Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 t2340

Does anyone have any idea how many MHC are actually going to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

Anyone hear from Dillon Eustace or Maples and Calder? I interviewed monday and haven't heard a thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JaraCane

Did you have Maples Round 2 this week was it? Did they say when they'd get back to you ? Waiting on Christmas week is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

JaraCane wrote: »
    Did you have Maples Round 2 this week was it? Did they say when they'd get back to you ? Waiting on Christmas week is a killer!
    You answered my question. I meant first round interview which was last monday for me. Good luck though, this thread has been very quiet regarding Maples, so if you are in the 2nd round, you have a great chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ZaraZaZa

Anybody have any idea as to what kind of wages to be expected? For the medium-sized firms? I know the big 4/5 offer €30k +...but what can the rest of us expect?

And does all the corporate firms pay for blackhall fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 lablab

Lola73 wrote: »
    For those with TCs already I would find it a bit unfair to go for the Internship with MHC as it is their sole means of recruiting and so you may be taking a spot from someone else who really wants a TC with MHC!

I gotta agree with Lola here. Hopefully those with the TC's already in the bag will allow the rest of us a fighting chance of trying to get our TC's sorted!!

but I guess it's a dog eat dog world...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

Did the other person who was on the Eversheds waiting list hear anything??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

Anybody have any tips on the MHC interview? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Hey Irishgirl,

I had thought I had sent you a private message a couple of days ago asking you the same thing? :)

I havent heard anything and Im not holding my breath either. Did you?

pandas wrote: »

Hey Irishgirl,

I had thought I had sent you a private message a couple of days ago asking you the same thing? :)

I havent heard anything and Im not holding my breath either. Did you?

Hey, oh, sorry, I'm very bad at checking mails! Will send you a PM now :)

• Advertisement

Hi guys, has anyone had their MHC interview or know what the interview process is like compared with other firms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Has anyone had any luck with the smaller firms? There have been a few ads up of the law society website over the last couple of months.

All your advice would be greatly appreciated on this one :) Would one be crazy to turn down what would almost be the certainty of a traineeship in a law firm you're currently working in (top 25 small to medium law firm) for an internship in a top 10 law firm (2 mths) with no guarantees of a traineeship at the end of it (I have assurances if I impress sufficiently I will be offered but absolutely no guarantees). Dilemma :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'd say it'd depend on where you see yourself ultimately.

Anecdotally I hear that it's a lot easier to go from a larger firm down to a middle sized firm rather than vice versa. If you ultimately want to end up in a firm it might be worth it to pump for it now while you're at the stage when you can work crazy hours and have the energy to impress the HR people in the top firm.

On the other hand, if you wanted to stay in a mid-tier level firm anyway, I don't see much of a benefit in risking what you have for a chance to work somewhere you didn't see yourself working at anyway.

I believe the most important question is to ask yourself - where do you want to go/end up? And then figure out how best to achieve that aim :)

Speaking from a personal point of view - if I had a chance to go to the firm I wanted to be in (be it large, small or medium) I'd take that chance. But if it was a firm I was merely lukewarm to, but had "prestige", then I might choose to stay with the firm that I know and have a good relationship with already.

And to throw in one more cliche - nothing ventured nothing gained. But the venture must be a considered one ;)

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

anyone heard from MHC about 2nd round interviews yet?

Hey,

Heard nothing from MHC either which I am guessing is bad sign as the second round interviews start today...according to the website anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

hey....wondering has anyone heard anything back from Malcolmson saw yet??? submission date was 5th of Jan....

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

birdie89 wrote: »
    hey....wondering has anyone heard anything back from Malcolmson saw yet??? submission date was 5th of Jan....

Nope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Nope...

Neither did I...I got no confirmation that they received my application either, did anybody else?

Sheedy wrote: »
    Neither did I...I got no confirmation that they received my application either, did anybody else?

I didnt....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

no confirmation either, or anything since. Have given up hope at this stage!

birdie89 wrote: »

Me neither!

still not a thing from malcolmson....thats a month now...all hope is gone!

anyone heard from beale and co??

I hadn't even received a confirmation of receipt of the my application from Malcomson so I emailed the HR department and a lady got back to me and said the hadn't even started shortlisting for interview yet! Don't lose hope yet - thats was only last week..

I hadn't even received a confirmation of receipt of the my application from Malcomson so I emailed the HR department and a lady got back to me and said the hadn't even started shortlisting for interview yet! Don't lose hope yet - thats was only last week..

so its a case of no news is good news.....hate the waiting game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Did she give any idea as to when they would begin contacting people?

nope, and she was quiet curt in the email so i didnt ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Hello,
    Just got a PFO from BW! did anybody else got it? they encouraged me to apply for the summer intern programme :)

juliach wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just got a PFO from BW! did anybody else got it? they encouraged me to apply for the summer intern programme :)

haha i got it a few days ago.....about 5 months late!

• Advertisement

hi guys...

just wondering if anyone got a confirmation email frm BW after they sent their summer internship application?

Advertisement