Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I got served!

• 07-12-2007 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

With divorce!! My "wife" (haven't seen her since 2003) emailed me to ask me for my address so she can divorce me. Obviously she's moved on quite a bit but I haven't been able to conjur up any kind of stable relationship, or even hook up with girls (apart from a few brief encounters) since. It's a nightmare, this is like the final nail in the coffin. I really don't need this right now, I always kind of thought that the fact I was married to her meant my hapless love life wasn't quite as shambolic as it actually is. We're living literally poles apart right now, so the chances of seeing her are slim to none unless I'm willing to travel 30,000km or whatever it is to get up there. And I'm not willing to do that, I realise we can't make it work at this stage.
    I had been going out with a beautiful girl for 2 years before I moved away from Ireland in March, I was afraid to commit to her too much, even though she did everything for me and put up with all my sh*t, and I think this marriage may have been holding me back. Now this girl doesn't speak to me at all, I haven't heard a peep since I left (she broke up with me because I wouldn't move in with her, settle down etc.). So now with the divorce I'm even more f**ked off about messing things up with her.
    So now I seem to have morphed into some kind of asexual being with absolutely zero confidence when it comes to women. I really don't know how to flirt or come on to girls or how to tell if they like me whatsoever. I feel like I've reached a new low. I just want to be happy again. How does one achieve happiness?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You think you feel bad now?

Wait till you see what she wants from the settlement.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

TC
    Constructive imput please!
    So now I seem to have morphed into some kind of asexual being with absolutely zero confidence when it comes to women. I really don't know how to flirt or come on to girls or how to tell if they like me whatsoever. I feel like I've reached a new low. I just want to be happy again. How does one achieve happiness?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing things went a bit like this:

You got married, thought it would work, it didn't, that shocked you.
    You tried to move on, found yourself someone else but you no longer trusted a relationship to work long term so you legged it.
    Now you're in limbo.
    I'm divorced btw, so have have a clue where you're at.
    For the moment I'd suggest you work on yourself, enjoy being single, get into your hobbies, have fun with your friends.
    It takes time to get back into things and you have to like yourself before you can find someone to like you.
    A person full of life has no problem, work on getting your life back.
    best of luck.

Advertisement