Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Disgustingly biased interview with CPS (Warning, rage inducing video!)

• 11-09-2013 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Not really an interview, more like a kangaroo court. Really hard to watch without getting angry. The worst example of a social worker I've ever seen:
    I'm so impressed with the guy for keeping his cool, You have to think they were just trying to get a reaction out of him so they could put that in their report but he didn't take the bait. Seems she can barely go for ten seconds without lying or making false allegations. What do people make of her body language, I'm not expert but it seems completely wrong right from the very first second. Lots more info on the case here: http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/government-tyranny/anyas-abusers/
    To begin with, the hostile, officious CPS worker, the obese woman in the purple sweater who held herself up as a nutrition, medication, child psychology and legal expert, all rolled up into one, is Amy Greene of Ulster County Child Protective Services. The other woman is Kelly Whittaker, also of UC CPS.
    I really hope she has lost her job by now and isn't still doing this to men on a daily basis. BTW, those in the video work for Ulster County CPS (New York state). Here's the text posted below the video on youtube:
    In the middle of custody proceedings, CPS (Child Protective Services) upon an anonymous called-in complaint, swoops in and charges me with child neglect and inadequate guardianship. This video was taken during an hour long interrogation of me, microanalysing my every otherwise perfectly normal interactions with my daughter, and somehow trying to spin it to make it look evil and incompetent. These were not helpful suggestions or counseling, but edicts imposed upon threat of, and in fact the eventual, removal of my daughter from my life, which they did 5 days after this video was taken. Their charges consisted of my going to McDonalds with my daughter (5 times in three months), having chicken McNuggets, letting her have sugar-free soda and decaf coffee, weighing her on our bathroom scale, and responding to her alarming symptoms to an unknown medication by trying to look it up on the internet with her. For this, they filed a petition in Family Court and took her away from me, slapped a restraining order on me to stay away from her, and effectively gave her mother custody without a custody trial. It should be noted that none of the things they charged me with constitute neglect, and are in fact normal parenting discretions and care that millions of parents do with their kids every day. The fact that this specious court action against me was effected right in the middle of a custody dispute was no accident, and was timed to affirmatively interfere in that proceeding, so as to prejudice the proceedings against me, and give de facto custody to the mother. It might be noted that this particular charge was eventually overturned, dismissed and sealed on administrative appeal, but only after months of my child being taken away from me during which time I was viewed by all I knew as a suspected child abuser. It might also be noted that it was the second of three cases CPS has, so far, launched against me, all either dismissed or found in my favor. The gender discrimination was palpable in this CPS agency, who believed their goal was to ensure custody to mothers, and that men are incapable of taking care of their children. They accomplish this by misusing their public trust, abusing the powers of the state, and officially pillorying fathers via frivolous charges, but charges that would nonetheless each time result in a restraining order keeping me away from my child, and lasting for months or years while they accomplished their real agenda in assisting mothers to win custody. (It is evidenced even here, by their total dismissal and unconcern of several things the mother did, that easily raise to the level of neglect - abandoning our child and leaving her locked out of the apt., not informing me of serious psychiatric medications she is on while I had her on visits, and a month later again losing our kid in a department store. These were of no concern to CPS, but our McDonalds visits or soda drinking was. Their gender prejudice is so embedded, they don't even see it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Makes you glad that Irish women have more sense than to take "gender studies" in such high numbers as their American counterparts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Sleepy wrote: »
    Makes you glad that Irish women have more sense than to take "gender studies" in such high numbers as their American counterparts.

correct, as one-eyed as that crowd are here. they have an even more malignant and pervasive presence in North America

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mickeydazzler

"Happy and healthy adult" - this applies to neither of these two...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ok granted that we're really only hearing one side to the story but you'd really have to feel sorry for the child and the father in that situation. There's something amiss when the father is apparently not supposed to know what meds his child is on when she is in his care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jesus, you would imagine any parent who leaves their child with either the other parent or childcare or school or whatever would want the adult in charge to know exactly what meds the child was on so that they would know exactly what to do "should" the worst ever happen.
    I can't see their logic here at all.
    I only found out I had asthma when I was 12, I remember my teachers knowing about it, if we went on school trips etc I was asked if I had an inhaler on me etc etc. a few times.
    You would imagine that's just good practice.
    Certainly will be the way if I ever have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm extremely reluctant to press play as I know it will infuriate me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

CPS are the finer instruments of facism. The only people who can your kids away from you without a judge and jury.

Unfortunately we have knobheads who keep voting in big government.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 harrietharmman

Anyoen else having technical issues with this aection of boards.ie? I find that most sub-forums work fine, but for the the Gentleman's club is in text only mode for some reason. I've tried changing a bunch of settings in the control panel but it hasn't made any difference. I can't even see the video I posted above.

(My computer runs the latest versions of OS x and fully up to date Firefox too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Awful. Wrong on so many levels, the poor dad :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

This really makes me despair. There remains a shocking level of gender inequality in terms of parental rights, probably the most deeply ingrained and yet glaringly obvious example gender inequality that exists in developed countries today. Despite this, there's comparatively tiny levels of public discourse about the issue itself and any prospective changing of the culture and legal system that facilitates it.

Anyoen else having technical issues with this aection of boards.ie? I find that most sub-forums work fine, but for the the Gentleman's club is in text only mode for some reason. I've tried changing a bunch of settings in the control panel but it hasn't made any difference. I can't even see the video I posted above.

(My computer runs the latest versions of OS x and fully up to date Firefox too.)

it's playing grand on my laptop and on my phone, don't understand how come it's not working for you tbh.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Perhaps you have installed a browser extension that blocks out reprehensible displays of ignorance online.

The video in the OP is ridiculous, incredibly underhanded questioning while displaying a total lack of will to listen to the answers. Foolish to suggest that a parent or childminder should not have any information regarding the special needs/medication of a child. Such a petty exertion of control over the child on behalf of the mother and state.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the wagon's body language is something else

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

is it just me then that doesn't see what the social worker is doing wrong ?

They guy sounds like a idiot, he must have already done something pretty idiotic that he is only allowed 8 hrs a week with his kid and the ex has a restraining order against him.

it sounds like they are telling him to stop freaking the kid out by talking about the medication she has to take. he doesn't know what it is but he is telling her about possible side affects so that she is afraid to take the meds when she goes home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

limitedIQ wrote: »

They guy sounds like a idiot, he must have already done something pretty idiotic that he is only allowed 8 hrs a week with his kid and the ex has a restraining order against him.

it sounds like they are telling him to stop freaking the kid out by talking about the medication she has to take. he doesn't know what it is but he is telling her about possible side affects so that she is afraid to take the meds when she goes home.

You don't see anything wrong with her needlessly antagonistic and condescending tone, along with constant nit picking of everything the father says? This CPS worker acts like a prosecuting lawyer in a trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Standman wrote: »
    You don't see anything wrong with her needlessly antagonistic and condescending tone, along with constant nit picking of everything the father says? This CPS worker acts like a prosecuting lawyer in a trial.

They do this to women too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

limitedIQ wrote: »

Probably get a ban but meh, you've got an apt username.

titan18 wrote: »
    Probably get a ban but meh, you've got an apt username.
    Mod:
    You'll get a warning this time round, attack the post not the poster from now on.

Five days after the video was shot the father even lost his 8 hours contact per week thanks to the report written by the two CPS Nazis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Five days after the video was shot the father even lost his 8 hours contact per week thanks to the report written by the two CPS Nazis
    You would imagine that the video can be used in his defence against that decision

You'd like to think that a video like the one we've seen, when presented to a superior power, would justify getting that decision overturned on account of the decision being made by somebody who, from what I can see, is aggressive, condescending and a person who seemed to put her argument being stronger over what benefits the child in question in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

There's something not quite right here, he said himself that this is the 3rd time the CPS have pursued him in court.

Nothing excuses such belligerent behaviour from the SW though but as a previous user pointed out, social workers with an aggressive style don't save their attitude exclusively for males.

There's now a petition to have that disgusting woman fired. Please sign and share it:

http://www.change.org/petitions/ulster-county-social-services-remove-amy-greene-as-a-social-case-worker

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Totally shocked at this clip and have not yet fully comprehended that it can possibly be reality. It looks and sounds for all the world so immature and quite primitive in it's presentation. How was it filmed and am sure that yes, it could be produced as evidence against the lack of professionalism. The whole thing and how it was executed does not seem right and if it is reality, then it is even more frightening to think that people like those two are employed in such a profession. Surely someone would have reported their attitudes before it got to this stage, well one would think.

I hope that this woman is kept at a safe distance from all of the caring professions and also that she is adequately prosecuted for her psychological bullying and totally unethical handling of the issue at hand. Instant dismissal springs to mind here, unless the whole thing is a hoax of some kind.

If I were confronted with any official with that attitude she would not have gained my attention or any response after the first sentence and she would have been immediately reported to the correct body. To give this seriously obese supposed professional with serious issues all that air time, whilst demonstrating an almost saintly tolerance level is also hardly credible.

No, in this day and age and in every civilized country, serious measures and practices are in place to deal with children's medication, in nurseries and schools, where staff have to be provided with certain information and abide by the necessary and legal procedures to protect both the child and themselves. Such things are strictly controlled and managed in this day and age. It just does not ring true somehow.

"If I were confronted with any official with that attitude she would not have gained my attention or any response after the first sentence and she would have been immediately reported to the correct body."

the problem is that she has so much power, were he to refuse to talk to her then that would go in her report and he'd be barred from seeing his daughter for that reason (though of course she'll clearly make up any reason for that to happen anyhow so perhaps nothing to lose either way).

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Yes, I take your point, but people simply can't be expected to tolerate and deal with that type of treatment just out of fear, as that is tantamount to giving this bully and others like her the power to continue and even to become more aggressive, if given a free rein.

I wonder if the poor guy had simply closed the conversation and gone straight and reported her, then surely they would have to follow it up and it would not jeopardize his case,but the whole scenario just seemed unbelievable. The woman came across as someone who had not even the most basic training, communication skills and does anyone know how it came to be filmed I wonder.

I am intrigued by it and how that guy displayed such amazing tolerance and didn't once even ask the woman if she could please refrain from using accusative and aggressive language for the conversation to continue on a balanced level. I mean, it must have been so blatantly clear to him from the onset that he might as well have been talking to a wall, as she was clearly out to demoralize him.

It seems unlikely that this guy was the first person who had to deal with this behavior and how nobody complained is just a mystery. They say, we only get what we tolerate, so where did this man think that line of conversation was going to get him in his desperate quest for more clarity on his daughter's medication. There was clearly a complete lack of communication between the child's parents in this regard and I for one, as her father, would not be looking up the medication on a website, but going straight to her doctor for these vitally important details.

Hope so much that this kind of thing is not a regular occurrence in the supposedly advanced American system, when dealing with vulnerable children and adults.

I naively thought the opposite and always imagined that every sector of their society were high on people skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tsiehta

There's something not quite right here, he said himself that this is the 3rd time the CPS have pursued him in court.
    Agreed. We haven't heard both sides of the story. I believe that there are certain biases against fathers in the system, but you can't just take his word for it that he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

Also, while he had the right to know what she was taking, reading side effects of medication his daughter was on to her is a bizarre and scary thing to do to a child. Weighing her when she visited and trying to make out that her mother was negligent with regards what she was feeding her is also strange. Something seems a bit off here.
    Nothing excuses such belligerent behaviour from the SW though but as a previous user pointed out, social workers with an aggressive style don't save their attitude exclusively for males.
    Also agreed. You can't say it's biased unless you have multiple videos of CPS workers clearly showing a bias in the way they are treating men and women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Dear gods, I don't know how he didn't leave.
    Listening to her I want to punch her.

"is it just me then that doesn't see what the social worker is doing wrong ?" A few things just off the top of my head. 1. Her body language is completely hostile from the first second. 2. Her tone of voice is attacking and confrontational 3. She repeatedly lies about the drinks the father gives his daughter, describing them as "empty calories" and energy drink. This continues even after she is corrected. 4. She denies that the father has the right to know what medication his daughter is on, this again is a lie (or ignorance). It's basic common sense that a carer should know about such medications. 5. She doesn't know the first thing about obesity, stating that the morbidly obese weight figure quoted by the father is "normal". 6. She shows zero interest in abuses/negligence by the mother. 7. She's more concerned that the father rights his child than the fact a 7 year old is being given extremely powerful Parkinson's causing drugs which aren't even suitable for children.! It's clear that this woman is sexist and just sides with the mother for fun, whatever the facts. Taken as a whole, the video suggests that she has absolutely no interest in the truth, nor the welfare of the child and is simply determined to blame all the child's problems on the father, despite the fact he spends so little time with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

tsiehta wrote: »
    Weighing her when she visited and trying to make out that her mother was negligent with regards what she was feeding her is also strange. Something seems a bit off here.

His daughter is obese, he gets her for 8 hours a week so it is not likely those 8 hours are responsible for the daughers weight problem and yet he is getting blamed for it by the CPS workers.

Do you not think it makes more sense that the diet the child receives during the other 160 hours of the week she is under her mothers care is more likely the cause for the childs obesity? And as a parent the father has a right to be concerned about it?

The video now has 270K views, keep on spreading the word everyone!