Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Degag wrote: »
    Any rumours on when we'll hear about UK dates btw?

Fully expect it to be download really.. they’ve a break that weekend.

After the MK show anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Fully expect it to be download really.. they’ve a break that weekend.

After the MK show anyway

Makes sense, but i presume they'll announce more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I managed to snag a Feuerzone at around 11.40am, on my phone, under the desk at a small seminar I was attending. Was a pain, and extremely obvious when I had to enter credit card details manually due to stupid Ticketmaster being stupid.

I'll be going up on my lonesome so far but I've got myself a one bedroom apartment nearby and will be making a mini break of it.

Tis my first time seeing them and I'm VERY excite!! My appetite for pyrotechnics was whetted at Metallica, feel like I'm going to see the masters of it, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Flibble wrote: »
    I managed to snag a Feuerzone at around 11.40am, on my phone, under the desk at a small seminar I was attending. Was a pain, and extremely obvious when I had to enter credit card details manually due to stupid Ticketmaster being stupid.

I'll be going up on my lonesome so far but I've got myself a one bedroom apartment nearby and will be making a mini break of it.

Tis my first time seeing them and I'm VERY excite!! My appetite for pyrotechnics was whetted at Metallica, feel like I'm going to see the masters of it, lol

If you think Metallica are known for their pyrotechnics and they are not by the way, you are in for a real treat with Rammstein, Metallica are as tame and unimaginative as it gets.

Oh lets drop Fuel and use the same budget on Moth Into The Flame, also put some into Creeping Death and then have a big finale in Enter Sandman.

You are going to a real theatrical metal show son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Is it an idea to look at accommodation as early as now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is it an idea to look at accommodation as early as now?

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Any recommendations for accommodation? Never been to Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lallydonal

Xenji wrote: »
    If you think Metallica are known for their pyrotechnics and they are not by the way, you are in for a real treat with Rammstein, Metallica are as tame and unimaginative as it gets.

I think the last time they tried to go all out on pyro was when James had his accident

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Xenji wrote: »

Oh lets drop Fuel and use the same budget on Moth Into The Flame, also put some into Creeping Death and then have a big finale in Enter Sandman.

You are going to a real theatrical metal show son :)

with all due respect xenji that's a fair amount of sh1ttalk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Definitely

Most places will only let you look 9 months in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Some sound out of that stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just back from the Milton Keynes gig, absolutely incredible, amazing show. Got in for doors and was pretty much centre about 15 rows back for most of the gig. Will throw up a couple of the better pics when I get home to Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Amazing gig in Milton Keynes. First time seeing them and I was blown away. Had friends tell me they put on a great show, but it was unreal. Sound was amazing and the staging was excellent. Even after Eventim fecking up sending the tickets out - I had to pick mine up at the box office in the end - the stress was worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Thank god for this! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Again, huge thanks to MisterAnarchy for his help and info. Got confirmation of my refund yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Again, huge thanks to MisterAnarchy for his help and info. Got confirmation of my refund yesterday. :)

No bother lads .
    Its a handy service ,it actually used to be a 72 hour cancellation window but they have shortened it to 24 hours now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ jimmy bottlehead re"Is it an idea to look at accommodation as early as now?"

booking.com is the way to go.
    Book now, pay on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

To the guys that attended Milton Keynes, is the show better viewed from a distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Testament1 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for accommodation? Never been to Belfast!

If all the chain hotels are booked out - this is a great option for B&B. Anytime we travel to Belfast for gigs we stay here ... lovely lady runs it (Marian) and the breakfast is top notch. It's about 10min walk from Belfast Central Train Station.

https://www.maranathahouse.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RayCon wrote: »
    If all the chain hotels are booked out - this is a great option for B&B. Anytime we travel to Belfast for gigs we stay here ... lovely lady runs it (Marian) and the breakfast is top notch. It's about 10min walk from Belfast Central Train Station.

https://www.maranathahouse.com/

It's not too far from Boucher Road either, around an hour's walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

poundhound wrote: »
    To the guys that attended Milton Keynes, is the show better viewed from a distance?

It all depends if you like to be in the thick of it or not, I think. We were on the pitch about 3/4 back and saw everything - we were far enough back to be behind the two flame tower thingies (soz couldn't think what to call them) and in the centre, so I feel we had a good view and still got the full experience when they were in use. The heat off them! I love pitch standing so I can move around if people are being twonks around me - but would never make for the front, just not for me

Following up with a few pics and a more complete take away from the day now I'm back to reality. The show was incredible, as expected and if you've seen their smaller arena shows in the past like the O2 gig, it's basically more of the same but on a bigger scale (some set pieces are repeated from previous tours). While I preferred the setlist of the previous tour (basically a greatest hits set), I do really like the new album and definitely appreciate more of the songs than I did before I went in (the setlist is quite heavy on new tracks so it definitely helps!).

Puppe was one that kind of passed me by on repeat listens but hearing it live and then finding out what the song was actually about (it's particularly dark) gives it more of an intensity listening to it now and I'd put it up there with one of the better tracks on the album.

I wasn't sure about including the remix of Deutschland on the setlist but it actually worked really well with Richard changed into full cheesy DJ gear and hoisted in a booth above the stage while three of the lads do a dance routine in hoodies full of LEDs, was a fun change of pace for 5 minutes before the full band got back on stage for the normal version.

Someone also asked about the support act previously which this time was a French pianist duo who performed Rammstein songs from the Klavier album on the B stage (they also played Engel with the band for the first encore). Definitely a risky one for a Rammstein gig and at times the crowd seemed a bit disinterested during their short set but it was definitely more interesting that a generic local metal band that you might expect at a show like this.

As a venue, MK Stadium was good, right next door to a gigantic Asda also so you could pick up an emergency rain poncho and a bottle of water and just about anything else you wanted for the gig or a quick bite. Sound was absolutely perfect I found and a very small stadium in general so not hard to get around (just a shame it was a slight trek from London!).

Someone asked about being up the front if it's worth it and my answer is a definite YES! Don't get me wrong, the show is no doubt amazing from anywhere but I don't feel I missed out on anything by being in front of the two pitch fire towers as they just repeat the pattern of the front ones and being so close to the front was absolutely intense from a spectacle point of view (slight bit of moshing but easy to avoid and there was no great crush or anything that I've experienced at some gigs). Should also note that they barely used the single screen for displaying band footage (it mostly had variations of the R+ logo) so I feel if I was very far away I probably would have had some issues making out the band.

All in all, still managed to exceed expectations despite them being sky high already, absolutely delighted to have feuerzone tix for Berlin next year :D
    Will attach some pics and try not to muck it up :o

and a couple more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Belfast tickets arrived this am

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Coventry gig announced

D_GnCK1W4AAoxXf.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Alkers wrote: »
    Belfast tickets arrived this am

Eventim or Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Eventim or Ticketmaster?

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Alkers wrote: »
    Ticketmaster

The new paper crappy yolks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The new paper crappy yolks?

Yes, crappiest, most generic of the crappy tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Yes, crappiest, most generic of the crappy tickets

damn, hope the eventIM ones are the proper design.

Advertisement