Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Nice one for the Eagles hopefully - at home against the Jags.

Either a nice win to settle in (assuming the Jags are still as bad as ever) or else I'll know early on that we're on for a season of mediocrity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers finish the season with 4 home and 2 road games, the road games are in Oakland and Seattle, so not much travel at all involved there, could be interesting. Seattle at home on Thanksgiving, then Oakalnd, then Seattle again could be an interesting few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

youngco87 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the schedule release tonight. Planning a trip over this year so it will be time to get planning once we see the weekly match ups.

Anybody done a trip recently? I would love to hear of your experiences/ get some advice!

Went over to San Francisco last season. Well worth it, where are you going to? Try to go when your team has back to back home games so you can get 2 games, get to a college game if you can, and show up early with some beers to enjoy some tailgating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Week One Schedule:

132 days to go!

that just makes me sad tbh!

Get here soon NFL!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Everything was grand and quiet, my mental breakdown wasn't deteriorating, I was just about hanging on and then he had to do it.....

132 days to go!

4Pi5k9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

adrian522 wrote: »
    Went over to San Francisco last season. Well worth it, where are you going to? Try to go when your team has back to back home games so you can get 2 games, get to a college game if you can, and show up early with some beers to enjoy some tailgating.

Planning on doing a road trip and hopefully getting to a couple of games. Im a Baltimore fan and the two lads im going with are Colts and Bears fans so we are just trying to figure out if we can figure anything out. The thing we are most worried about is getting tickets. Did you have any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Planning on doing a road trip and hopefully getting to a couple of games. Im a Baltimore fan and the two lads im going with are Colts and Bears fans so we are just trying to figure out if we can figure anything out. The thing we are most worried about is getting tickets. Did you have any issues?

Depends very much on what game you want to go to. If the team is doing well it gets very expensive very quickly, so I would be looking into it as early as possible (today, in other words). I went to the Bears and the Packers a couple of years ago and it cost 150 dollars per ticket to be up in the nosebleeds. Good craic and obviously a very high-demand fixture. That was through ebay.

I bought my 49ers tickets on the day the single game tickets went on sale. If you miss out on this stubhub is a good resource but as RDS says , if it's apopular game tickets will be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Giants @ Cowboys in October. Might have a look to see if I can get to that. I imagine it'll be hectic enough, though.

Edit: Can get two nosebleeds for 100 each. Might try and get this sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Would love to see the Cowboys play the 49ers, Romo could have nightmares leading up to this opening game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Nice one for the Eagles hopefully - at home against the Jags.

Either a nice win to settle in (assuming the Jags are still as bad as ever) or else I'll know early on that we're on for a season of mediocrity.

Jaguars will be one of the most improved teams in the league this year IMO. They've solidified both lines in free agency which were some of their weakest areas. Gus Bradley knows what he's doing.

They still need a quarterback of course, but if Bridgewater falls to them they should be in dreamland with the chance to pick him. If not, it's likely they'll be able to take Clowney. Not a bad pick either!

Decent season in store for the Jags IMO.

Jaguars will be one of the most improved teams in the league this year IMO. They've solidified both lines in free agency which were some of their weakest areas. Gus Bradley knows what he's doing.

They still need a quarterback of course, but if Bridgewater falls to them they should be in dreamland with the chance to pick him. If not, it's likely they'll be able to take Clowney. Not a bad pick either!

I have penciled that game in as a "Win" for the Giants, and I blindly refuse to change my mind.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jags will be solid. Even with a QB they still lack weapons but they are certainly on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

i agree they look to be on the right track but compared to the rest of or schedule its definitely the easiest game we have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

have we all seen the Jills rules and the faux outrage?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Agree on the jags, frankly texans, titans and jags could easily come second in the division

This is great:

BmEiKuIIYAAfaCg.png

Credit to @bountybowl.

Nearly get that its own thread and have it stickied, its so handy.

49ers Fan sues everybody for $50m for not being able to buy championship game tickets

adrian522 wrote: »
    49ers Fan sues everybody for $50m for not being able to buy championship game tickets

Wouldn't surprise me if he got something from that lawsuit, as ridiculous as it is.

• Advertisement

continuing colourful charts... showing the time each teams QB is injured

AVkPHmi.png

Eli and Flacco are bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

The ones with the lowest percentages tend to be the youngest ones. Eli's a bit of an iron man it seems....always thought his pocket awareness was good, which probably helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

h2418922A

Eli and Flacco are bullet proof.

Rivers too.

Knex. wrote: »
    Rivers too.

Not sure how I missed that one. Yep, definitely.

Locker has missed almost half of his games :eek:

Love seeing Russell Wilson's ,"5", in among all those 6's

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Considering how bad the O-line has been in Baltimore recently Flacco has great durability. Some of the hits he took last year were scary.

Considering how bad the O-line has been in Baltimore recently Flacco has great durability. Some of the hits he took last year were scary.

You can certainly say the same for Eli. Two tough fellas, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

At 321 games (including post season), I don't think Farve needs to worry about losing his record. Probably the toughest SOB I've ever seen play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement