Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

friar tucks

Options
  • 13-05-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

who remembers this place? it was where apache pizza is now in henry street

best kebabs in town, 1000 times better than abra

bring back friar tucks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah I remember that place. Kebabs were good alright. Place used to be crazy on a Saturday night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Bring it back alright, but don't replace Apache. I've got a soft spot for there €5.50 9-inch pizza and can of coke deal. Mine's a ham and onion one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

best battered sossies there as well, used to go down there on our school lunch break, eat, and walk the length of henry street to be back in time. Ah, the memories...

2 Espressi wrote:
    best battered sossies there as well, used to go down there on our school lunch break, eat, and walk the length of henry street to be back in time. Ah, the memories...

Friar's didn't do battered sausages to my knowledge. I think you maybe getting confused with The Lobster Pot which is right next door and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I prefered the Lobster pot of old, its gone to the dogs now, the place is nice and clean and redeorated and all, just their chips are dry and they have gone too pricey for what you get in there.

Only good places now are either Luigis the golden grill and O connell grill.

although there is little difference between a small chip and a large chip in luigis.

• Advertisement

Fusco's next to the old Black Battery pub in Garryowen do excellent traditional Fish n' Chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Best kebabs ever but you'd need a shower after eating one of them.

Used to sit on the steps of the church across the road tucking into my kebab watching the inevitable fighting that started outside Lobster Pot and Friar's.

Shout out to the prawn chip in Lobstor Pot too.

Only place in town you could get traditional fish & chips after midnight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Wow. An 11 year old thread. Is that a record?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Wow. An 11 year old thread. Is that a record?

Still trying to get used to the updated interface on boards.

My bad :)

Advertisement