Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should I trust my husband?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

You should have more in your relationship.

Your communication sounds really bad, would you consider doing some couples work to improve things?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭ahnow

Hi OP,
    My god some of the comments are the height of insulting, especially about celebrating the pregnancy. Your feelings are completely valid in my opinion, he seems to have checked out of the relationship altogether. It's no life for you, really bad behaviour on his part.
    Can you recall if he has always been like this? If not can you remember when it started?
    Have you had a serious chat with him about this? What has been his response? It sounds like some major changes need to happen, maybe figure out what you are willing to put up with, and what not, before you talk with him. What do you see yourself doing in the future if he doesn't change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

He seems to have total disregard for your feelings. You need to talk things through with him, tell him how you feel and make him know that he can't continue to treat you this way. Stand up for yourself - you deserve more

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Time Now Please

The fact that you have posted your concerns has you already thinking things are not right, I know it is easy for me to say this but are you thinking that he might be having an affair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Are you pregnant at the moment?
    All these thoughts and worries and stuff happen with pregnancy.
    You say he doesnt get you anything at christmas and yet think its ok for you to not get him anything.
    In all fairness he could be very over his head in debt with them deals and be out working and hobnobbing all the hours god sends to get the debts paid whilst trying not to worry you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Skip the counselling and just leave him before you waste more of your time left with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Based on what you've said, he's probably not having an affair. But he does seem to be emotionally unavailable and oblivious to your needs or feelings.

You need to speak with about this. Maybe write it all down first? If he is unavailable to discuss it with you, then it's time to suggest visiting a counsellor/therapist. If he doesn't want to do that, then you know you have a serious issue to contend with.

Best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

OP it sounds to me like he is prett overwhelmed and really stressed with the work and money problems

Advertisement