Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing planning files

Options
  • 25-04-2014 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have decided to sell a property but have run into a problem.
    My local county council has lost the planning permission files, they have run a number of searches but cant find them anywhere. i have the p.p. grant but i do not have the drawings dated may 1997. As it is commercial property building control have an older drawing dated january 1997 which is slightly different to the actual property and i believe these were changed (grant says approved based on drawings provided may. 1997) when yhe property was built. i have a copy of an engineers compliance regarding the property dated 2002....
    I am awaiting a reply regarding this problem from the planning office to see how i can satisfy a buyer things are in order....not my fault these were lost but i really just want to fix it asap. Any ideas whilst i wait for suggestions from the offices? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is the person/company who prepared the drawings still around?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Does the engineers compliance from 2002 cover planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonmel

The company is gone, the compliance says it fully respects p.p. but that is dated 2002 and i am waiting to hear if it is of any use...

Jonmel wrote: »
    The company is gone, the compliance says it fully respects p.p. but that is dated 2002 and i am waiting to hear if it is of any use...

If its a cert of compliance with building revisions and planning permission it doesn't matter what year its from.

If there has been other works since, they would need to be certified separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonmel

Thats the problem, no work has been done but i cant get in touch with both previous owners to declare it...one of them is no longer in ireland...so back to square one...hopefully the planning offices can facilitate a solution. The main difference in the older drawing is the shape of the roof which is substantially different to the roof on the property....but i am sure nobody has changed the shape of it in 12 years!

• Advertisement

Jonmel wrote: »
    Thats the problem, no work has been done but i cant get in touch with both previous owners to declare it...one of them is no longer in ireland...so back to square one...hopefully the planning offices can facilitate a solution.

I wouldn't be relying on them.

If you're purchase of the bidding was based on this certification, and no work has been carried out since, you should be fine. A letter from a professional starting that no obvious work has been carried out since would suffice.

A new cert of compliance is not required at every single sale of the same property.

Advertisement