Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

• 10-06-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Has anyone already had their interview for Hibernia? If so, how'd you get on?? Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

Hi

Just got notification of email for next wednesday. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Mares88 wrote: »
    Hi

Really?? I'm still waiting to hear.. Hows the Gaeilge? What do you have your degree in? It's so stressful !!!

Hi

Really?? I'm still waiting to hear.. Hows the Gaeilge? What do you have your degree in? It's so stressful !!!

stew.z.ger wrote: »

Degree - BA Exercise and Health from WIT. Out of college seven years, sec school 11 so just re sat Irish this year.

Gaeilge is ok, a bit apprehensive about a 15 Min gaeilge interview though. How about yourself? Are you out of college long?

Degree - BA Exercise and Health from WIT. Out of college seven years, sec school 11 so just re sat Irish this year.

Gaeilge is ok, a bit apprehensive about a 15 Min gaeilge interview though. How about yourself? Are you out of college long?

At least with doing the Gaeilge this year its fresh in your head.. Getting my college results tomorrow... my nerves!!! I sat my HL Irish last year but its still nerve wrecking!!! I'm out of school 11 years too - feel rather old!!

• Advertisement

At least with doing the Gaeilge this year its fresh in your head.. Getting my college results tomorrow... my nerves!!! I sat my HL Irish last year but its still nerve wrecking!!! I'm out of school 11 years too - feel rather old!!

When did you do your degree? Yes it is totally nerve wrecking. When did you apply to hibernia? Are you getting any help with gaeilge for interview? Are you applying to any other colleges?

I'm only just finished my degree, getting results tomorrow. I applied to Dub had my interview last month - the Irish was tough.. English interview was good. I got help before my Dub interview with Irish so I'll just brush up on it. I had my interview for Dub smack bang between my college exams which I found so stressful, but sure I may wait and see.. I did the best I could do at the time. Are u fin the LC now?? Were the papers nice??

Hi

Did Hibernia ring you first? How long did u have to wait after applying? I applied 2weeks ago.

Did Hibernia ring you first? How long did u have to wait after applying? I applied 2weeks ago.

Fair play doing interviews & final exams. I applied end of may id say as im just back to work after maternity leave so applied early. What kind of gaeilge questions were you asked? How long was gaeilge part? Im v.apprehensive about it. I feel like I will crumble.

Fair play doing interviews & final exams. I applied end of may id say as im just back to work after maternity leave so applied early. What kind of gaeilge questions were you asked? How long was gaeilge part? Im v.apprehensive about it. I feel like I will crumble.

It was tough going having the interview slotted between them. I was asked general ques first about myself and about college. My degree is in Childcare so they were asking me about that. They asked what I'm going to do at the weekend. Am I going on hols. How did I prepare for the interview. Did I ever go to a Gaeltacht or a Gaelscoil. What would I do If I was a principal in a Gaelscoil. Their ques did throw me a bit as they asked me about the Child care curriculum. I just didn't think they would ask me that.. You will be fine. What are you preparing?

• Advertisement

It was tough going having the interview slotted between them. I was asked general ques first about myself and about college. My degree is in Childcare so they were asking me about that. They asked what I'm going to do at the weekend. Am I going on hols. How did I prepare for the interview. Did I ever go to a Gaeltacht or a Gaelscoil. What would I do If I was a principal in a Gaelscoil. Their ques did throw me a bit as they asked me about the Child care curriculum. I just didn't think they would ask me that.. You will be fine. What are you preparing?

Very good. Yeah curriculum would have thrown me. At the mo iv just gone over everything I had for oral n iv printed off lists of questions from education posts.ie and im trying to make sure my tenses are up to scratch. Im heading to my grinds teacher today just to see has he any other bits. The nerves are the worst part aren't they? Id be grand if I was sitting in the sitting room by myself! Is dublin yout 1st choice?

Yep Froebel is my first choice. I would be thrilled if I got Hibernia. Whichever to be honest! Yep nerves are a killer but the interviewers know that we are nervous. They are actually lovely. How did u get on with your grinds? I'm moving house next week.. So I may talk in Irish whilst I'm packing =/

Yep Froebel is my first choice. I would be thrilled if I got Hibernia. Whichever to be honest! Yep nerves are a killer but the interviewers know that we are nervous. They are actually lovely. How did u get on with your grinds? I'm moving house next week.. So I may talk in Irish whilst I'm packing =/

Apologies

Returned to work Friday after maternity leave so have had a hectic few days.
    Irish grinds were good. My teacher is a dote. We just had a general conversation. Im wondering how much room there are for errors. Im trying to shove MC into general chit chat so they might avoid asking me a ridiculous question! Some of them are awful. Id definately be caught on the hop for some of them because all I know is what to say iv I had loads of money! However I presume they arent looking for long winded answers.

Have you had any news on interview? Do you mind me asking what you were asked in froebel? I am doing english at the mo and trying to have some words in irish too that il hopefully be able to fit them into sentences! Reading the english is so interesting.. It really confirms that this is what I want to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Hey there, Any news on the interviews? waiting to be called too-fairly nervous as I'm out of school 14 years and really haven't spoken much Gaeilge since then!!!!!

Mo Chuisle wrote: »
    Hey there, Any news on the interviews? waiting to be called too-fairly nervous as I'm out of school 14 years and really haven't spoken much Gaeilge since then!!!!!

When did you apply?? Are you getting any grinds or anything? It will probably fly back to you when you start! I have my interview this Wednesday. Sick thinking about it!!

Apologies

Returned to work Friday after maternity leave so have had a hectic few days.
    Irish grinds were good. My teacher is a dote. We just had a general conversation. Im wondering how much room there are for errors. Im trying to shove MC into general chit chat so they might avoid asking me a ridiculous question! Some of them are awful. Id definately be caught on the hop for some of them because all I know is what to say iv I had loads of money! However I presume they arent looking for long winded answers.

Have you had any news on interview? Do you mind me asking what you were asked in froebel? I am doing english at the mo and trying to have some words in irish too that il hopefully be able to fit them into sentences! Reading the english is so interesting.. It really confirms that this is what I want to do :)

The interview ques that I put up the ither day were the ques I was asked. The interview I attended was for Froebel Marino and Pats. Haven't heard yet about mine.. Good luck for Wednesday!! Let me know how it goes!!

Sent in my application last Monday and got the email to confirm they have received it so just waiting to be called now…Have been doing a bit each evening myself and also did one of the Gaelchulture courses-found it really good!!! Hopefully it will come back to me, have been working a lot on my verbs/tenses..EEeeeekkkkkkkk the thoughts of it!!!! How are you fixed? The best of luck, let me know how you get on-post some of your questions if you remember any of them!!!

Sent in my application last Monday and got the email to confirm they have received it so just waiting to be called now…Have been doing a bit each evening myself and also did one of the Gaelchulture courses-found it really good!!! Hopefully it will come back to me, have been working a lot on my verbs/tenses..EEeeeekkkkkkkk the thoughts of it!!!! How are you fixed? The best of luck, let me know how you get on-post some of your questions if you remember any of them!!!

You should hear soon so. Im hoping im ok, just sat the leaving so same as just going over my verbs etc! I will let u know yes if i remember!! Oh very good that course will stand to you aswell. Im terrified the nerves will get the better of me in both tbh. esp Irish. I remember the leaving cert oral and I was actually shaking before I went in!!

Oh i know -easy to say but try keep calm cause it will show physically if you are nervous. THE BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Best of luck for your interview today!! Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Hi guys
    Are you on education posts? All of the english qs in that are relavent. Think its the hiberna interview 2014 thread. I didn't get asked anything out of the ordinary.

The irish was basically questions on my personal statement. I ran a marathon 2 years ago so asked me a lot about that. I honestly couldn't say how I did in the irish. I feel I am 50/50 :(.

Best of luck to you all

Any word of your interview Mares88? Still waiting to be called!!

Any word of your interview Mares88? Still waiting to be called!!

When did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear too... I applied the end of May...

I sent off my application on the 16th of June, I actually rang to ensure they received my application because didn’t want to miss the original deadline, the girl on the phone said they had sacks of applications to get through!! More time for us to revise I suppose. How are you getting on with it all? Im finding the Irish a bit tough, been so long since I spoke it!!!!

Did you get confirmation emails? I got my confirmation email on the 29th May and interview was 25th June.

No news yet Mo chuisle. Im living on my nerves!!
    It said 5-10 working days on the first email and then the confirmation of interview one I got said mid july.

How did the college results go for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

I did hibernia in 04/05. I remember afterwards at orientation someone said the interviewing panel asked 'would i like this person to teach m
    y child?'. Also the three qualities of an effective teacher:knowledge, fairness and sense of humour.
    Listen to r na g going along in the car. It gets you into Irish language mode.

Yes got my confirmatory email on the 19th of June-so just waiting now!!! Have been watching TG4 and strangely enough I actually have started enjoying Ros na Rún!!! LOL
    I’d say you are so anxious Mares88, fingers crossed for you.

How did the college results go for you?

I got a 1.1 so over the moon!! Thank you for asking :-)

• Advertisement

I sent off my application on the 16th of June, I actually rang to ensure they received my application because didn’t want to miss the original deadline, the girl on the phone said they had sacks of applications to get through!! More time for us to revise I suppose. How are you getting on with it all? Im finding the Irish a bit tough, been so long since I spoke it!!!!

I'm fretting to be honest.. I am in the middle of moving house so I'm not really able to sit down n read stuff so I am trying to chat to myself.. Then I forget a word and beat myself up about it! I as I'm sure you all want this so bad!! :-0

Advertisement