Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Website help

• 04-02-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi newbie here - hi I need someone to help with my website - I have a website but I want to add a new home page to it so I can embed blogs and signups and link it to my website . Small budget , but need guidance thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Hi,
    Best to post your requirements on the work wanted sticky on the design forum.

Offering services and sending PMs in other places can get slaps or bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 STintin

If you have budget to invest in your website then i would suggest better to Higher a freelancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paulnoone

Hi Orla,

I am a freelance web designer, did you get your site sorted out?

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Suzi123

Hi

I am customizing an existing site, I have all of the files I just need to alter them a little.
    I am currently hosting one website on my account which is with Hostpapa.

I am updating the website with dreamweaver, is it possible for me to create a new server that is not connected to my original site so that I can use it for testing purposes?

If so, would someone have instructions for this?

I will be hosting the new website on the same account but it needs to be approved before it can be connected to the domain name.

Basically I am looking for a way to create a testing server on my cpanel that will remain completely separate from my other website?

Apologies for the silly questions, I am completely new to this!!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

for a very simple solution you could just put it on a folder

www.yourwebsite.com/folderName/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

If you're looking to develop a staging or test version of your site you can do a few things.

1 develop the new site within a sub directory of your existing site. You could call this /test/.

2. You can with most hosting companies have several sites running on the same account. The second site wouldn't have a domain connected to it but may have a temporary alias

Who are you hosted with? Chat with your hosting company.

Advertisement