Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

If you close your eyes you could imagine you were back in Croker watching the ladies football last week.

Except for the part where they say "hit her in the face"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

any youtube links for this please?

You read the OP? The link is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Phoenix wrote: »
    The kids were hardly tearing each other apart,jaysus OP keep it up one day you too will become the editor of the sun:eek:

Sure they were close to death so they was, tis terrible Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Walking away and not sticking up for yourself could make it worse especially in a school. I agree it's horrible but you have to stand up for yourself.
    It's the acceptance of it being a social norm by some that has me open mouthed here. If the principal of a school finds out that there has been a fight on the premises its a punishable offence. Why do you think that is? It's deemed socially unacceptable, thats why.

Taking the attitude into your adulthood that you resolve issues by knocking the head off someone else will wind up with you charged with assault or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

its not that bad. a bit of hair pulling and a few slaps. i'd say the bloke feels deadly having them fight for his affections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

How the **** anyone thinks its "Niamh" is beyond me... It's Nicole you deaf bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Walking away and not sticking up for yourself could make it worse especially in a school. I agree it's horrible but you have to stand up for yourself.

I agree you Have to stand up for yourself but violence is never the answer. I know kids in school can be teased/bullied and its hard not to fight back but some people will never lash out no matter what.

These girls are scrapping over a boy they think its cool now but in a few years time they will see how stupid they were to let others egg them on.

It goes without saying that its a stupid thing to fight over but kids will be kids and they won't want to lose face and that's when things can turn violent.

As for lashing out. There was a kid in my year getting an awful time for about two years and one day he just snapped and started to really attack the guy who was always annoying him, completely busted his face open with a t-square. The kid had it coming and would even go a far as to say the teacher took his time coming over to stop it. Both got expelled which was completely unfair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The first thing I thought was why is everyone wearing tracksuits? Was this after PE or something or are tracksuits really that prevalent in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

So it's 10:55am on a Thursday and I'm sat at my computer still in my pyjama pants. I'm supposed to be "job hunting" and instead I'm watching a video on the internet of two teenage girls from Cork fighting each other over some banal issue.

Immaculate Pasta, where did it all go wrong? :(

Well at least you seem to have quelled the urge to masturbating to these sort of videos; take comfort in the little victories my friend.

Abi wrote: »
    It's the acceptance of it being a social norm by some that has me open mouthed here. If the principal of a school finds out that there has been a fight on the premises its a punishable offence. Why do you think that is? It's deemed socially unacceptable, thats why.

Taking the attitude into your adulthood that you resolve issues by knocking the head off someone else will wind up with you charged with assault or worse.

In school nah not a chance did I ever let people pick on me but adulthood I'd walk away unless it was extreme circumstances.

Abi but can you not turn that the other way, if you don't start to pick up for yourself from any early age then would you not take that attitude into adulthood and get walked all over in work, relationships and life in general?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

coming from Cork and the south side i am not surprised :(
    this kind of thing happens so often yet people and moreso parents refuse to believe their children are involved, even when their children are the instigators.

now we have Two Christ The King girls publicly tearing each other apart :eek: and all the criost ri lads standing around watching they all should be ashamed and suspended.

their faces are all there it shouldn't be too hard for the schools to find out who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Worst punches ever! More strength in a budgie:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

It being Cork and the southside is hardly relevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Nothing new here though. When I was in secondary school in the early 90s and fights would be arranged, thankfully I was never in any at school, the crowd that gathered would all spit at them while they're fighting, so you'd have 2 kids fighting covered in phlegm and saliva, and blood, while pummeling into each other. Real animalistic disgusting sh*t!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is it just me but are these people stupid,

When the girl who didn't start the fight parents see this they can use it as evidence against the girl that started the fight and rightly so!

Smart move guys, if you are going to fight don't be idiots and allow it to be recorded

Abi but can you not turn that the other way, if you don't start to pick up for yourself from any early age then would you not take that attitude into adulthood and get walked all over in work, relationships and life in general?

I see where you're coming from all right, but I never got into big brawls or anything as a teenager. You still wouldn't want to cross me in a job though, I'm verbal articulate, and I'm not afraid to speak up if something is bothering me. Its definitely not as a result of beating people up.

I know and understand that these things happen, I just don't think it should be deemed as socially acceptable. "bah, kids just being kids and all that" - just no =/

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Of course it's not socially acceptable, but it's not exactly unusual. There were probably around 4-5 "scraps" like this each year when I was a boy, usually lads fighting, but the odd time a girl fight would break out. They never happen on school premises, but word spreads about it going to happen on the way home or whatever. Would be the talk of the school for the next few days, then forgotten.

Has happened forever, nothing unusual about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Lustrum wrote: »
    If you close your eyes you could imagine you were back in Croker watching the ladies football last week.

Except for the part where they say "hit her in the face"

you, sir, have clearly never been to Hill 16.

No me either but at the same time maybe its because I never let it happen. I do remember busting the class bully's nose open because he made the whole class laugh saying I had girls hair (looking back he had a point) :o

If my kid got in a fight in school I'd accept it give him a slap on the wrist and the usual talk down but one thing I would not stand for is that girl recording and egging it on, I really think that is atrocious behavior. I would be so embarrassed as a parent if she was mine.

Abi wrote: »
    You still wouldn't want to cross me in a job though, =/
    I've seen you on boards and thats enough for me thank you very much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Watching the video again like others have said it was the one little instigating bitch who started it all, she literally started it by pushing one girl into the other and walking away laughing. She clearly had it planned as she had someone already recording to get the whole thing. TBH I wouldn't like to find out that my daughter or my son was fighting, it's more socially acceptable for fellas but honestly I don't give a fiddlers either way, but if I found out that my child was the instigator who planned it out, started it all and took visible and audible enjoyment out of it I would be far, far more upset. Anyone can loose their temper in the moment, especially hormonal teens, those girls won't even remember what they were fighting about in a years time. But the other one was so clever in the way she went about what she did, I find it quite sinister.

• Advertisement

Of course it's not socially acceptable, but it's not exactly unusual. There were probably around 4-5 "scraps" like this each year when I was a boy, usually lads fighting, but the odd time a girl fight would break out. They never happen on school premises, but word spreads about it going to happen on the way home or whatever. Would be the talk of the school for the next few days, then forgotten.

Has happened forever, nothing unusual about it.

I don't give a shít if I come across as a snitch, but if I heard through friends about a potential fight going to happen I'd head for the principals office. Somebody could get badly hurt, and I'd rather stop it before it starts at all.

I've seen you on boards and thats enough for me thank you very much! :D

I'm a lovely person really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I agree you Have to stand up for yourself but violence is never the answer. I know kids in school can be teased/bullied and its hard not to fight back but some people will never lash out no matter what.
    Sorry, but that simply isn't true. I went to a pretty rough school. I avoided getting involved in any fights that I could, but the reality is that if you are jumped by 3/4 people, saying that you should 'just walk away' is simply bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I hate seeing girls fight like that. Probably a bit sexist, but I do honestly believe that its worse when girls do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

any youtube links for this please?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Oh Colm Hayes on 2Fm was just talking about this thread

he has also lumped Boards.ie in with AskFM :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The girl in purple did make a nice transistion from mount back to gaurd. Jiu jitsu skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The girl in purple did make a nice transistion from mount back to gaurd. Jiu jitsu skills!

Was thinking that. The Nicole girl has potential!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Can you do anything these days without some gobsh1te filming it on a camera phone? To me this would be more of a deterrent then all the 'socially unacceptable' malarkey some people in this thread are coming out with. Warhol would be laughing his head off at this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

To be honest, I've seen better fights between two pigeons for a crust of bread.

That's not really the point though, its disgusting behaviour and shocking to think that they thought that fighting it out was an accurate way of settling their differences. Its just not acceptable to resolve things like that.

I'd be disgraced if either of them were my child. Sad thing is, they're now famous amongst other teenagers their age in Cork and aren't gonna realise how idiotic what they did was until its too late, and they have a reputation for being scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    and they have a reputation for being scumbags.

The real problem is the reported cause of the fight, at least I got my black eye and broken nose from standing up to school bullies in my day, back in the 60's .. nothing so stupid for girls [at any age] to fight over a boy ????!Q1!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement