Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Saturday Night Show - Dec 11th 2010

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    DLB will give him a right old ribbing over Christmas dinner about that ho ho chortle chortle :D

Well Nixon HATED Kennedy... Kennedy bought the 1960 election to defeat Nixon.. Nixon himself reckoned his shot at the presidency was gone when Kennedy got in in 1960, as he thought Kennedy would be a shoe-in to get a second term.... and he wasnt getting any younger.... I would reckon the word "Nixon" is taboo in the Tubridy house

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well Nixon HATED Kennedy... Kennedy bought the 1960 election to defeat Nixon.. Nixon himself reckoned his shot at the presidency was gone when Kennedy got in in 1960, as he thought Kennedy would be a shoe-in to get a second term.... and he wasnt getting any younger.... I would reckon the word "Nixon" is taboo in the Tubridy house

All these facts :eek:

Are sure you're not really DLB marauding as an internets person......?! :rolleyes:

Ps. DLB type word alert: marauding
    :D

All these facts :eek: Are sure you're not really DLB marauding as an internets person......?! :rolleyes:

I investigated Richard Nixon as part of my one attempt to find the second shooter on the grassy knoll... The case is unfortunately still open, but fortunately I have been getting help from a new recruit...

jim-corr_24093c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hobo Chic

Hobo Chic

ffs, I threw him a euro one day and the b*ll*x went straight to Louis Copeland's with it.... :mad:

• Advertisement

ffs, I threw him a euro one day and the b*ll*x went straight to Louis Copeland's with it.... :mad:

He was wurkin for de office of the public wurx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I like the way BOC has just pushed him to tell us about life on the streets. He has a nice way..... And I'm not really a fan of BOC.

In fairness to O' Connor this could never happen on the LLS

Entertainment ??

BOC has a warmth about him, a humaness. He is obviously comfortable with this guy.

There has not been many guests on the LLS that DLB has been at ease with.

• Advertisement

Entertainment ??

I'm finding this more entertaining then Gillian McKeith being interviewed.

I'm finding this more entertaining then Gillian McKeith being interviewed.

Yeah Brendan has a real genuine empathy that Tubridy attempts to feign on occasion .. That last interview was excellent... I think Tubridy is too far removed from real life, he lives in a privileged world of books and children's movies, where his only worry is late returns to the library.. I think you have to truly have "lived a bit" to be able to interview properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Just watched the last interview on the player, it was the best interview of the show. The guy was very touching had a sense of humour. Goes to prove, you don't need celebrities to make an interesting show.

Moncrieff is very good at this kind of interview, he would be perfect for the LLS imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭thesandeman

DLB will give him a right old ribbing over Christmas dinner about that ho ho chortle chortle

:D

Whats DLB??

LOLZ!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Poly wrote: »
    Just watched the last interview on the player, it was the best interview of the show. The guy was very touching had a sense of humour. Goes to proof, you don't need celebrities to make an interesting show.

Agree

Moncrieff is very good at this kind of interview, he would be perfect for the LLS imo.

Not agree

I reckon John Creedon would be a good host for this type of show. Dont know how well up he is on Current Affairs though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I reckon John Creedon would be a good host for this type of show. Dont know how well up he is on Current Affairs though.

I wouldn't trust John Creedon to be well up on anything remotely important or interesting to be quite honest.

If John Creedon hosted the show it would be cancelled to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

And her accent needs to be reined in....BIG TIME.

What type of accent is acceptable then? At least she isn't putting on some stupid twang....
    Accents are accents!:)

seachto7 wrote: »
    What type of accent is acceptable then? At least she isn't putting on some stupid twang....
    Accents are accents!:)

Agree that accents are accents.

But I personally find certain accents are more pleasant to listen to then others.

Imelda May's accent goes through me. I find it quite unpleasant to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Agree that accents are accents.

But I personally find certain accents are more pleasant to listen to then others.

Imelda May's accent goes through me. I find it quite unpleasant to listen to.

I suppose....it does come in second place to the nordy accent though as far as grating goes ...... :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I thought he was acting the gombeen?

He was mocking the 'faint' she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Just watched the last interview on the player, it was the best interview of the show. The guy was very touching had a sense of humour. Goes to prove, you don't need celebrities to make an interesting show.

yeah this was an excellant interview, far more interesting than some wanna be celeb who fainted in a jungle laughing hysterically at everything BOC said to her, poor woman didnt realise he was taking the p1ss out of her. it was refreshing to see BOC talk normally to someone, plus the guy being interviewed deserved enormous credit for coming on the show & for raising awareness of the issue of homelessness.

Half the reason talk shows on RTE are so dreadful is that they follow the same routine, interview with comedian/singer about their upcoming show, interview with some RTE presenter about their upcoming show, interview with Twink or Linda Martin about some pointless drivel of no interest.

Nolanger wrote: »
    He was mocking the 'faint' she did.

Yeah, and did you hear when some piece of equipment fell over out the back of the studio just after Imelda May came out on set... and O'Connor says "it's alright, Gillian's just after fainting again"... lol

The last two shows he has been particularly good... Really got to the meat of the story with Linda Martin last week, great interview with homeless guy this week, and he's improved on the autocue as well ... Hopefully RTE are just training him up for when Tubridy retires next year.. (he has a mental age of 74 after all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Read yesterday that they have already recorded the Late Late Show for 24th December:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2010/dec/12/rte-defends-decision-to-pre-record-christmas-eve-l/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Read yesterday that they have already recorded the Late Late Show for 24th December:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2010/dec/12/rte-defends-decision-to-pre-record-christmas-eve-l/

Great, does that mean we can start a thread, get drunk and slag off the DLB early too?

Jeez it sounds riveting: A priest, a Footballer and a WAG.
    I like Jimmy though. Hope they interview him as well as just a song.
    It probably makes sense to pre-record though as most people wont be concentrating on TV on Xmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sure won't Ryan be busy Christmas Eve night, waiting up for Santa in his jim jams looking forward to the brand new encyclopedia he asked for.

Just so ye can book yer babysitters now, next Saturday will feature Crystal Swing ringing Rockin Around The Christmas Tree :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Just so ye can book yer babysitters now, next Saturday will feature Crystal Swing ringing Rockin Around The Christmas Tree :'(

FFS...surely their 15 minutes were up 15 minutes ago. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wouldn't trust John Creedon to be well up on anything remotely important or interesting to be quite honest.

If John Creedon hosted the show it would be cancelled to me.

Creedon's a bore. He's just not interesting.

Advertisement