Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogging published content

• 01-10-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi Folks! Is it OK to reproduce short stories (or other content) that you have had published in journals, e-zines and the likes?

I've set up a blog that reprints any stories I've had published (with a short explanation of the story's motivation and a link to where it was published). I'm not sure if this is acceptable though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Guess it depends on what rights you gave to the journals when they published your work. A lot of publishers ask for exclusive worldwide rights for a period of time, after which you are free to do as you please.

Chances are, it will be fine, given some time has passed, but if you want to be certain you aren't stepping on anyone's toes, you could check each of the journal's sites for info on rights, or email the editor, if you can't find the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Guess it depends on what rights you gave to the journals when they published your work. A lot of publishers ask for exclusive worldwide rights for a period of time, after which you are free to do as you please.

Chances are, it will be fine, given some time has passed, but if you want to be certain you aren't stepping on anyone's toes, you could check each of the journal's sites for info on rights, or email the editor, if you can't find the info.

I had a look at their sites and there's no mention of a period of exclusivity. I'll send them a mail and make sure. Cheers!

Advertisement