Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Find 20 grand!! look for the owner or spend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Ye i felt guilty for thinking the worst cos i'd already cancelled all my cards when he handed it back. I contacted his bosses to tell them what he'd done but i never heard anything back.He also said he had 3 fares after me so he could have pocketed the money if he wanted. He had 4 other fares in the cab after me and they all missed it on the back seat.

I have a pic somewhere the missus took of us when he handed it back i must post it up. i still cant believe it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Ye i felt guilty for thinking the worst cos i'd already cancelled all my cards when he handed it back. I contacted his bosses to tell them what he'd done but i never heard anything back.He also said he had 3 fares after me so he could have pocketed the money if he wanted. He had 4 other fares in the cab after me and they all missed it on the back seat.

I have a pic somewhere the missus took of us when he handed it back i must post it up. i still cant believe it happened.

Please do - A brilliant story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Perhaps the world would be a better place if such could be expected. I think it's something that should be applauded, you were certainly very lucky fatherted1969!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

stop fcuking around OP and give me back my cash, or ill put a cap in your a$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

jif wrote: »
    stop fcuking around OP and give me back my cash, or ill put a cap in your a$$
    i'd do as he says.....:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i'd put it all on a very short priced horse, if it win i give back the 20k and keep my winnings, if it loses i never found that 20 k lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'm skint and in need of quite a few things, that cost a fair bit of dough, so I there isn't a chance in hell I'd hand it in at the nearest cop shop.

Just being honest.

Half of the 66 people that who voted that they'd give it back are lying to us, lying to themselves or both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

And what if it wasn't Ireland? Would your children be much safer keeping 20,000 if they found it in another country? Sure it's not like other countries have drug pushers after all... :rolleyes:
    Put it this way, if my son rang up and said he found 20,00 in the back of a taxi, I'd mention two scenario's.
    (a) He hand it in to the legal authorities in case it might be claimed within a legal period, if he was going to stay in the locality where he found it
    or
    (b) if he was going to keep it, to get the hell out of the locality, right away - just in case...

Either way, I'd hope he'd do the right thing given the situation and circumstances that he might find himself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Karma ain't no thang. It's your perception of Karma that will get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If I found a suitcase with a name and contact info I'd hand it back, no questions asked. Tbh I probably wouldn't even open the suitcase. I'm pretty surprised and disappointed by the results of the poll, there are a lot of selfish, mean people out there. I don't care how badly you need the money, it's not yours to take.

If there were no contact info on the suitcase I'd try and spread the word that money had been lost and get the owner to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Am I the only one thinking ' find the fellow who ones it then beat him 'till he spills another twenty grand'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Give it back, nothing good would come of it.

I was living in Vancouver, Canada in 2007. Went into a Petrol Station and I was going to use their ATM when I saw that there was already somebody else's card in the machine, but not only that, they had entered their PIN and it was in the Options Menu. At the time I wasn't flush with money, so I "borrowed" 20 dollars from the guy or girl and handed in the card at the counter. The person had about 2,000 dollars or so in their account, said so on the receipt, but **** that, if I had taken it, that would have been awful, and I would have been caught, all those security camera's were all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Marge, with that sort of money we'd be millionaires!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Look for the owner, it might be an old millionaire who is so greatful that you inherit the lot! :D

One to many 'might's in that for me

I'd be spendin all the way to the bank my friends..