Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IS IT TIME FOR IRELAND TO WITHDRAW FROM EUROVISION????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

why would we stop being represented at eurovision! ireland did really well so a big no to your poll and I dont know why you are asking it. it is a european contest and i think the show from dusseldorf was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Its not block voting, more like cultural voting, think about it. We listen to songs from UK and visa versa, Im sure Serbia have Bosnian songs in their top 20, same with Russia/Lithuania/Latvia, Sweden/Denmark/Norway, Portugal/Spain. Germany/Holland/Poland. Its only natural you vote for songs that you can affiliate with. We wouldnt ever give Serbia 12 points because we think that music is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Its not block voting, more like cultural voting, think about it. We listen to songs from UK and visa versa, Im sure Serbia have Bosnian songs in their top 20, same with Russia/Lithuania/Latvia, Sweden/Denmark/Norway, Portugal/Spain. Germany/Holland/Poland. Its only natural you vote for songs that you can affiliate with. We wouldnt ever give Serbia 12 points because we think that music is ****.

I wrote a post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72224940&postcount=5230
    that made loads of sense but was bably explained. Anyone want to convert it into something relevant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

All these complaints and yet when acts are in the "reality" TV shows people have no problem using their location as a "reason" to vote for them?

Pretty hypocritical guys!

Russia vote Latvia = Block voting
    People comment negatively on Jedward = "begrudgery" (supposedly)
    The UK (who were responsible for foisting Jedward on us) vote for them again = "Go UK - yaay!" etc

You either want people to vote for the best song/act or you don't, so quit shifting goalposts to suit yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My mum told me there today that she was looking at TV last night about 60 mins from when Azerbaijan won and they had adds on for come to Azerbaijan the home of eurovision 2012 at 12.30 at night

So how the hell do they have a add made up in 60 mins then put onto TV !!!

I was looking at the voteing last night on my laptop and it is all block voteing come on we where like 5 points from 1st at one stage then did not get anypoints for like 15 places and italy came 2nd is funny as hell

Also how did italy give Romania 12 points when italy hate peaple from Romania. My dad told me that on Italian TV last night they where going on about how did we give them our 12 points

Also ireland give are points to east euro who where voted by the east euros liveing in ireland because that the only way england only got 6 points from us

I think what needs to be done is to see what the jodges give each singer so we no its not fixed

The eurovison is Fixed like it or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Also how did italy give Romania 12 points when italy hate peaple from Romania. My dad told me that on Italian TV last night they where going on about how did we give them our 12 points
    Probably the tens of thousands of Romanians living in Italy voting for their home country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Spot on.

But even despite the cultural/bloc voting, the best songs or close to the best songs are still winning e.g. Germany last year. I didn't think Azerbaijan had the best song this year but I can understand how the majority of European people did.

Simple fact is, if we sent the best song we would win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The fall of communism screwed us, and now all of those tin-pot corrupt dictatorships are all voting for each other - end of story.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

Maybe if we just kept it to countries actually in europe. I mean Isreal FFS! It's supposed to be the EUROvision

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They should force everyone to sing in Danish. That way it'd be nøde pøde all across the board and we'd tie for first.

• Advertisement

My mum told me there today that she was looking at TV last night about 60 mins from when Azerbaijan won and they had adds on for come to Azerbaijan the home of eurovision 2012 at 12.30 at night

So how the hell do they have a add made up in 60 mins then put onto TV !!!

The eurovison is Fixed like it or not

Er.....England had an ad ready to run re winning the Grand Slam until Ireland made sure it was a waste of money, so conspiracy theory fail right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

But its the gay world cup!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The fall of communism screwed us, and now all of those tin-pot corrupt dictatorships are all voting for each other - end of story.:(

I think it was the rise of rampant capitalism that screwed us, but that's a story for another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

So we give out that voting takes place in blocks with neighbours vote for each other because culturally they get each others music and yet we cheer when Uk give us douze points!!! we are a confused people.

Advertisement