Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio solution for kitchen/house

• 28-02-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im looking for a simple solution to getting radio in my house. We have 7MB broadband and ideally Id like to get some kind of internet radio in the kitchen that I could use.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I use a Logitech Squeezebox Radio as a bedside radio/alarm/clock ....... with headphones for late night listening.

I am quite happy with it ..... the single speaker in the case is not great but the headphones are in stereo, and that socket can be used for external speakers if required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 AV Carlow

Hi Folks,

Im looking for a simple solution to getting radio in my house. We have 7MB broadband and ideally Id like to get some kind of internet radio in the kitchen that I could use.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

apple airport express is a simple/cheap option, connect it to your existing speakers, you can use your iphone remote app to stream your itunes library and radio stations** off itunes also.

Or if you can push the budget a bit get a Sonos wifi bridge and Play3 speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

MONITOR AUDIO

58. Monitor Audio Airstream – Internet Radio / FM / Streamer – BRAND NEW BOXED,
    Was £149.95 – Now £89.95/each

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056616988&page=2

Very good, takes a while to get used to setting up. The one I have is prone to freezing from time to time but just a case of switching on and off. Can stream music from PC too.
    A bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

sonos

Advertisement