Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AH Ban

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I received a Yellow Card from a mod in AH yesterday, The details of this stated that i had called another poster a 'troll'. I had not called that poster a troll. I had pointed out that this person was using one line responses and not adding to the discussion in fact taking away from it.

The Mod also noted that with the yellow card was i was not to post in the thread again.

Firstly I would like to know why i got the Yellow in the first place as i had not called the poster a troll.
    Secondly I would like to know why a mod can direct someone not to post in a thread after only a yellow warning. I dont believe the yellow was warranted and PM'd said Mod about it, they said they would discuss with other Mods but i have had no response.

I believe the Yellow should be lifted but also would like to know why the mod deemed it necessary to be so harsh as to tell me not to post in the thread again. Its extremely perplexing when there are posters in the thread adding absolutely nothing to the discussion merely to derail it.

I have no since received a bad for posting in the thread last night, again these posts were on topic.

Can someone please resolve this situation as i dont believe any of it was merited

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Listermint,

You got banned for the minimum time allowed for Ignoring a mod instruction. Which you did, so that is justified.

You really should have started this DRP after the warning.

On to the warning, here is your post:

listermint wrote: »
    Lads, its pointless engaging Muffs.

He derailed the thread yesterday to the point of no return and is doing the same here.

Im of the firm opinion he doesnt actually care about the thread content, the context or anything to do with the conflict. And is just putting forward a rival argument (and in most of the case no argument at all just one liners designed to piss off posters)

Based on that, He is not worth responding to.

His attempts to get the thread closed are fairly blatantly obvious and are poorly disguised.

If that is not accusing someone of trolling, I don't know what is. You just fell short of calling him a troll directly.

This is part of the original Mod warning from the 29/07/14.
    Any racist, xenophobic, trolling, or general nasty comments will not be tolerated in this thread. Zero tolerance will be taken with this. If you cross the line, you will be instantly thread-banned.

In summary:

The yellow was justified, So too was the thread ban, if a bit harsh but that is what is meant by zero tolerance. The shortest ban possible given for ignoring mod instruction was also justified.

My hands are kinda tied here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi Listermint,

You got banned for the minimum time allowed for Ignoring a mod instruction. Which you did, so that is justified.

You really should have started this DRP after the warning.

On to the warning, here is your post:

If that is not accusing someone of trolling, I don't know what is. You just fell short of calling him a troll directly.

This is part of the original Mod warning from the 29/07/14.

In summary:

The yellow was justified, So too was the thread ban, if a bit harsh but that is what is meant by zero tolerance. The shortest ban possible given for ignoring mod instruction was also justified.

My hands are kinda tied here.

You stated yourself that I did not call them a troll. Which I did not. I read the op which you have again quoted word for word. And I have not called them a troll. In your words I fell short of it. Which equals I did not. And complied entirely with your stated rules.

I then received a one day ban from El guapo. Which got auto lifted after the period. You replied after this lift.

I have since posted on the thread in a very reasonable manner in full compliance with your rules. El guapo has banned me from after hours for a week because in his words I was told with the yellow never to post in the thread again.

I ask you this how in the hell can yellow warning justify never posting in a thread again?? I served his first one day ban does this not remove the yellow also?

Why am I banned for a week?

I firmly believe El guapo just sees my username now and has it out for me without sticking to the rules with you guys laid out.

What am I banned for? Why did I get the yellow for complying with your rules and why am I banned now?

Over reaction and badly handled can someone please respond on this.

Also can someone explain how a poster gets a perma ban from a thread after just a yellow card??

In real life your allowed back after serving time. El Guapo appears to have a vendetta again me frankly I don't know why. I'm just a normal contributer

Perplexed......

Can someone put this to admin, I have PM'd the Mod and they have offered to reduce from a 5 day to a 3 day.

I am not accepting the ban at all. its premise was a yellow which was on completely dubious foundations from the start.

And i havent a clue how a yellow gets a thread perma ban. I know modding can be tough in these sorts of threads, but frankly when something is being badly modded with no rhyme or reason to decisions then i have to stand up and say no.

The original mod was wrong and was equally wrong to attach conditions such as that to the yellow.

I would like an admins decision.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You were given a yellow card for ignoring the instructions in the OP and told not to post in the thread again. Contrary to what you may believe, the mod was well within his rights to attach this condition to the card, and just because the card expired doesn't mean you can ignore the very clear instruction you were given. You subsequently posted in the thread again which earned you the one day ban, and again after that ban expired which earned you the longer ban. It's all pretty clear cut, you were told not to do something and yet you felt that the instruction didn't apply to you. I'm failing to see how you feel that there has been some sort of miscarriage of justice here. There are absolutely no grounds for overturning this ban and I suggest you stay away from the thread when this one expires.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement