Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

where as my waters break with the baby on the way out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    where as my waters break with the baby on the way out..

They broke my waters in the labour ward on my first and second. It's all so different.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They broke mine on #3 when her heart rate dropped and she went for a nap!! she was born within minutes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Moonbeam wrote: »
    John Mason - hope you are ok and unlike us just capable of staying offline with your new bundle:)

lol, no bundle here yet. just been busy visiting friends and eating my body weight in food. making up for the last 9 months when food tasted like cardboard:)

was down in Kildare with a mutual buddy of ours on saturday night, then out to the folks for dinner on sunday, straight from there to the in-laws for round 2 of tea and dessert.

ended up in bed at 6.30pm because i was so full i coudnt breath but sure, we then we ended up having a bed picnic of chocolate and popcorn.

now lying on sofa checking out places to go for lunch:)

John Mason wrote: »
    lol, no bundle here yet. just been busy visiting friends and eating my body weight in food. making up for the last 9 months when food tasted like cardboard:)

was down in Kildare with a mutual buddy of ours on saturday night, then out to the folks for dinner on sunday, straight from there to the in-laws for round 2 of tea and dessert.

ended up in bed at 6.30pm because i was so full i coudnt breath but sure, we then we ended up having a bed picnic of chocolate and popcorn.

now lying on sofa checking out places to go for lunch:)

Sounds good :D Have you been to The Donkey Shed at Newbarn Farm before? I dunno if it's open today but it's lovely.

http://www.newbarnfarm.ie/restaurant.html

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Sounds good :D Have you been to The Donkey Shed at Newbarn Farm before? I dunno if it's open today but it's lovely.

http://www.newbarnfarm.ie/restaurant.html

yeah, thats one of staples for the last couple of years, himself actually suggested it today but i fancy a bit of a walk, so we are going here http://www.gourmetfoodparlour.com/index.php/restaurants/malahide

Oh that looks lovely, enjoy.

I think I'm just going to dress the girls and let them out into the garden to play for a while in the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congratulations to all the April parents and babies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Looks like there are a lot of regulars due in April aren't there?! Best of luck everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Waters went as I pushed jack out and Lucy was born in her waters they tell me she's gonna be lucky and work with water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Waters went as I pushed jack out and Lucy was born in her waters they tell me she's gonna be lucky and work with water

Having a baby born in her caul is considered incredibly lucky, that's wonderful! Fishermen used to carry pieces of a birthed caul to keep them safe from harm on the seas :)

In hs for 39 week check up.

Something happened this morning, got in my car, reversed out of driveway and the left side of my torso went in to total spasm. Didn't realised there was so many speed ramps between Finglas and hs.

Was nearly pulling over at one point and getting himself to rescue me but it has gone now. They checked for infection but all clear.

This isn't my normal clinic and it seems very disorganized compared to the Monday clinic.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon in Vincent's this morning as well, so need to be out quick.

Omg, they still haven't called anyone. I am normally on my way home at this stage.

Getting seriously pissed off now.

I woke up this morning thinking I was ment to be in the clinic getting my induction date. I really won't miss been away from there hate the sitting around. You should ask at reception what's going on

Aww you poor pet :( hopefully baba is here really soon

The clinics after a bank holiday are usually manic, thankfully I've never had to negotiate one but will today.

Fingers crossed my cervix is favourable for a sweep today, or even for them to admit me and break my waters... if not I'll be booked for c section.

Good luck today ladies. Hopefully all will get moving for ye in the next 48 hours.

Life with two babies is good most of the time but this morning hell broke loose. Thankfully ones gone for a nap and the other is feeding

Just arrived in Vincents. All good with baby, just said see you next week.

So doesn't look like I am going anywhere soon lol

I think baby has dropped a bit, have a really sharp pain down low when I walk but he is still in my ribs kicking away :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

The clinics after a bank holiday are usually manic, thankfully I've never had to negotiate one but will today.

Fingers crossed my cervix is favourable for a sweep today, or even for them to admit me and break my waters... if not I'll be booked for c section.

How far over are you now? :-)

Had a crazy night last night.....started getting pains in my lower back and tummy throughout the day but ignored it as ive gotten this alot in the last few weeks, then last night it got more intense and wouldnt go away with the usual things that would normally make in stop when ive gotten it before.
    So I started timing it and it started an hour and half apart, then an hour then 45 mins, and was lasting longer each time, baba was also going crazy and squirming around sooo much which kept making the pain worse, then at about 3am I fell asleep, only woke up once or twice with mild pain after that and nothing else up to now!??
    I am 1 day overdue and was fairly convinced that labour was beginning but now nothing, bar some mild pain in my lower tummy and sharp pains in my nether regions! If it wasnt labour then what was it?? im so confused, so fed up of my body playing tricks! grrrrr

Hope you are all doing well at your appointments, wish I had one today so I could ask what the hell is going on!??.....Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Sunday night I kept waking up soaked from head to toe and had to get changed a few times. My mother said this happened to her with 3 out of her 5 the night before she went into labour. So when I got pains last night I really thought that was it! I needed the loo quite a lot and felt really sick. Couldn't sleep I felt so bad and was sooo nervous! I was bouncing away on my ball until half two and fell asleep a while after that.
    I'm now two days overdue and the doctor offered to do a sweep this morning. I agreed, but OH MY GOD I am now more terrified than ever before. I always thought I could handle pain well, but if that already hurt so much, what the hell is labour going to be like????!!!! I'm scared and could cry just thinking about the amount of pain I will have to go through soon.

Doctor said to keep bouncing on the ball and go for walks, but booked me in for a scan next Tuesday and an induction next Thursday if nothing happens until then.

dottybows wrote: »
    Sunday night I kept waking up soaked from head to toe and had to get changed a few times. My mother said this happened to her with 3 out of her 5 the night before she went into labour. So when I got pains last night I really thought that was it! I needed the loo quite a lot and felt really sick. Couldn't sleep I felt so bad and was sooo nervous! I was bouncing away on my ball until half two and fell asleep a while after that.
    I'm now two days overdue and the doctor offered to do a sweep this morning. I agreed, but OH MY GOD I am now more terrified than ever before. I always thought I could handle pain well, but if that already hurt so much, what the hell is labour going to be like????!!!! I'm scared and could cry just thinking about the amount of pain I will have to go through soon.

Doctor said to keep bouncing on the ball and go for walks, but booked me in for a scan next Tuesday and an induction next Thursday if nothing happens until then.

Oh dear! Its frustrating I know, I feel your pain! I am due to egt a sweep tomorrow morning, ill be two days over then, is it really that painful?? I was hoping it would just be uncomfortable!?? :-(

It's only supposed to be painful if you're not very favourable, if your body is ready it's just discomfort really.

I'm 2 days over now too. Still not favourable... back next Monday where they will do another vaginal exam and if no progress I'll be booked for c section the next day. If they can break my waters they'll book me in to do that but she said it's not looking good and because of my previous c section they can't use prostin gels to soften the cervix.

I've never been this far over before, it's annoying!

Boys !! Seriously they like to turn up when it suits them !!! Caol was 2 weeks later then my girls .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Oh dear! Its frustrating I know, I feel your pain! I am due to egt a sweep tomorrow morning, ill be two days over then, is it really that painful?? I was hoping it would just be uncomfortable!?? :-(

I'm sorry I really didn't mean to scare you. It only hurt while she did it and as soon as I told her to stop it was fine. She said to tell her if it hurts too much.

dottybows wrote: »
    I'm sorry I really didn't mean to scare you. It only hurt while she did it and as soon as I told her to stop it was fine. She said to tell her if it hurts too much.

Dont be sorry at all its good to hear these things, to prepare!! I had my sweep done this morning and thankfully it wasnt too bad, my cervix is very soft and I am 1cm dilated so that may be why it didnt hurt too much.

They are going to leave me another week to see if I progress myself, if not then they will book me in to be induced, I am praying with the sweep and my cervix being dilated that Ill go myself very soon!!
    The only not so great thing is that babas head is still a little high :-( they are waiting til labour to see if it comes down enough but if I go into labour and its still high ill have to get a section :-(

Im off to bounce on my ball for the rest of the day, get this baba shifted!! Haha!

Was in hs this morning for the Genesis scan. Fluid is on the low side. Back in on Monday morning for another scan, have been told yo bring my bag just in case

Guestboarder - it's a really good sign that you are already 1cm dilated, means you'll more than likely go on your own soon :) I wouldn't worry about the head being high up either, that can all change in no time at all.

John Mason - Hopefully things are ok for you. Fingers crossed everything goes well on Monday.

I had a show this morning after eating a chicken madras last night (and being up all night vomiting and basically running to the loo every 5 minutes). Haven't had a niggle since but hopefully it means my cervix is getting itself ready for labour and they'll at least be able to break my waters on Monday!

Guestboarder - it's a really good sign that you are already 1cm dilated, means you'll more than likely go on your own soon :) I wouldn't worry about the head being high up either, that can all change in no time at all.

John Mason - Hopefully things are ok for you. Fingers crossed everything goes well on Monday.

I had a show this morning after eating a chicken madras last night (and being up all night vomiting and basically running to the loo every 5 minutes). Haven't had a niggle since but hopefully it means my cervix is getting itself ready for labour and they'll at least be able to break my waters on Monday!

Thanks January, heres hoping! Think you are about as overdue as myself at this stage, sounds like we are both almost there! Fingers crossed for you for Monday but hopefully you might go before then!
    Thats good that you got a show, the curry must have pushed it along, along its unfortunate that it pushed everything else too, no fun! :-(

• Advertisement

How are we all getting on ladies??

Any more April babies?

Advertisement