Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

Thanks flippy, im trying to plan what I eat so I don't go too overboard and yet stay full, breakfast is toast or porridge then a mandarin or banana, lunch could be salad and yoghurt and dinner could be omelette or grill with more fruit.. Cannot be kept satisfied!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cbeamy wrote: »
    Thanks flippy, im trying to plan what I eat so I don't go too overboard and yet stay full, breakfast is toast or porridge then a mandarin or banana, lunch could be salad and yoghurt and dinner could be omelette or grill with more fruit.. Cannot be kept satisfied!

That's sounds great! I'm trying to get my fruit in with a mid morning smoothie. Just started this week hope I keep it up! When I was pregnant with my toddler I found it so hard to eat fruit later in pregnancy because I had awful heartburn! So trying to eat as much as poss now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

best to get it in now so mrs whnen you can stomach it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

How are all you November ladies getting on?
    I had my 9 week scan on Tuesday, my little ones are measuring a day ahead and have strong heartbeats. Got to hear them for the first time too. So amazing! They were even starting to wriggle around.

How's everyone's symptoms?
    I have had absolutely zero, I'm grateful for it but wouldn't mind a daily reminder that I am actually pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

How are all you November ladies getting on?
    I had my 9 week scan on Tuesday, my little ones are measuring a day ahead and have strong heartbeats. Got to hear them for the first time too. So amazing! They were even starting to wriggle around.

How's everyone's symptoms?
    I have had absolutely zero, I'm grateful for it but wouldn't mind a daily reminder that I am actually pregnant!

I had my scan in the hospital at 9 weeks and all looks fine, They wouldn't date my pregnancy though as it's too early so I'm back in 3 weeks for another scan!
    My main symptom has been tiredness but that's getting better in the last week.

I already have a little bump my work trousers are extremely uncomfortable at the moment!

Did you have a private scan or one in the hospital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

lainycool wrote: »
    I had my scan in the hospital at 9 weeks and all looks fine, They wouldn't date my pregnancy though as it's too early so I'm back in 3 weeks for another scan!
    My main symptom has been tiredness but that's getting better in the last week.

I already have a little bump my work trousers are extremely uncomfortable at the moment!

Did you have a private scan or one in the hospital?

Had a scan, also too early to date but looks like the 1st week in Nov! Little earlier than I thought.

Most of the symptoms have gone in the last week, except for the major tiredness! And tight clothes :-)

I was given my edd at my first scan which was 6w6d. But as it's twins I suppose it's not as important as will more than likely be a lot earlier.
    I did a clear out the other day and was left with only 1 pair of jeans! I am pretty slim to begin with so the bump is a lot more obvious.
    Going to be hard to hide until 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Hi all I'm going to join in here as I was lingering in Oct but at what I thought was my 12 wk appt the scan put me more at 11 wks so due 1st Nov. And if this ones like my first they'll prob want to hang in for an extra while too! Everyone know what they're having? I'm going to leave it as surprise but already I think it's a boy.... Don't know why, could be wishful thinking for hubby as we already have a girl (whos first word was shooooes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I have my first scan on May 1st.. cant wait. I have a little bump already and with bloating i look about 6 months :eek: I'm a size 10 normally but i can't even button the looser of my jeans :mad::( i spent 4 months nursing a busted knee so couldnt get to the gym.. got the all clear to go back 3 weeks ago. I have a couple of weeks of rehab for muscle waste on my right leg and then i can go hell for leather :pac: tiredness allowing of course.

I haven't been given a due date, but i'm somewhere in the 13th to 17th region.. plus 14 days I might even make it to December :eek: Only 1 of my children was born in the month they were due, 1 even made it to the next year !! :D So due dates are a bit hit and miss with me anyway :rolleyes:

I have 24 hour nausea and the tiredness hits me every few hours and theres nothing for it but hit the couch and try to nap.. i find if i have a very busy day the next day I'm just flattened.. course, running around after the 4 i have leaves very few calm hours in a day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

hey ladies, said I'd join this group since none of my friends have babies or are expecting so they don't have much interest in all things pregnancy!

my EDD is 15th Nov so still early days, only 10wks 3dys. this is my second pregnancy, my little girl is 6yrs so trying to mask my symptoms as best I can. We want to hold off telling her for another few weeks yet, although if my waistline keeps expanding at its current rapid rate we might have no choice!! When did everyone else tell their kids?

I've had a few issues already so had a scan at 8wks and thankfully everything was fine, however the problem didnt really go away as such so went to doc today to make sure everything was still ok and heard my baby's heartbeat to both the delight and surprise of me and my doctor. Such a beautiful sound and a huge relief!

Other than that its been a pretty normal pregnancy so far with plenty of nausea and tiredness! thankfully its starting to ease off now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Hi, I'm due Nov 4th, this is our first baby, it's soooo exciting. I've been lucky so far, a little queasy and tired every now and then but not too bad. Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Possibly a silly question, but just wondering if anyone else is finding that although they're not showing yet, a big meal makes much more of an impact that before? I'm just over 10 weeks and it's my first pregnancy so there's no bump to speak of yet. But if I overdo it at dinner, suddenly I'm all belly! I've invested in some "drapey" tops from Next to disguise this at work ;)

yes i have that problem too! I will admit I still had a bit of a belly from my first pregnancy but after a meal I currently look about 5 months!!! :O

i think its normal enough to get quite bloated though early on so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've read that it's quite impossible to show before 12 weeks on your first as the uterus is still low in the pelvis. But it's growing and pushing everything that's usually there upwards. Having said that, this is my first and I've been steadily growing out wards for the last two weeks.

Hi ladies! I was on a few weeks again worried that I had symptoms that disappeared, alls going well so far! Had a scan at 10 weeks and it was lovely to see baby so active moving their little arms about! Booking visit this week!! Orchidsrpretty congrats on the twins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 feather1

Hi ladies,
    I'm new to boards. A friend suggested this forum for a good place for advice and support.
    My EDD is November 8th. Our dating scan is tomorrow so might get a little clearer picture.

This is my first and I couldnt be more excited. I've been struggling the last three months with the morning sickness and fatigue. Its put some strain on my relationship with my husband. Our first anniversary is this Saturday. I wasn't really prepared for how hard it was going to be during these first three months!!! Fully ready for the hard work when baby arrived, but didnt expect it before. Probably silly on my part. Was just wondering how to keep the intimacy in our relationship even though I'm miles away from actually doing the deed!!

feather1 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    I'm new to boards. A friend suggested this forum for a good place for advice and support.
    My EDD is November 8th. Our dating scan is tomorrow so might get a little clearer picture.

This is my first and I couldnt be more excited. I've been struggling the last three months with the morning sickness and fatigue. Its put some strain on my relationship with my husband. Our first anniversary is this Saturday. I wasn't really prepared for how hard it was going to be during these first three months!!! Fully ready for the hard work when baby arrived, but didnt expect it before. Probably silly on my part. Was just wondering how to keep the intimacy in our relationship even though I'm miles away from actually doing the deed!!

Hey Feather1. Congratulations!! If it's any consolation, you are probably closer than you know to doing the deed! The second trimester is when a lot of couples find they have a better sex life than ever ever before!!!

Hi ladies,

Congratulations and enjoy your scan tomorrow!
    I think your libido will come back in the 2nd trimester, I find you are just so tired in the 1st trimester it's a struggle to do anything let alone that ha.

I'm sure your husband understands, It's tiring work growing a baby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 feather1

Hey Feather1. Congratulations!! If it's any consolation, you are probably closer than you know to doing the deed! The second trimester is when a lot of couples find they have a better sex life than ever ever before!!!

I hope you right!!! We are suppose to be in around 12.5wks tomorrow. I can't wait for this first trimester to be over!!!! And to get back our groove!!!!

I hope you right!!! We are suppose to be in around 12.5wks tomorrow. I can't wait for this first trimester to be over!!!! And to get back our groove!!!!

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow! The first trimester is definetly tough, imo the toughest of the lot!! Your husband won't know what's hit him! Don't put too much pressure on yourself until you feel its right!!

• Advertisement

I think I'm the other extreme.... Lying in bed beside my husband extremely frustrated and not a thing I can do about it! Told to avoid any intercourse until at least 14 weeks and they will review things then but given the issue in my previous pregnancy I don't think they will be changing their minds!!!! That's like 7 months plus add on the time after birth! Oh god :(

I must really have all the opposite pregnancy symptoms. I've felt completely normal with no symptoms at all. And my libido has shot through the roof. I'm dreaming of it almost every night and can't get enough! Looking forward to the second trimester I guess I will feel better than I have ever have! Hope my boyfriend will be able to keep up:)

Anyone else using a Doppler? I got the hi bebe bt200 on Sunday, I could hear both babies heartbeats but tried again yesterday and couldn't. I'm not too worried as I had weighed up the facts that sometimes you can't hear it depending on how the babies are lying etc, but it's still pretty frustrating.

I must really have all the opposite pregnancy symptoms. I've felt completely normal with no symptoms at all. And my libido has shot through the roof. I'm dreaming of it almost every night and can't get enough! Looking forward to the second trimester I guess I will feel better than I have ever have! Hope my boyfriend will be able to keep up:)

Anyone else using a Doppler? I got the hi bebe bt200 on Sunday, I could hear both babies heartbeats but tried again yesterday and couldn't. I'm not too worried as I had weighed up the facts that sometimes you can't hear it depending on how the babies are lying etc, but it's still pretty frustrating.

I wouldn't worry about not picking up the heartbeats, When I used to go to the doctor on my 1st pregnancy even they found it hard sometimes to pick up, That would of been before 20 weeks!

That's the very reason I wouldn't get a doppler as you freak yourself out when you can't pick the heartbeats up.

12 weeks today yippee!
    Energy levels you are welcome to return now :-)

Yeah, slightly regretting it now. Will try put it away for another week or so. Have midwife appointment next week. Will she listen to the heartbeats or do a scan or anything like that? I have a hospital scan 2 days later so probably not?

Congrats Lainey on 12 weeks! Hopefully you will be in tip top form for the next 3 months anyway! I can't wait for that milestone, another week for me.

Yeah, slightly regretting it now. Will try put it away for another week or so. Have midwife appointment next week. Will she listen to the heartbeats or do a scan or anything like that? I have a hospital scan 2 days later so probably not?

Congrats Lainey on 12 weeks! Hopefully you will be in tip top form for the next 3 months anyway! I can't wait for that milestone, another week for me.

They didn't use doppler on me until I hit 17 weeks as they said it would only worry me if they couldn't pick him up.
    Don't worry before you know you will be able to feel your little babies move around :-)

Had my booking appointment today, my dates are spot on :D 12 weeks and 0 days today. Got to see the little one jumping around on the screen, looks like an active one, I'm already dreading the big kicks later on..!! I'll be black and blue :pac:
    Still haven't told anyone.. dunno who to tell first.. My 15 yo was asking me what i was doing at the hospital today.. I told her i was having more physio on my knee, she got all disappointed and when i asked her why she said 'I thought you were pregnant!!' hahaha I nearly laughed..!
    The hospital got very efficient since i was last there 2 years ago.. i was reading all my notes about the last 2 births.. OMG i was back in the delivery room sweating and moaning.. :eek: i can't believe i'm back here again :D loving it

Yay 12 weeks today!! Feels great to reach this little milestone given the problems I've had! :D

I'm dying to tell my daughter cos she's an only child at the min and since she could talk she wanted a sibling! She's 6 now so I know she will be delighted. I might just wait til I get my scan in a few weeks though before telling her. It's gonna be tough though.... I already have a nice bump forming. Just as we'll she's not the most observant!!

Hope everyone else is doing good and enjoying the lovely weather these days! It certainly made me forget about the tiredness for a while!

Congrats Natty_asha and Cybrd on reaching 12 weeks! When are you going to have your next scan? I have reached 12weeks today and feel like I have just gotten over some invisible line.. I have an anomaly scan this week so fingers crossed everything is going to be ok. I am still getting moments of panic as I still can't quite believe that I am actually going to have some babies! My body has begun to show signs, my boobs are bursting out of every bra I own and I had to stop wearing my "own" clothes a couple of weeks ago. Feels so nice to be showing some signs of pregnancy, makes it feel like its not all in my head :)

We had a bbq yesterday to celebrate with our families and it was so lovely, it was really the first time that I have had "baby" conversations. While it did become a little overwhelming after a while it was still really nice to feel like part of a club, if that makes sense!

Ive still been using the doppler with limited results. I haven't been using it every day but sometimes I check and can hear them straight away and others I would spend about 10mins looking and can't find anything, and then might try again 1hr or 2hr later and find them straight away. So I am not at all worried now when I can't locate them, they are busy little things and have lots of places to hide right now. I am glad I have it though as it is so nice to be able to hear.

Thanks orchidspretty, although you almost expect the nausea and tiredness to melt away the morning you reach 12 weeks. I think its there to remind you you're pregnant til u get a bump :D

We took the kids walking yesterday in a forest park that had little tree swings and climbing things dotted around the place. I was told to get off the rope climbing frame twice.. :D the kids were looking funny at my partner cos they don't know yet and it would be usual practice for me to be halfway up a tree with them!! My eldest girl straight out asked me was i pregnant.. I had to deny it cos she has exams coming up and i want her to concentrate on that, plus its just too long for them to wait.. 28+ weeks..
    Although my tummy is remembering the shape pregnant is.. :eek: may not get away with it much longer..
    I have a night out on Friday night with my adopted family.. (they've minded my kids for the last 15 years and we've been adopted :pac:) I won't get away with not having a glass of wine or champagne so i might bite the bullet and say it to them this week... the slagging i'm in for :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

How is everyone getting on? Very quiet in here! Must be all busy sharing your news! Everyone knows about our news, such a lovely feeling!
    Has anyone starting buying stuff? I know it super early, but I'm finding it hard to resist. We plan on baby wearing and using cloth nappies so through all my research I have come across some really pretty items. I know they will be still be there in a few months but I want them now!

Advertisement