Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of sympathy over killing of Roma girl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

amdublin wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!!!!

You do not speak for me:

I do not attempt to speak for you , as i said i feel sorry for the poor girl ,if you read my post again you will see that, the point i am making is the romanys are thieves and scumbags that even the irish itinerants are afraid of them .
    I hope her killer / killers are caught but i doubt it as they are probably long gone .

Tell me this , do you know anyone that has been robbed or assaulted by the roma gypsys as i know plenty of pensioners who have been terrorised in there homes by them and my sympathies lie with those people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Speak for yourself!!!!

You do not speak for me:

I do not attempt to speak for you , as i said i feel sorry for the poor girl ,if you read my post again you will see that, the point i am making is the romanys are thieves and scumbags that even the irish itinerants are afraid of them .
    I hope her killer / killers are caught but i doubt it as they are probably long gone .

Tell me this , do you know anyone that has been robbed or assaulted by the roma gypsys as i know plenty of pensioners who have been terrorised in there homes by them and my sympathies lie with those people.
    Roma father and son attempted to mug me once - what's your point? I'm still utterly haunted and chilled by the horrific ordeal this girl suffered, because she was a human being, who felt pain and terror and desperation and loneliness. The relevance of her ethnicity = zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,115 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So all the Romas are responsible for crimes ? Just like lemmings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

With the state of our country we are now pre occupied with paying mortgages and keeping our children fed etc and not the brutal murder of a roma gypsy.

I didn't realise we had a limit on the number of things we could show an interest in. Thanks for letting me know--here's me thinking of what a horrible and unnecessary death a teenage girl was subjected to when really I should concentrate on my rent (no mortgage) and keeping the house clean (no children*).

Thanks again. I really would have wasted a lot of time in future troubling myself with things like empathy and regard for human life. Great time-saver.

*I won't even bother to point out at length the irony of somebody who has kids not being able to empathise with her poor father, mother or brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's something I really don't like about Irish society. We have an amazing ability to see no evil and hear no evil when it is something that is impacting on the 'lower classes'.

We did it all through the 1930s-70s (and later) by totally ignoring the plight of all sorts of people who were locked up in horrendous conditions in "Industrial Schools", Magdalene Laundries, and various other crazy establishments.

We are currently ignoring the drugs epidemic in some of our cities, accepting gang crime as a fact of life, doing sweet f*** all about sex trafficking and pretending it doesn't happen and our child protection services are as dire as ever and nobody seems particularly outraged.

Also, I think with the health system, part of the problem is that the private system's OK, so most people (certainly those with the ability to make things happen) don't get up in arms about the public system so nothing gets done.

We have to wake up and start seeing ourselves as a society. The fact that anyone in Ireland was attacked like this is an absolute disgrace and we should be outraged.

I'm not sure how we should express this outrage, as there's no focal point, but the main stream media could have done more than just gloss over it which is all they really did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I do not attempt to speak for you , as i said i feel sorry for the poor girl ,if you read my post again you will see that, the point i am making is the romans are thieves and scumbags that even the irish itinerants are afraid of them .

Tell me this , do you know anyone that has been robbed or assaulted by the roma gypsies as i know plenty of pensioners who have been terrorised in there homes by them and my sympathies lie with those people.

Her alleged killers are well known, and one of them has already being charged with the unfortunate girls murder and one other is going state witness.So hopefully they will be long gone................to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Speak for yourself!!!!

You do not speak for me:

Even the Irish itinerants wow how much bias can you fit into one paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

bluewolf wrote: »
    we're all the same in death

Only by virtue of being dead -otherwise we are still the same person, with the same name and nationality we held before we died. Being dead doesn't suddenly put someone on a par with Bin Laden because he's dead too and I wish people would quit this 'In the end, we're all the same anyway' when it's living that counts and the memories that remain that still serve to make you unique from every other dead person on the planet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

So all the Romas are responsible for crimes ?

I would never usually say something like this,but yes.yes they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

All of them? How are you privy to this info? Oh wait, you're not. Doesn't seem an unusual thing for you to say at all though.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    All of them? How are you privy to this info? Oh wait, you're not. Doesn't seem an unusual thing for you to say at all though.

every one of them,they aren't irish so they're clearly criminals,everybody knows that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

pmcmahon wrote: »
    every one of them,they aren't irish so they're clearly criminals,everybody knows that.

Excuse me?????

Excuse me?????

oh sorry,what i said was "every one of them,they aren't irish so they're clearly criminals,everybody knows that."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Can you just clarify what you mean, are you intimating that this girl somehow deserved here fate because you choose to hold that idiotic and insulting belief?

after hours has certainly been dumbed down to trolling i see..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

oh sorry,what i said was "every one of them,they aren't irish so they're clearly criminals,everybody knows that."

And you mean that??

Thwt is honestly your opinion? That because someone is not Irish, it means they're a criminal?

And you mean that??

Thwt is honestly your opinion? That because someone is not Irish, it means they're a criminal?

Yes.100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

after hours has certainly been dumbed down to trolling i see..

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Aquila wrote: »
    Certain comments here wouldnt have been out of place in Nazi Germany,in apartheid South Africa..,regardless of her ethnic heritage or her culture she was a human being,with all the range of emotions and feelings like every other.her last few hours on earth must have been terrible:(
    I hope justice prevails.

Godwin's law kicks in again. It's amazing how accurate it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Godwin's law kicks in again. It's amazing how accurate it is!

tbh the roma grow much nicer moustache's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Aquila wrote: »
    Thread was Godwinned long before i wrote my post;)

Must...pay...better...attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,115 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would never usually say something like this,but yes.yes they are.

No they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

realies wrote: »
    Her alleged killers are well known, and one of them has already being charged with the unfortunate girls murder and one other is going state witness.So hopefully they will be long gone................to prison.

Why only murder? The crimes committed include kidnapping and rape, too.
    Is the one going state's witness hoping for a reduced sentence or something?

No matter what punishment is handed down it will be too lenient. They should spend the rest of their lives locked up in prison here or Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/marioara-rostas-murder-accused-sent-forward-for-trial-565174.html

Good to see this scumbag is going to trial for this murder, hopefully he never sees the light of day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bumping this thread because the case is ongoing.

Here's a summary of it.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/the-life-and-death-of-marioara-rostas-181766.html

and the case is ongoing.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/bullets-found-in-wall-similar-to-those-that-killed-marioara-rostas-1.1850387

If this guy did it, I hope they lock the fcuker up for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It happened to a human being. Colour doesn't matter. Murder is murder.
    Yes, but the question asked was
    He added: "This raises the question; would a teenager’s abduction, abuse and murder have been more newsworthy, more talked about and simply more emotive if she were an Irish national? As a society are we ambivalent towards the murder because the victim was a member of the Roma community."
    Of course it would be more newsworthy, it would be stupid to think otherwise and a bit worrying that a high ranking person would ask this, I hope they are just feigning igrorance to try and get a point across. Either way they look ignorant.

What Makes a Story Newsworthy?
    3. Proximity
    Stories which happen near to us have more significance. The closer the story to home, the more newsworthy it is. For someone living in France, a major plane crash in the USA has a similar news value to a small plane crash near Paris.

Note that proximity doesn't have to mean geographical distance. Stories from countries with which we have a particular bond or similarity have the same effect. For example, Australians would be expected to relate more to a story from a distant Western nation than a story from a much closer Asian country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Paola Low Poodle

There was more outrage about that horse killed in Galway than a teenager being raped multiple times and shot in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can't discuss ongoing cases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement