Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Savoy is being knocked.....

• 21-07-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

About time really.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ya, when will bedford row and all that be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I'd take a rough guess at about 2057..... give or take a week or two....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

U never actually gave a week ... but anywho, I think i heard somewhere that it was being done this summer and that the building would go on for longer! But wouldnt the tiles and trees be damaged by all the building work? NE one know???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

U never actually gave a week ... but anywho,

ah, that was a hint of sarcasim again... i must get friendly with this :rolleyes: guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Geez that about 2 years to get under way. Thank god its gone, although I've got a lot of memories from that place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the savoy cinema was an eyesore. even when it was open it wasnt a very nice looking premises.

i look forward to what ever is being built there

has anyone seen the work being done on the royal george hotel site. things seem to be moving along nicely.

also the apartment block beside the park is as good as finnished. there is a chemist opened on the ground floor already. and they dont look half bad either.

the only thing is though all the new buildings in limerick have been the same colour. white with the bottom half of the building being made of redbrick. has anyone else noticed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Presumably the red brick is to keep in line with all the redbrick Georgian Houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Ah the Savoy bar was great though and Termights. Hopefully the new building will retain that rustic charm of the old but it probably won't and be all gleaming and new. But you can't stop progress I guess.

Advertisement