Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HRV and extraction hood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

so despite my last post on that other thread I went with a decent recirculating unit with washable metal grease traps

works well - but I still sometimes think that extracting to outside would have been ok if we looked carefully at the thermal bridge piece and installed it accordingly - especially when cooking certain items and the fire alarm goes off. We open windows for this rather than boosting the extract into HRV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

fclauson wrote: »
    so despite my last post on that other thread I went with a decent recirculating unit with washable metal grease traps

works well - but I still sometimes think that extracting to outside would have been ok if we looked carefully at the thermal bridge piece and installed it accordingly - especially when cooking certain items and the fire alarm goes off. We open windows for this rather than boosting the extract into HRV

Thanks fclauson; knowing you have loads, any pics of your ducting in place before the ceiling went up. Do you recall the manufacturer you went with (by pm only)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

some pictures at https://www.facebook.com/Passive.House.Wexford

I have PMed the extractor

In the final stage of HRV before we start but I've been to a couple of sites and all (different suppliers I must note) seem to all using the anti-microbial 75mm ducting in red/white or blue (I assume these are all the same). What I have noticed is that each extract/supply had 2 connection for 2 pipes but in some houses there was only only and the other was capped.

Pity I took no pics to show but this is an example online. This has 2 supplies. Whats the difference ?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ace0ExtIBVs/U6c_z2AxDXI/AAAAAAAABOw/1AI1XDDZ9HA/s1600/Chapucas+14'0610+-+6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

In the final stage of HRV before we start but I've been to a couple of sites and all (different suppliers I must note) seem to all using the anti-microbial 75mm ducting in red/white or blue (I assume these are all the same). What I have noticed is that each extract/supply had 2 connection for 2 pipes but in some houses there was only only and the other was capped.

Pity I took no pics to show but this is an example online. This has 2 supplies. Whats the difference ?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ace0ExtIBVs/U6c_z2AxDXI/AAAAAAAABOw/1AI1XDDZ9HA/s1600/Chapucas+14'0610+-+6.jpg

What setup are you using yourself?

• Advertisement

BarneyMc wrote: »
    What setup are you using yourself?

Have gone with a Brink from advise received here and having talked to recommend suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Have gone with a Brink from advise received here and having talked to recommend suppliers.

Sorry I mean what ducting setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭slipstream

What I have noticed is that each extract/supply had 2 connection for 2 pipes but in some houses there was only only and the other was capped.

i'm in the market for mvhr myself. based upon my research on semi-rigid ducting, multiple duct runs per terminal are used to reduce the duct airspeed and consequent duct noise. duct airspeed of < 2 to 3 m/s in normal (as opposed to boost) mode appears to be seen as a good target for near quiet operation.

for my 210 square meter house plans, given a 2m/s max airspeed requirement, several 75mm semi-rigid suppliers suggested 2 duct runs from 50 - 80% of all room terminals and 3 - 4 duct runs to the kitchen extract terminal(s).

btw would you mind pming who you got a brink quote and how much it was for?

slip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Slip
    I think OP was referring to the extractor hood specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭slipstream

just do it wrote: »
    Slip
    I think OP was referring to the extractor hood specifically.

hi jdi,

i was responding to this query and picture in particular
    What I have noticed is that each extract/supply had 2 connection for 2 pipes but in some houses there was only only and the other was capped.This has 2 supplies. Whats the difference ?

which looks like zehnder comfotube mvhr semi-rigid ducting to me (but i could be wrong).

slip

• Advertisement
Advertisement