Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-07-2014, 23:52   #826
CaoimheCweeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe95 View Post
Hey everyone, me and my friend are moving up to Cork at the start of September and he is going to CIT and I'm going to UCC and we are hoping to live with each other and maybe 2 other people. Where would be the best place to live in Cork for us?
When I was in first year in UCC I was at a house party in Farranlea and there were loads of CIT and UCC students living there. It's about a 10/15 min walk to UCC and a bus ride to CIT...realistically there's nowhere THAT close to both of them, maybe a house in Wilton would be the closest option. The closer to town you live the better though, then you don't have to pay a fortune for a taxi in and out all the time on nights out
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-07-2014, 00:23   #827
Joe95

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoimheCweeva View Post
When I was in first year in UCC I was at a house party in Farranlea and there were loads of CIT and UCC students living there. It's about a 10/15 min walk to UCC and a bus ride to CIT...realistically there's nowhere THAT close to both of them, maybe a house in Wilton would be the closest option. The closer to town you live the better though, then you don't have to pay a fortune for a taxi in and out all the time on nights out
Thanks, I'll check it out now
21-07-2014, 00:36   #828
emmag123

I am trying to decide on a place to book for next September near ucc, I will be a first year student and to be honest I really haven a clue where to book they all seem to have very mixed reviews :/ does anyone have any suggestions I'm thinking of brookfeild or vic lodge ??
21-07-2014, 03:50   #829
CaoimheCweeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmag123 View Post
I am trying to decide on a place to book for next September near ucc, I will be a first year student and to be honest I really haven a clue where to book they all seem to have very mixed reviews :/ does anyone have any suggestions I'm thinking of brookfeild or vic lodge ??
I was in the student village in first year and loved it personally. Wifi was a bit iffy though, but they might have fixed it by now. It's in a good location, is quiet, safe ... some say it's a bit dated and not modern enough but that never bothered me! Honestly I thought it made it more homely. Vic Mills is too clinical imo (and expensive), Brookfield is a mess especially during RAG week, Vic Lodge is fine if you're in a flat that's bigger than 3 bed, the bedrooms are nice but the kitchen / living room area is terrible, along with Brookfield. If I hadn't gone to the village, I'd have chosen Farranlea, every bedroom is ensuite and it's not too pricey! Castlewhite is okay, their bedrooms are really nice imo, if you're a pretty private person then they're perfect because the kitchen / living room area isn't that great either. Biggest problem with it though is the bathroom, you're sharing with up to 5 others, and it consists of a sink, a toilet and shower stall which are like cubicles that you'd get in a public bathroom and shower area in a swimming pool! The bedrooms have their own sinks though which helps.
Block H in the village is the most recent block and is really nice, if you go for it! Hope this helps
24-07-2014, 20:28   #830
psychoniamh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoimheCweeva View Post
To anyone looking at accommodation for this year, I would highly recommend staying away from Carraigbarre like the plague
Why so?
Advertisement
24-07-2014, 21:22   #831
CaoimheCweeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoniamh View Post
Why so?
I'd prefer not to disclose over such a public forum in case the owner or his minions are scouting..wouldn't put it past them
29-07-2014, 12:23   #832
UpTheSlashers

I see a lot of houses are left up on the UCC Accommodation website even after they're "gone". A bit inconsiderate of the landlords.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion