it. I don't think it lived entirely up to the hype I was expecting but I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor: Shocking stuff altogether. Avoid!!!

Home Alone: A classic.

Home Alone 2: Also a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I've recently watched Skin( an okay movie), and Straw Dogs - first time seeing this movie, i thought it was very good. I'm not used to seeing Hoffman in such a role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just watched Hopscotch (1980) an old school light comedy spy caper about a rougue CIA agent who deceides to write his memories as revenge on his old boss. Good fun with Walter Matthau and Glenda Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

That_Guy wrote: »
    Home Alone: A classic.

Home Alone 2: Also a classic.

I watch those every christmas. It's getting up to that time again... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

True Lies - Brilliant fun. Love this film despite its insanity at points! :D

Outlaw - Quite entertaining I felt. Not the best ever or worse but it's good.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Martyrs - ****ing insane. When I read the blurb I thought it was going to be a revnege flick with a childhood victim of domestic abuse growing up and seeking out and killing the people who abused her. It certainly started that way, then it just went crazy as we find out why exactly these people were being abused.

Blade II on bluray - fantastic film, even better on highdef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

forgetting sarah marshall , pretty crap and totally over rated as far as im concerned , lead actor was like a poor mans vince vaughan which IMO is a very bad thing , even russell brand wasnt funny , the great jonah hill however was , overall a big letdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

This Is It...Michael Jackson film.. would highly recommend it, gives great insight into his great sense of hunour and his complete love and knowledge of music... Definitely one to see and own on DVD.. loved it... stay until after the credits have rolled, we were the only 3 in the cinema that did this as we were told by someone else to stay until the very end! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

irish_bob wrote: »
    forgetting sarah marshall , pretty crap and totally over rated as far as im concerned , lead actor was like a poor mans vince vaughan which IMO is a very bad thing , even russell brand wasnt funny , the great jonah hill however was , overall a big letdown

Jonah Hill as the worst thing in that movie imo, he just plays an annoying fat jewish guy in everything he's in, FSM has its moments, mostly revolving around the adorable Mila Kunis, nom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Terminal - quite dissapointing..Had its moments though - 6/10

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Terminal - quite dissapointing..Had its moments though - 6/10

yeah the terminal is passable fare , catherine zeta jones brings it down a few points aswell , shes incredibly annoying in it and her role is quite pointless

krudler wrote: »
    Jonah Hill as the worst thing in that movie imo, he just plays an annoying fat jewish guy in everything he's in, FSM has its moments, mostly revolving around the adorable Mila Kunis, nom

obnoxious fat jewish guys tend to be funny by definition , think george in seinfeld

is mila kunis yer one from that 70,s show , shes hot but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Watchmen - I hadnt read the comics but enjoyed.

The Reader - Expected to hate it. However Winslets and Fiennes acting completely won me over.

Rounders - A classic. Thought John Malkovich was fantastic in it.

Tyson - I am a huge boxing fan , so loved it if it is unsettling in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Whatever Works.

The dialogue is superb in this film. Woody Allen is really on form here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Requiem for a Dream. brilliant and horrific. any parent worried about their kids experimenting drugs, have them take a look at this.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Burner- wrote: »
    Requiem for a Dream. brilliant and horrific. any parent worried about their kids experimenting drugs, have them take a look at this.

Watch this and then make sure they stick to alcohol, sure alcohol never harmed anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Driven to Kill - Steven Seagal rescues his daughter. Again.

The Keeper - Seagal rescues someone elses daughter this time.

Direct Contact - Dolph Lundgren shoots lots of Russians and causes one to explode in mid-air :D Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

For Saturday I watched...

Jacobs Ladder - not as scary or freaky as I remember it but still a good film.

The Descent - Damn good Halloween scare fare. Had the missus with the cushion over her face for most of the cave scenes so it must have been good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Commando Leopard (1985), Swiss-Italian backed adventure flick set in standard unnamed Latin American hell hole. Boys-own stuff with a few nice old fashioned action sequnces featuring elaborate miniatures and fiery explosions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn8dSXKpHNY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 woggas

watched paranormal activity at the weekend...really let down by it...had great potential too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I have had a little run of kiddies flicks lately:

Up - Good laugh, nice little story, squeezes the heart at certain moments.

Fantastic Mr.Fox - I really enjoyed this. Most people have said that it's strange, but that is precisely what I enjoyed about it. Loved the animation and the landscapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

taken - loved it liam neeson wwas just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Law abiding citizen

Didnt like the ending tho. I was hoping for something biblical :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Fantastic Mr Fox
    seen it last night..... enjoyable and pretty funny in parts, but forgetable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement