Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Easy enough to make a decent render of a stadium. I need concrete gameplay footage before i conseed that it may be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Although it is not yet certain if it'll be released here

I can play US games on my PS3 + HDTV, and I can buy stuff on line. This shouldn't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

andrewdcs wrote: »
    IRB missing a trick not trying to get an EA quality game in.

Each union is owner of their own copywritten effects thus any rights pertaining to them is entirely seperate from anything within those of IRB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

tolosenc wrote: »
    I can play US games on my PS3 + HDTV, and I can buy stuff on line. This shouldn't be an issue.

they said it should be region free anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So Sidhe has released further screenshots for Rugby Challenge and oh my god.

http://rugbychallengegame.com/2011/06/first-console-action-screenshots/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

HB Studios released two screens of their game.

Looks dire in my opinion (especially in comparison to the rugby challenge screenshots) Also in the gameplay department it seems that EVERY defending player will chase after a linebreak which really annoyed me about rugby 08.

Looks like Sidhe are firmly in the driving seat for this generation of rugby games.

TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg

TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png

They'v basically updated their 08 Engine to include 3D crowds and props from what we'v seen so far. I was hoping they'd start from scratch but alas no.

rugbychallenge07.jpg

rugbychallenge02.jpg

rugbychallenge01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

:D:D:D:D:D

cannot wait for rugby challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Oh man, those HB screenshots are an embarrassment.

Stev_o wrote: »
    They'v basically updated their 08 Engine to include 3D crowds and props from what we'v seen so far. I was hoping they'd start from scratch but alas no.

Are you a Harlequins supporter...

• Advertisement

jolley123 wrote: »
    Are you a Harlequins supporter...

Nope Leicester. Why?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Nope Leicester. Why?

whoops quoted the wrong person, that question was meant for Box.

Me, no i'm a Leinster supporter, why?

B0X wrote: »
    Me, no i'm a Leinster supporter, why?

I went to the Rugby Forum to look at the HB screenshots. Some Harlequins guy basically said the same thing as you about the images so I thought that you might be a poster over there too.
    B0X wrote: »
    Also in the gameplay department it seems that EVERY defending player will chase after a linebreak which really annoyed me about rugby 08.

His Quote:That second one gives me the horrible feeling that the ai will make EVERY PLAYER chase the ball carrier after a break, which is something that really irritates me about rugby 08

Hah, that's gas, great minds think alike. I must meet this scholar! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

OK, so not getting the HB Studios one...

New Zealand Gamer got a hands on with it

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/previews/921/all-blacks-rugby-challenge-hands-on.html

And oh my god this sounds like the most polished next gen game we could ever have hoped for! August needs to hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT GET MY HOPES UP

Damn I'm typing in all caps already...

Have to say rugby challenge seems to be stepping up to the mark. The HB/505 game just looks like a bad port of rugby 08 so far.

Heres hoping we get a decent game. Wonder what Irelands rating is...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

some new screenies from the Official WC HB/505 game....

243573_160640420668210_143146185750967_390566_5889751_o.jpg

257693_160640430668209_143146185750967_390567_5033511_o.jpg

258205_160640407334878_143146185750967_390565_8273793_o.jpg

I know i'll probably buy both when the time comes, but everything seems to be pointing towards Rugby Challenge as the clear winner...especially considering WETA have had some role in ABRC too.

• Advertisement

Still its all down to gameplay. Couldnt give a flying fook about graphics if the gameplay suffers.

Well just look at HB's spot and look at the two backlines. The furtherest they stretch out to is the half way line mean wtf that NEVER happens in real life it's just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Abdullah Wonderful Ladyfinger

circos wrote: »
    Still its all down to gameplay. Couldnt give a flying fook about graphics if the gameplay suffers.

Exactly. Which is the exact reason why I still play Jonah Lomu rugby every week!

i still play world cup 95 on the sega haha

http://www.gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Sega_Genesis/Snap/big/Rugby_World_Cup_95_-_1994_-_Electronic_Arts.jpg

505/hb just posted this on their facebook.

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/e3-2011-coverage-rugby-world-cup-2011/

Still seems very limited with just a world cup option ala fifa world cup. Should be cheaper than full price too imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

like I said I'll get both of them, and the one that plays the best will be the one I play the most! The fact that we even have the choice between two is pretty deadly!

like I said I'll get both of them, and the one that plays the best will be the one I play the most! The fact that we even have the choice between two is pretty deadly!

Totally agree. Its been too long. Plus competiton between both can only mean better quality games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

circos wrote: »
    505/hb just posted this on their facebook.

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/e3-2011-coverage-rugby-world-cup-2011/

Still seems very limited with just a world cup option ala fifa world cup. Should be cheaper than full price too imo...

"As a result, 505 Games have created one of the best HD, current gen rugby games around."

What an achievement. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

some more rugby challenge shots up
    http://rugbychallengegame.com/2011/

same type as before.

They have 4 videos, a trailer and more shots all in the pipeline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Aviva premiership licences confirmed for rugby challenge, but it looks like they won't have magners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ajeffares wrote: »
    Aviva premiership licences confirmed for rugby challenge, but it looks like they won't have magners

Will they have the RaboBank Pro12? :o

Advertisement