Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

college

• 07-12-2007 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

im having a really hard time coping with the last two weeks i decided to do a multimedia applications course in the wit in waterford and i had just completed a multimedia course in the cti in waterford city, i absoloutly loved the one in the cti as it was a production course, the design the video production these are hobbies of mine and i passed them with full marks and it was brilliant. sadly the course in the wit isisnt the same its an application course which means there is lots of maths and programming to it, theres really no real creativity to the course, when i was talking to some of the tutors who i have for design they told me i really should be in a more design based course. for the last two months i tried to change course and it failed and now im going to de register and try again next year, i did my leaving at 16 and went from trades to courses and im 19 now i feel like im wasting my life away pretty fast. i was wondering has anoyone ever used a fetac qualification to get into a course in which didnt have the same title as one in college e.g multimedia production to get into design and communications im probably not making any sense but i am waiting on a meeting with a member of the boasrd to deregister from colege and to try and see if i qualify with my score from fetac which was 340 which i dont know wuld be counted as points to get into the next course

if anyone has been in a situation like this or knows if the 340 means points on the cao please let me know id really appreciate it or if anyone has any guidance or experience id also love to hear it

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hey OP, sounds like a pretty technical question. My advice would be to go straight to the head of the course you want to do and explain your situation and ask him/her how do you go about getting into the course. There's various non-CAO ways of getting in to most courses. They're not well publicised so the easiest way to find out is to ask the person who's over the course. Straight to the horses mouth so to speak.

Advertisement