Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just Cause 2
    Supreme Commander 2
    Lara Croft and the guardian of light
    Tomb Raider Underwold
    Kane and Lynch 2

All for €6 http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Ultimate-Collection-Download/dp/B00822X7OY

For anyone wondering, all the games activate on steam except for Tomb Raider Underworld.
    Bought it myself a few minutes ago.

Just bumping this -

Saw it mentioned on another forum that Tomb Raider Underworld keys now activate on Steam , so went ahead and ordered :)

Downloading now through Steam :D

( Don't blame me if you're key for Underworld doesn't work with Steam though :D )

Adding this ,from another forum -

Clarification regarding Tomb Raider: Underworld: It's not supposed to be a Steam key. However, the Amazon rep on CAG said that they were accidentally given a batch of Steam keys instead of whatever they were supposed to be (GFWL, maybe?). As of about an hour ago when I purchased it, they were still giving out Steam keys. However, there's a chance that they'll either run out of Steam keys and get a fresh batch of the right ones or correct the error, so it's not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Just bumping this -

Saw it mentioned on another forum that Tomb Raider Underworld keys now activate on Steam , so went ahead and ordered :)

Downloading now through Steam :D

( Don't blame me if you're key for Underworld doesn't work with Steam though :grin: )

Did your TR:Underworld key work in steam? How many characters does it have? Theres 20 in mine(4 groups of 5).

Did your TR:Underworld key work in steam? How many characters does it have? Theres 20 in mine(4 groups of 5).

Worked perfectly for me - downloading now .

They seemed to have changed the format for the Underworld keys , and new purchases are redeemable on Steam .

Mine has 3 groups of 5 xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

I saw it mentioned on another forum , so took the chance .

When did you purchase ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

Worked perfectly for me - downloading now .

They seemed to have changed the format for the Underworld keys , and new purchases are redeemable on Steam .

Mine has 3 groups of 5 xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

I saw it mentioned on another forum , so tok the chance .

When did you purchase ?

Ah that makes sense so if they've changed to 15 characters. Steam only takes 15 or 25 character codes.
    I bought it on Thursday, so I guess I'm outta luck.

Ah that makes sense so if they've changed to 15 characters. Steam only takes 15 or 25 character codes.
    I bought it on Thursday, so I guess I'm outta luck.

I was debating about buying it for the last couple of days .

When I read the post about the Steamable keys for Underworld , I said "feck it , I might as well :D "

I keep dipping into the money I have allocated on my credit card for the Steam sale :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Saw Metroid: Other M for €7 in HMV in the Pavilions today, second hand but seems pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was debating about buying it for the last couple of days .

When I read the post about the Steamable keys for Underworld , I said "feck it , I might as well :D "

I keep dipping into the money I have allocated on my credit card for the Steam sale :rolleyes:

I have an idea of how to purchase from Amazon.com, but is there a guide or sticky somewhere to refer to?

I just reinstalled steam for the first time after doing a restore in preparation for the sale. So figured may give this offer a shot

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I have an idea of how to purchase from Amazon.com, but is there a guide or sticky somewhere to refer to?

I just reinstalled steam for the first time after doing a restore in preparation for the sale. So figured may give this offer a shot

You just need to put in a US address, preferably for a state with no sales tax, e.g. Delaware. You can use your own CC without issue.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I set up a fake American address ( in New Hampshire - no sales tax ) in my Amazon account , and made it my default billing and shipping address .

Added the games ( Square Enix bundle ) to basket , paid at checkout , then loked at my games list in Amazon to get the Steam keys .

Added games to Steam , then went back to Amazon , and changed my settings back to the way they were - billing address , shipping address etc .

No problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Steam sale confirmed for July 12th, topic on bargain alerts. On phone right now so can't be linking right now. My date was correct all along it seems. :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just because somebody else guessed the same date as you doesn't mean it's confirmed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

just because somebody else guessed the same date as you doesn't mean it's confirmed :)
    Sorry, assumed he had a link in there was asleep when I read the topic. It was one of the Indie developers that mentioned the date previously I think. Hopefully they were right.. The day by day sale info to make up for it, no prices.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/steam-summer-sale-preview

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Greenmangaming are having a winter sale starting around the same time as Steams summer sale.

Before the sales start, they're giving away Hacker Evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Greenmangaming are having a winter sale starting around the same time as Steams summer sale.

I think downloading that gave me a 20% off voucher.
    Check your keys page if you "bought" it.
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/user/account/#keys

also, lulwut winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

/\/ollog wrote: »

also, lulwut winter?

think theyre based in the southern hemisphere so thats why its winter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Nice one cherry. Downloading now. Screenshots remind me of Uplink this old hacker game I used to play. Just got my paypal sorted out so just waiting for the sales to start now. :D

TheGunns wrote: »
    think theyre based in the southern hemisphere so thats why its winter :)

I thought they were British.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I thought they were British.

my mistake was thinking of the brazilian one :rolleyes:

Anybody want a free game ?

I came across a link with details about a free game offer from a german online game store .

I'm not sure how much longer the offer will run for , so grab one now .

There are ten to chose from ( you can pick only one )

The site is in german , but is easy enough to navigate .

Basically , go to -
    McGame.com/store/freebees

Select a a free game , and on the right of the game page , click where it says "Gratis Downloaden"
    Register an account (email address , and password twice ).

You'll get a confirmation email .

Click on it , and fill in your details - Name ,gender , date of birth etc .

Save your details , and the game should appear in your library for download .

Do not register before selecting a free game

I got Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown :D

The games are -

Anno 1503: Gold Edition
    Heroes of Might and Magic V: Gold Edition
    Settlers: Heritage of Kings
    Rayman
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Silent Hunter 4: Gold
    Driver: Parallel Lines
    Rainbow Six: Lockdown
    Abenteuer auf dem Reiterhof: Die Wilden Mustangs

The links where I found this are

Make shop account to get one of 10 downloadable older games for free. : GameDeals
    According to the Reddit link , Anno is german only .

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324493

As far as I know , none of the games activate on Steam

Have fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Plenty of places reporting the steam sale to begin this evening.

7 hours remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Today Greenmangaming are giving away Hacker Evolution Untold, and as Nollag said, a 20% off voucher when you purchase it. This 20% off voucher can be used on their sale items too, according to their Facebook account!

They're really pushing it with the Steam sale around the corner :)

and as Nollag said, a 20% off voucher when you purchase it. This 20% off voucher can be used on their sale items too, according to their Facebook account!

They're really pushing it with the Steam sale around the corner :)

The voucher I have is valid until the end of the month so. :3

...And now I have two. :3

Can't get onto the Steam website.

It begins.

Oh on now. YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It Has BEGUN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Hmmm the "Community Choice" is an interesting idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yep I voted for SR3

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations-steam-version Arma 2 cheaper here.
    But bear in mind, the 20% off on steam isn't a daily deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sniper Elite V2 (activates on steam) $15 (€12.30)

http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Elite-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008K2WRYC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement