Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Day Diet ala Daily Mail - Anyone on it ?

• 13-02-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi have anyone else started this diet ???? I've started it today. I've 3 stone to lose. It seems to be clinically proven to lose weight and reduce the risk of Breast Cancer. Would love a buddy:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

NO idea what this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think she could be referring to the 5:2 diet.

There's a thread about it here already. OP do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I think it differs from the normal 5 2 diet in that it isn't calorie restrictive and concentrates more on food groups and insulin.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tip

From THE DAY 2 DIET SITE http://www.thetwodaydiet.co.uk/faqs-and-useful-links/

This diet has proved to be more effective and successful than standard daily dieting in our clinical trials. The other 5:2 diets have not been researched or clinically investigated.

"

19. How does the 2 Day Diet compare with other diets?
    We have compared the 2 Day Diet with a standard low calorie healthy eating diet.

The 2 day diet was superior:-
    1. 65% of women were able to stick to it over 4 months compared with 40% on the daily diet
    2. The 2 Day Diet was associated with lower insulin levels
    3. There was also more loss of fat and a lower loss of muscle with the 2 Day Diet

Advertisement