Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Addictions

Options
  • 25-06-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I have an unhealthy addiction to CAT boots, it's been going on for years now I nearly have every pair that's hit the shelves and I've bought the same pair numerous times I buy about 12-15 pairs a year.

What brands or items of clothing are you addicted to? or am I just speshul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

I'm not really addicted to any brand of clothing. I'll buy one pair of Dubes (I'm obcessed with Dubes), and that'll be it, I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Not sure I would go so far as to call it an addiction (seems pretty tame compared to your CAT habit ntbell!) but I own 3 pairs of Diesel Jeans and 5 Kipling bags, all in different styles and colours. If I had more disposable income I would probably buy many more of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm addicted to woolen sweaters.. but i only buy them about once a month.. they're not very fasionable so i dont wear them, i just buy them :(
    help! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'm addicted to Irregular Choice shoes, but as I am always broke these days..... :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am addicted to Kipling bags, I must have over 20 of them now, my husband keeps on buying them for me when he visits their main shop in Brussels, they are so cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ntlbell wrote:
    I have an unhealthy addiction to CAT boots, it's been going on for years now I nearly have every pair that's hit the shelves and I've bought the same pair numerous times I buy about 12-15 pairs a year.

What brands or items of clothing are you addicted to? or am I just speshul

Are you serious. That some addiction. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Tommy Hilfiger

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Galadriel wrote:
    I'm addicted to Irregular Choice shoes, but as I am always broke these days..... :(

Ditto, well to be honest shoes in general. I have about 15+ pairs of Irregular Choice going back about 4-5 seasons now.

Just bought myself some new Adidas the other day. They're so pretty

http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/data/product/files/6433200754716154515173.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Shoes in general...40+ pairs, I'm almost afraid to check exactly how many...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

Jeans..10 pairs and counting

Ballet shoes 17 pairs, all arranged like the colours of a rainbow

Radley bags/purses..Don't own as many as I would like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Make up, especially mascara! No particular brand though.

s&mbarbie wrote:
    Shoes in general...40+ pairs, I'm almost afraid to check exactly how many...

Don't worry, when you have to bring all your shoes to Dublin as a single car load then you know you're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Dubes, Ralph Lauren, billabong huddies, Pepe London jeans, Robert Cavalli jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i cant stop buying eye liner i have an insane amount in my drawer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

I am addicted to any clothes that are the color navy........I aint a cross dresser or anything its just the color that does it for me and I aint ashamed to admit it...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

dudara wrote:
    Ditto, well to be honest shoes in general. I have about 15+ pairs of Irregular Choice going back about 4-5 seasons now.

Just bought myself some new Adidas the other day. They're so pretty

http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/data/product/files/6433200754716154515173.jpg

they're cool, think i'll grab a pair for the gf did you buy them on sneakerstuff or?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Scarves. I feel naked leaving the house without one. Pashminas are great for wrapping around your arms when you're out in the smoking area of pubs too and can't be bothered with the hassle of a coat so my obsession is slightly practical!

I have an insane amount of bags and shoes. Refuse to count them anymore. They're EVERYWHERE though. My wardrobe is full of them and there are about 3 big boxes full of just my shoes downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Expensive leather jackets.. many cows have died to feed my addiction..

ntlbell wrote:
    they're cool, think i'll grab a pair for the gf did you buy them on sneakerstuff or?

Got them in Office in Dundrum for 70 Euro, you might be able to do a bit better online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Ballet shoes 17 pairs, all arranged like the colours of a rainbow

Ditto.
    Also, RiverIsland jeans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

Black leather jackets; everything from short, light zip-up jackets to ankle length coats. I've got three heavy vintage biker-style jackets alone. :o My wardrobe smells like a tannery, and I love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

T-shirts. so many t-shirts. I always feel like I need more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

T-shirts. so many t-shirts. I always feel like I need more!

I've about 60.. and I am convinced I need them all..
    TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

high heels- I've more than 60 pairs... i really need to stop buying them, but they're soooo pretty!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Dudara, those are deadly trainers! I love the colours (so much so that I may be forced to buy them :o)

I have so many clothes and accessories that I can't actually think of which I have the most :o I love putting outfits together so I'm always picking up new belts/bags/shoes etc. I do buy a pair of dubarrys every eighteen months though, for about the last twelve years :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Generic black/dark green clother with no discerning features

but I did pick up a leather knee-length coat yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Kangaroo runners, must..get..more, brings me back to my childhood. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shoes basically.
    Ruu wrote:
    Kangaroo runners, must..get..more, brings me back to my childhood. :)

Do they still have the little pouch on the side, Ruu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

stovelid wrote:
    Shoes basically.

Do they still have the little pouch on the side, Ruu?

Yep on most styles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

I have more than a few addictions..

T-shirts- I'll just buy them everytime I go shopping..
    Black- no matter how many colours on the shelf, I'll go for the black
    Scarves- yeah!
    Eyeliner- I have pretty much every colour
    Plaid- love it
    Socks- too many! but i only buy unusual ones usually..
    Bracelets- read socks..
    Shoes- again ^

I'm pretty much just addicted to unusual stuff I guess..

Advertisement