Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-03-2012, 19:13   #106
DalkeyResident
Closed Account

<deleted>.

Last edited by DalkeyResident; 05-03-2012 at 20:44.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 19:16   #107
Vic_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalkeyResident View Post
Did you know they were a British company? Maybe next time you would like to support your own country? You have a very Irish name and I assume you are proud to be Irish?

Here in Dalkey our illegal Irish bus service got pushed off the road by the same British company.
Fixed your post.
(4) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 19:19   #108
xOxSinéadxOx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalkeyResident View Post
Did you know they were a British company? Maybe next time you would like to support your own country? You have a very Irish name and I assume you are proud to be Irish?

Here in Dalkey our legal Irish bus service got pushed off the road by the same British company.
Irrelevant much?
I like supporting Aircoach because they offer me a better service.
(4) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 19:27   #109
Hogzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOxSinéadxOx View Post
Irrelevant much?
I like supporting Aircoach because they offer me a better service.
Exactly. Survival of the fittest. Im fed up of this attitude of "support the Irish" at times when the "Irish" are providing a terrible service. Why should one support a business that lags behind its competitors.
(3) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 20:08   #110
devnull

Actually there is one branch of an Irish shop which I'm not going to name, that is in a right state and there are numerous problems in the store, whether that is out of date stock, or things in poor condition, badly stocked shelves, misleading prices and their answer to everything is "But we're Irish" that is the kind of attitude I really take a disliking to.

No problem with supporting Irish business, and will do so when something deserves to be supported and will always champion such great Irish things. However At the same time this is not my only consideration when buying or using a product or service.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 21:12   #111
BenShermin

Loving the xenophobic crap on this thread! All I care about is getting down to Cork cheap and fast to enjoy a few jars of Murphy's and quality time with my Corkonian friends and family. At the end of the day isn't that what being Irish really means!!

In reply to a question as to why I use BÉ instead of Aircoach, I do it because I find the SP class more comfy and at busy weekend times when I travel I'm almost guaranteed an extra "express" coach to/from Dublin that only takes 3hrs, the Internet fares are also cheap on BÉ and their loyalty club gives some good benefits that I use.
Thanks from:
06-03-2012, 21:09   #112
parsi
Banned

Send a message via MSN to parsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenShermin View Post
Loving the xenophobic crap on this thread! All I care about is getting down to Cork cheap and fast to enjoy a few jars of Murphy's and quality time with my Corkonian friends and family. At the end of the day isn't that what being Irish Corkonian really means!!.
FYP
28-03-2012, 09:36   #113
Kumsheen

There was talk recently about GoBus launching an Express service on the Dublin-Cork route.
Anybody have any update on this?
28-03-2012, 10:15   #114
bk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumsheen View Post
There was talk recently about GoBus launching an Express service on the Dublin-Cork route.
Anybody have any update on this?
Well according to the NTA website, it looks like they were award the license about 2 months ago. It also looks like Aircoach were award a direct license 4 months ago.

So possibly two companies operating direct non stop services Cork to Dublin

Haven't heard about them launching yet, hopefully soon, takes time to get the new buses, hire drivers, etc.
Advertisement
28-03-2012, 23:56   #115
richard2010

Plans seem to be a foot....

Aircoach Recruitment Team
RECRUITMENT - Would you like to be part of Ireland’s professional coach driving team? (Dublin or Cork based)
23rd March 2012

Would you like to be part of Ireland’s professional coach driving team?

We are currently inviting applications from experienced coach drivers, with a passion for customer service, to be based at our depots in either Dublin or Cork.

We operate 7 days a week and therefore successful applicants would be required to work shifts that cover weekends, evenings, nights, daytime, and early mornings.

If you have a passion for driving, providing excellent customer service, and are interested in the role, please initially email your CV and covering letter (both in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) to recruitment@aircoach.ie.

Please note that all successful applicants must be in possession of a full D-Category EU Driving Licence, 4 CPC Modules, and a Digital Tachograph Card.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Aircoach Recruitment Team
http://www.aircoach.ie/news.article.php?ID=345

Last edited by richard2010; 28-03-2012 at 23:58. Reason: duplication
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2012, 08:42   #116
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk View Post
Well according to the NTA website, it looks like they were award the license about 2 months ago. It also looks like Aircoach were award a direct license 4 months ago.

So possibly two companies operating direct non stop services Cork to Dublin

Haven't heard about them launching yet, hopefully soon, takes time to get the new buses, hire drivers, etc.
Aircoach have two Licenses for Dublin to Cork, one granted years ago which was renewed last October or so, and another one which was granted 4 months ago for the 1.00am service which goes to Dublin Airport from Cork city bypassing Dublin City.

If it was an express it would be down as such in the table but it isn't, note that the GoBus one is down as this. We have nothing to suggest Aircoach will be starting up such service - extra recruitment may just be down to replacing staff who may have left.

Word on the street suggests nobody is near ready to get any service going at the moment and I'd be surprised to see anything for a few weeks at least.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion