Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tooth ache

Options
  • 06-12-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Ive started to get a tooth ache. Any miracle cures ? Im up early enough tomorrow and dont want to lose sleep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Try brushing your teeth with Sensodyne toothpaste, it's worked for me in the past, worth a try anyway. You could try a mouthful of whiskey and keep it in your mouth for a while around where it's sore and if it gets really bad finish the bottle.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

pop a few neurofen then go to sleep as soon as they kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fluffytulip

If you have any clove oil pop it on around the gum of sore tooth and take two nurofen plus (as another poster said) and hit the hay roll ur pillow up and lie on the side that the tootchache is on!!! works for me!! :D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::confused::D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I used an ointment called "Soothache" a few years back and it did the trick temporarily. Otherwise, just regular painkillers. But a bad toothache can be a b1tch to relieve.

The real solution, as you probably know, is to visit your dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    pop a few neurofen then go to sleep as soon as they kick in.

I second that - only thing that worked for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Try here too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=627

This thread could get locked as PI isn't a medical forum, although I suppose far more people would be on PI than the above. Maybe chance After Hours (but don't tell Terry or Karoma I advised you to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try the dental issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did anyone mention Dental forum yet? :D

Try a glass or two of straight whiskey. Worked for me once. Do not mix with other things/pills.
    See dentist. The longer you wait the dearer it gets.

Tusky has tooth ache, there is humour there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had the same thing a few weeks ago. Take two nurofen plus but also leave some solpadine soluable in you mouth close to the affected tooth and leave it there for about then mins and repeat (soladine only not the nurofen) - should take u and hour to get through the glass, will give you about 8/9 hours relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 finkaboutit555

get someone to kick you in the nutz!! that would take your mind of the pain..

Although Seriously,
    I would go with the Nurofen..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

get someone to kick you in the nutz!! that would take your mind of the pain...

Banned for a week.

Tusky
    Get your ass down to the dentist!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

+11111 on the nurofen plus, worked a treat when my wisdom tooth was coming down!

Hate tooth aches, god love ya

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Chew some cloves - like the ones you have on lemons in Hot Whiskys! or in apple tarts. Make an appointment with dentist asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

I really really feel for you, I had a headsplitting toothache not so long ago! it involved tears! :(

best thing is to brush your teeth..including the one that hurts, apply clove oil and take 2 nurofen and 2 panadol actifast before bed. Its safe to mix the panadol and nurofen, dont worry! the Panadol acts as the painkilller and the nurofen helps with the inflamation.

good luck! :D

Advertisement